14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 92.86%
  • No

1 7.14%
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Anyone know what these 12 states have in common?

California
    Maryland
    Vermont
    Hawaii
    Massachusetts
    Connecticut
    Maine
    New Jersey
    Rhode Island
    New Mexico
    Pennsylvania
    New Hampshire

They have over 70% of residents with at least one dose of the vaccine and they also happen to be Democratic states.

It's amazing how the top of the vaccine distributions are all blue and those at the bottom are all red.
    Honestly, this is due in large part to Biden winning the election, if Trump was still in charge the amount of Vax hesitancy in the Blue States would be significantly higher, and the amount of Vax hesitancy in red states would be much lower.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Honestly, this is due in large part to Biden winning the election, if Trump was still in charge the amount of Vax hesitancy in the Blue States would be significantly higher, and the amount of Vax hesitancy in red states would be much lower.
    You're right that political affiliation matters in who gets the vaccine but by no means does it have to do with who won the election. It comes down to education, empathy, and what you buy as fact. The truth is there are sizable portions of conservatives that think the extent of the virus is over dramatized and that the vaccine is a placebo or is somehow worse than the virus itself. Its ironic though. For something Trump has given himself so much credit for, you didn't hear from him when he was vaccinated and you've hardly heard him push American people to get vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You're right that political affiliation matters in who gets the vaccine but by no means does it have to do with who won the election. It comes down to education, empathy, and what you buy as fact. The truth is there are sizable portions of conservatives that think the extent of the virus is over dramatized and that the vaccine is a placebo or is somehow worse than the virus itself. Its ironic though. For something Trump has given himself so much credit for, you didn't hear from him when he was vaccinated and you've hardly heard him push American people to get vaccinated.
    Kamala Harris said she wouldn’t have taken the vaccine if Trump was in charge of it and having something to do with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Kamala Harris said she wouldn’t have taken the vaccine if Trump was in charge of it and having something to do with it

No she said she wouldn't trust Trump as the credible source of information to get the vaccine. Does Kamala Harris speak for all Democrats btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post

My friend, you appear to have misinterpreted or misunderstood what she said.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    My friend, you appear to have misinterpreted or misunderstood what she said.
    Ignorance comes in two forms: first, genuinely not knowing something factual, and second, knowing something factual and choosing to ignore what you know.

No she said she wouldn't trust Trump as the credible source of information to get the vaccine. Does Kamala Harris speak for all Democrats btw?
    Her statement certainly stopped some, especially minority groups, from taking the vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Her statement certainly stopped some, especially minority groups, from taking the vaccines.
    I agree with you here. It was not a good thing to say

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I agree with you here. It was not a good thing to say

I believe her point was that they would rush out a vaccine without listening to the scientists. And that is how they handled a much greater portion of our COVID response. Our government stopped prioritizing testing so we would see fewer diagnosis of COVID. We were told it was time to open up months and months before we had a vaccine. The previous administration did so many things to weaken confidence in how we would handle COVID.

For a person of Harris's stature to come out and say that she would not take a vaccine that Trump endorsed because she doesn't trust Trump shows a total lack of regard for scientists, logic and general good behavior. It shows a childish streak that I hoped was going to go away when Trump left office. I guess childish behavior is the norm in national politics though.

For a person of Harris's stature to come out and say that she would not take a vaccine that Trump endorsed because she doesn't trust Trump shows a total lack of regard for scientists, logic and general good behavior. It shows a childish streak that I hoped was going to go away when Trump left office. I guess childish behavior is the norm in national politics though.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...avirus/608647/

Considering all the lies Trump told about the coronavirus, why should someone automatically take him at his word about the vaccine or trust his intentions? It wasn't like Trump was some ringing endorsement for the vaccine either. He took it in secret. Now he plays up how important he was to the process of creating it.

The only people to trust in regards to the vaccine is the medical doctors and scientists who were studying this as it was given in clinical trials and eventually became more widespread to the American people.

People are smart enough to make their own decisions from there. Either that or they're indoctrinated with ******** so far up to their eye balls that it just furthered a position of resistance that was already there.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-05-2021 at 02:23 AM.

https://www.pewresearch.org/science/...-a-covid-19-va

Positive views of the effects of science on society have edged lower since the pandemic, driven by declining views among Republicans. Two-thirds of U.S. adults say the impact of science on society has been mostly positive, down 6 points from 73% who said this before the pandemic. The share of Republicans and Republican leaners who say the effect of science on society has been positive is down 13 points since 2019 (from 70% to 57%). Among Democrats and Democratic leaners, 78% see the impact of science positively, which is little different from the 77% who said this two years ago.
    This is particularly concerning but it explains a lot to why all the leading states in terms of % of people vaccinated are all Democrat.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-05-2021 at 02:30 AM.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...avirus/608647/

Considering all the lies Trump told about the coronavirus, why should someone automatically take him at his word about the vaccine or trust his intentions? It wasn't like Trump was some ringing endorsement for the vaccine either. He took it in secret. Now he plays up how important he was to the process of creating it.

The only people to trust in regards to the vaccine is the medical doctors and scientists who were studying this as it was given in clinical trials and eventually became more widespread to the American people.

People are smart enough to make their own decisions from there. Either that or they're indoctrinated with ******** so far up to their eye balls that it just furthered a position of resistance that was already there.
    The point is that the vaccines were developed by international groups, to international standards. Harris' statement that she would not take one because she didn't trust Trump is about as childish as Trump's statements were. She likely caused a number of minority people to not get the vaccine, because she said it wasn't safe.

The point is that the vaccines were developed by international groups, to international standards. Harris' statement that she would not take one because she didn't trust Trump is about as childish as Trump's statements were. She likely caused a number of minority people to not get the vaccine, because she said it wasn't safe.
    That doesn't change Trump's dishonesty throughout the pandemic. Lies told that were politically motivated btw. Why would you then trust his word about the vaccine? This is the same man who was talking about injecting disinfectant cleaner as a way to prevent getting the virus. I think we've come to a stage in the vaccine process where those who want to get vaccinated in this country have already or are imminently about to. The latter being those who had to see others get it before they did.

Then there are those who haven't who never plan on doing so.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-05-2021 at 03:01 AM.

She shouldn’t have said it. It’s not like Trump personally developed the vaccine. It was an irresponsible thing to say.

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast