Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    That there is no mitigation to this virus without a vaccine, regardless of the measures.
    Of course there is.

If we never locked down and let it just burn through the population, today we would have most likely over 2 million dead americans.

But we did lockdown and we have 250k dead Americans, and in march herd immunity will most likely start coming into play , so while that number may climb to 400k it will still be well below the 2 million if we let it burn through with no measures.

That's a big difference. How could you say there is no.way to mitigate this virus?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Sweden’s cases surge, government tightens restrictions

I think it obvious that you can slow the spread. I don’t know what successful mitigation means to Broncos. If a lot less people get it and die before a vaccine can be introduced I think that’s success. Sweden has like 6.000 deaths no other Nordic county has a 1000. That doesn’t mean you have shut everything down and that we can’t learn from there successes and failure . I’d like to have options I’m just not sure what they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 11-22-2020 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

What's unique to those 5 out of 195 countries?

Minimal density population and/or far less travel to and from in comparison.

And what's my partisan claim? That's vaccines are needed. Nah man, that **** ain't partisan. Its reality across the board.
    Minimal population density?

Taiwan is the 2nd most densely populated country in the world
    South Korea (which he didn’t mention but certainly qualifies) is 3rd
    Haiti is 7th
    Thailand is 30th
    US is 79th

I don’t think it’s minimal population density

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    We have learned that herd immunity does not ****ing work.
    I think does it would just take a hell of a lot more death then some thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Also learned that lockdowns don't work. So what's your suggestion?
    We did? Cause I remember lockdowns leading to less cases.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    We did? Cause I remember lockdowns leading to less cases.
    Yep, and with maybe 50% compliance.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah, tell that to Australia, Haiti, New Zealand, Taiwan, and Thailand (among other countries that have successfully handled this pandemic).

https://www.endcoronavirus.org/countries
    Its easy to isolate island nations. Just restrict who comes and goes. 14 day quarantine on both sides of the trip. A friend of mine is a nurse in Australia and she told me that they put all incoming people in hotels for 2 weeks.
    New Zealand does the same thing, as does Taiwan.

That helps but it's sure not the only factor.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Its easy to isolate island nations. Just restrict who comes and goes. 14 day quarantine on both sides of the trip. A friend of mine is a nurse in Australia and she told me that they put all incoming people in hotels for 2 weeks.
    New Zealand does the same thing, as does Taiwan.
    EasiER yes, not easy....I mean Hawaii has done well, but it's also been at a HUGE expense from a revenue standpoint.

But what did Thailand do? They have hundreds of miles of borders with 4 other countries.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Not sure what to think of Thailand's success, other than they have a very strict government. I'll get ahold of a friend that lives there and ask her. She was an AFS student that graduated with me a long time ago.

Not sure what to think of Thailand's success, other than they have a very strict government. I'll get ahold of a friend that lives there and ask her. She was an AFS student that graduated with me a long time ago.
    Their govt probably has working brain which they use. Our govt pushes anti mask propaganda.

That would probably be the biggest difference between them and us.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Their govt probably has working brain which they use. Our govt pushes anti mask propaganda.

That would probably be the biggest difference between them and us.

well they named their capital Bangkok, so there's that
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Lockdowns definitely work, wtf are you talking about?

Not necessarily. In May/June, most of the cases in New York were people that were locked down. Also, lockdowns are only as good as the weakest link. If anyone lets Covid into a building, it is in and will spread throughout the population. The facility where I work was on lockdown and Covid got in because an employee brought it in. We have eliminated it and have been Covid free since the first week in May. We are still in lockdown and are doing our best to keep the facility Covid free.

Not necessarily. In May/June, most of the cases in New York were people that were locked down. Also, lockdowns are only as good as the weakest link. If anyone lets Covid into a building, it is in and will spread throughout the population. The facility where I work was on lockdown and Covid got in because an employee brought it in. We have eliminated it and have been Covid free since the first week in May. We are still in lockdown and are doing our best to keep the facility Covid free.
    Being 100% covid free isnt a good measure to say something works or not.

If that's the case, NO medicine works. NO medicine is 100% effectiveness/efficacy. Yet we don't say no medicine is effective, we accept them for what they accomplish.

The curves PROVE beyond any shadow of a doubt the lockdowns had a SIGNIFICANT effect on flattening the curve.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    well they named their capital Bangkok, so there's that
    Negative on that. They named it Krung Thep Maha Nakhon.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast