Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You said they had the lowest number of cases in all of Europe. Maybe it’s not what you meant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And I acknowledged my error. Sweden is among the lowest in cumulative total cases.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    And I acknowledged my error. Sweden is among the lowest in cumulative total cases.
    Sweden is also among the lowest in total population...

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    And the Falcons were leading through 3 quarters of the Super Bowl. If you lose at the end, being up earlier matters little.

Their strategy was effective through the summer and then disastrous afterwards.

Their strategy was a failure, and they admitted it was a failure by imposing restrictions.
    As I said, go back to October 1 and tell me that you would have thought that Sweden failed in their efforts to control Covid. Since then, the case-rate has climbed, but before that, they were among the best in the world.

Sweden is also among the lowest in total population...
    We are in agreement that Sweden's actions currently are correct. They had a spike in cases for whatever reason and did what they needed to do to slow it down.

As I said, go back to October 1 and tell me that you would have thought that Sweden failed in their efforts to control Covid. Since then, the case-rate has climbed, but before that, they were among the best in the world.
    And if time stopped on 1 October this would be an accomplishment worth celebrating.

And if time stopped on 1 October this would be an accomplishment worth celebrating.
    so where are you going with this? Pandora's box has been opened EVERYwhere...all it needs to take for an approach to suddenly look bad is for a few cases to go undetected for a bit and people not realize it until they've infected a few others....it wasn't automatically the approach that was faulty since there's no perfect approach
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I think he was meaning cumulative, not necessarily just recent numbers
    And that’s not true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

All I said was that they were doing fine all summer, and they were, without any restrictions. They are getting hit hard now and have resorted to some lockdowns. It is the right move for them to make.
    They are still doing better, in total, than most of western Europe.
    More lies. You also claimed that they had less COVID-19 cases than every other European country (which is 100% false).

I apologize for using the word triggered with you. I also apologize for not going down far enough on Johns Hopkins' list of European cases.
    My point remains that Sweden was doing fine all summer without any restrictions. Now, they are getting hit hard and they are reacting properly.
    It's funny how you kiss a mod's *** when they show that you're wrong all while resorting solely to name calling (and/or not even acknowledging it) when I show you're wrong.

I think he was meaning cumulative, not necessarily just recent numbers
    Which would also make him wrong.

so where are you going with this? Pandora's box has been opened EVERYwhere...all it needs to take for an approach to suddenly look bad is for a few cases to go undetected for a bit and people not realize it until they've infected a few others....it wasn't automatically the approach that was faulty since there's no perfect approach
    Where am I going with this? I’m saying all those people who touted Sweden’s hands off approach as being a model to emulate were wrong. Sweden’s case and death rates were higher than their neighbors early on, and slowed when everyone’s slowed over the summer and now their strategy was such a failure they abandoned it.

The approach “may” not have been faulty, but it sure wasn’t effective, and considering they abandoned the approach, constantly defending it when even Sweden is not reeks of a desperate attempt to spin not doing anything as being a viable strategy when at this point no one in the entire world (including Sweden) thinks that.

Wrong again. You are a piss poor liar. There are around 50 countries in Europe and Sweden's number of cases is much closer to the highest on the list than the lowest.

We are in agreement that Sweden's actions currently are correct. They had a spike in cases for whatever reason and did what they needed to do to slow it down.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    It's funny how you kiss a mod's *** when they show that you're wrong all while resorting solely to name calling (and/or not even acknowledging it) when I show you're wrong.
    Why is it you're always so contentious?
    You must be a lot of fun at parties.

It's entirely possible to disagree with someone, even vehemently disagree, and still have a civil debate.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Why is it you're always so contentious?
    You must be a lot of fun at parties.

It's entirely possible to disagree with someone, even vehemently disagree, and still have a civil debate.
    Really telling that you say this to me and not to catman. Have you actually read through the last 24 hours of this thread or are you just jumping in to this conversation as cluelessly as it appears?

Keep up or piss off.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast