Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DSJ, Knox and Randle

It begs the question of whether or not you can keep these guys especially with not only Toppin coming in but also Quickley and Balmaro

Plus signing Nerlens Noel on top of it and re signing Elfrid Payton

The Knicks might just have to trade Dennis Smith Jr, Kevin Knox and Julius Randle but where can you trade these guys to?

I think they would like to get rid of Randle. It frees up mins for Obi and allows you to play lineups that might provide more space and better opportunities for key young guys. I don’t see why you would have to move the other 2. DSJ should get another chance especially given how poor we are at PG. there are mins for Knoxs out there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Balmaro? Thought he was traded..

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think they would like to get rid of Randle. It frees up mins for Obi and allows you to play lineups that might provide more space and better opportunities for key young guys. I don’t see why you would have to move the other 2. DSJ should get another chance especially given how poor we are at PG. there are mins for Knoxs out there too.

I would trade DSJ with Randle if you are getting back a PG in return, and I won't lose sleep over including Knox in a trade but if Randle is gone and we are essentially tanking this year with the young guns there is room for Knox as a stretch 4 off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I would trade DSJ with Randle if you are getting back a PG in return, and I won't lose sleep over including Knox in a trade but if Randle is gone and we are essentially tanking this year with the young guns there is room for Knox as a stretch 4 off the bench.
    I’m not attached to any of them but I think Randle is the only one that potentially starts a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Letsgo2020 View Post
    Balmaro? Thought he was traded..
    He was, he’s not a Knick.

If we see Toppin as a top5 pick that dropped to 8, then he has to be given the starting 4 spot and every opportunity to be the starter even as a rookie. That would push Randle either to 5 or to the bench. At 5 it creates more rotation problems. Randle may not want to come off the bench.

It could create problems for the coach, problems for the locker room, problems for the players. It would be poor management to let the situation linger into the season without a resolution.

I’d trade Randle for a used condom.. no need to trade knox At this point. Give him 25 minutes a night
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Knick fans assume waaayy too much. First off, Randle has to go. No idea how or where, but dude has to go. Second, Knox is likely to stretch the floor and even play better D than Obi. Don't be surprised to see him starting at the 4 if Randle has successfully spun himself out of NY by then

Mitch...Noel
    Knox.....Obi
    RJ...........Iggy
    Bullock....Frank
    Burks....DSjr

Burks is more suited to play shooting guard, but Brown has wanted him to have the ball more, so Burks has played point guard as well. “What I've tried to do since we've been down here is just tap into his scoring ability, and for the most part, we've done that by giving him the ball,” Brown said. July 29, 2020

“Burks had to assume a lot on that point-guard responsibility, given that I didn’t really want to extend Shake Milton’s minutes,” Brown said. “I thought he did that well and we learned a bunch of things from the minutes that he played.”

“What I’ve tried to do since we’ve been down here is just tap into his scoring ability, and for the most part, we’ve done that by giving him the ball,” Brown said. " He’s effectively one of our backup point guards.”

Burks is strong off the pick-and-roll, able to shoot over smaller defenders.
    Last edited by Bivory; 11-22-2020 at 02:01 PM.

Trades in the NBA are all about leverage. Unfortunately the Knicks have none.

The reason why Dennis Smith Jr, Kevin Knox, and Julius Randle are still with the Knicks d/t the fact, they have no value on the trade market.

If they had any value, the Knicks would be introducing Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, or a superstar point guard to go with Obi Toppin and a super young front court.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Knick fans assume waaayy too much. First off, Randle has to go. No idea how or where, but dude has to go. Second, Knox is likely to stretch the floor and even play better D than Obi. Don't be surprised to see him starting at the 4 if Randle has successfully spun himself out of NY by then

Mitch...Noel
    Knox.....Obi
    RJ...........Iggy
    Bullock....Frank
    Burks....DSjr

Burks is more suited to play shooting guard, but Brown has wanted him to have the ball more, so Burks has played point guard as well. “What I've tried to do since we've been down here is just tap into his scoring ability, and for the most part, we've done that by giving him the ball,” Brown said. July 29, 2020

“Burks had to assume a lot on that point-guard responsibility, given that I didn’t really want to extend Shake Milton’s minutes,” Brown said. “I thought he did that well and we learned a bunch of things from the minutes that he played.”

“What I’ve tried to do since we’ve been down here is just tap into his scoring ability, and for the most part, we’ve done that by giving him the ball,” Brown said. " He’s effectively one of our backup point guards.”

Burks is strong off the pick-and-roll, able to shoot over smaller defenders.
    If Burks can play point that is interesting

Teams know the following:

1. Dennis Smith Jr never worked on his game, earned a long benching last season, and will be an UFA at the end of this season. His stock has never been lower.

2. Julius Randle is a terrible defender. Lakers and Pelicans couldn't wait to get rid of him. The very definition of empty stats. At best, he's a bench player. He's also an UFA at the end of this season.

3. Kevin Knox has one season to rescue his stock. He has to fight through Toppin, Barrett, Randle for playing time. I think Kenny Payne will get him back on track. It's going to take 2 MORE seasons to do it.

They should be traded but this dumb franchise will keep them.

Here's to hoping today is the day Julius Randle is traded

Lol guys which is it?? These guy are so terrible or the Knicks are terrible for not trading them. Don't you see the issue with these two statements???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast