14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 92.86%
  • No

1 7.14%
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I thought it was a genius idea to begin with.
    What's the alternative, they have this money to spend on covid out reach, they could spend 5 million on a PSA no one gives a **** about, or they could shake things up.

It's not like there isn't information for people to look up regarding where or how to get a Vax if they want one.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    question, tho....when did they start allowing 12 and older to start getting vaxed....wouldn't that have also started about the same time the lottery did? In other words, wouldn't that also be part of the reason for the 'spike'?
    They announced sign ups for it, and the group that saw the spike was adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Realistically, I get it, and I didnít object per se. Rather, I am dismayed by what appears to be the need to bribe people to do what they should be doing in the first place.
    It's not always about *Bribing* people, some people are really busy and don't have the time, and if this is the extra nudge to get them to do it, so be it.

BTW NY, NJ, and COL have all recently announced that they'll be doing lotteries.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    What's the alternative, they have this money to spend on covid out reach, they could spend 5 million on a PSA no one gives a **** about, or they could shake things up.

It's not like there isn't information for people to look up regarding where or how to get a Vax if they want one.
    Good point.....people are unaware there has been tens of millions of dollars earmarked in stim bills to every state specifically to be used to get vaccines in arms.....and a myriad of ways to do that
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

It's not always about *Bribing* people, some people are really busy and don't have the time, and if this is the extra nudge to get them to do it, so be it.
    Bull feces. Somehow they could not manage to make time to do what amounts to their civic duty, but they can all of a sudden when thereís a potential pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Bull feces.

Bull feces. Somehow they could not manage to make time to do what amounts to their civic duty, but they can all of a sudden when thereís a potential pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Bull feces.
    I'm actually with Ciaban on this. Yea a lot of times things that you have to do to keep your bills paid come first. This is something very important but so is making sure you don't miss your shift at your 2nd or 3rd job to keep from losing your house/apartment.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I'm actually with Ciaban on this. Yea a lot of times things that you have to do to keep your bills paid come first. This is something very important but so is making sure you don't miss your shift at your 2nd or 3rd job to keep from losing your house/apartment.
    Misses the point. Of course other things come first. Why does the lottery change that?

So letís pay people to vote ó but only those people who have never voted before.

My health is not a "civic duty" gee maybe if we spent more time *shaming* people they'd all run out and get vaccinated.

Misses the point. Of course other things come first. Why does the lottery change that?

So letís pay people to vote ó but only those people who have never voted before.
    The lottery will give people the chance to win some money that they wouldnít otherwise. It will also make the millions of people who wonít win more likely to ask for some time off to get the vaccine they should anyways but are too afraid they will lose their job if they do.

My health is not a "civic duty" gee maybe if we spent more time *shaming* people they'd all run out and get vaccinated.
    You getting vaccinated does have real impact for other people. So itís more than just your health. You getting the vaccine will prevent more variants from emerging.

You getting vaccinated does have real impact for other people. So itís more than just your health. You getting the vaccine will prevent more variants from emerging.
    Something these ant-vaxxers don't understand. Not to mention, these vaccines have shown to be overwhelmingly safe. Its an ignorant society of give me my freedoms at all costs, even if it puts people in danger. Screw them.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Something these ant-vaxxers don't understand. Not to mention, these vaccines have shown to be overwhelmingly safe. Its an ignorant society of give me my freedoms at all costs, even if it puts people in danger. Screw them.
    It's also an unfortunate truth about our country. The only way to get people to do anything is to tell them how it directly impacts them and not how it could be helpful to those around them. Telling people that wearing a mask will prevent you from infecting someone else with COVID will encourage almost zero people to wear a mask. They need to hear how it will protect them before 99% of them will consider it. If masks didn't help you and only helped other people, no one would wear a mask outside of like 100 people across the country. We're selfish and don't care how our actions impact others.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

The lottery will give people the chance to win some money that they wouldnít otherwise. It will also make the millions of people who wonít win more likely to ask for some time off to get the vaccine they should anyways but are too afraid they will lose their job if they do.
    Like I said, I donít disagree that this may be practical given where things are; but as I wrote in my first post on this subject, I am dismayed that this is what we must resort to.

At this point, I really donít care what you offer them to get the vaccine. Just get the ****ing vaccine.

https://twitter.com/vinguptamd/statu...595918849?s=21

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast