Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Wil you take the Covid Vaccine

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    13 92.86%
  • No

    1 7.14%
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 437

Thread: Covid Vaccine

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,030
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    It simply shows that you are all talk, no action.
    So who on psd is action?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,858
    Is it my tin foil hat that makes me think that the rich will get the proper vaccine before the poor, no matter what their occupation?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57,757
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    So who on psd is action?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The people that actually backup what they say with action as opposed to those that simply run their mouth. Even for someone that just runs their mouth, you could at least be consistent. You go from "I hope someone kills Donald Trump" to "he's helped out the economy, I think I might want him to stay in power" to "he is destroying this economy and destroying democracy, you'd have to be crazy to support him" in a matter of days.

    I get that you love the sound of your own voice but come on, man. It's tough to take you seriously the way you go about these conversations.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57,757
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    It is likely that, according to the CDC, you will get your wish. Healthcare workers will be first. Then elderly and teachers and other essential workers. Then adults with pre-existing conditions followed by healthy adults and finally, kids.
    I'll get my wish regardless, thanks. There isn't a mandatory order for everyone to take the vaccine as soon as it is available.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,030
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    The people that actually backup what they say with action as opposed to those that simply run their mouth. Even for someone that just runs their mouth, you could at least be consistent. You go from "I hope someone kills Donald Trump" to "he's helped out the economy, I think I might want him to stay in power" to "he is destroying this economy and destroying democracy, you'd have to be crazy to support him" in a matter of days.

    I get that you love the sound of your own voice but come on, man. It's tough to take you seriously the way you go about these conversations.
    What actions have you backed up your words with?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57,757

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,465
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'll get my wish regardless, thanks. There isn't a mandatory order for everyone to take the vaccine as soon as it is available.
    Ima come shoot you while you sleep

    One thing a lot of people don't know about these vaccines, tho, is that it's not like they start from scratch. They likely started out with a flu vaccine or SARS vaccine and edited from there...so from a safety standpoint shouldn't be starting from that far upfield.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,030
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Ima come shoot you while you sleep [emoji14]

    One thing a lot of people don't know about these vaccines, tho, is that it's not like they start from scratch. They likely started out with a flu vaccine or SARS vaccine and edited from there...so from a safety standpoint shouldn't be starting from that far upfield.
    Yea, tbh honest if someone decided they will take the vaccine, I don't see the early batches as really being any more dangerous. There is a lot of science and real live trials that these pass before even sniffing the market.

    I guess really the way it could make a diff is if the vaccine somehow has a negative effect like 8 months later and our early trial data doesn't show it yet. It's possible but incredibly low likelihood.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    5,117
    The CDC would have been happy with 50+ efficacy and we currently have 90+. If everyone were to take this vaccine, we would eliminate the virus in a very short time. Will we eradicate it completely or just learn to live with it as we do with the seasonal flu? Time will tell.
    I'm sure we will need boosters annually or possibly more often than that with this vaccine. Hopefully, the virus will simply mutate into a form that is not infective as H1N1 did.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    15,241
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    The CDC would have been happy with 50+ efficacy and we currently have 90+. If everyone were to take this vaccine, we would eliminate the virus in a very short time. Will we eradicate it completely or just learn to live with it as we do with the seasonal flu? Time will tell.
    I'm sure we will need boosters annually or possibly more often than that with this vaccine. Hopefully, the virus will simply mutate into a form that is not infective as H1N1 did.
    Currenlty have 90+ for what 2 months? I don't think people appreciate the corners that have been cut. People will be getting the vaccine long before we know how long it works for and what =any long term side effects are.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    5,117
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Currenlty have 90+ for what 2 months? I don't think people appreciate the corners that have been cut. People will be getting the vaccine long before we know how long it works for and what =any long term side effects are.
    We have been told by the Iowa Department of Public Health that the vaccines that are currently being released will be available late this year and are safe, having been fully tested by the FDA and other foreign government health agencies. The CDC and FDA would not allow "corners to be cut" in the testing. The testing was under international scrutiny throughout and the vaccines that pass the 3 stages of testing -- does the vaccine kill the virus invitro, does the vaccine injure the patient it is used on, does it stop infection in the patients it is used on.
    If we need boosters annually or more often than that, so be it. We get flu shots annually (with less than 50% effectiveness). Another shot annually won't be a big deal for me.
    Last edited by catman; 11-22-2020 at 11:12 PM.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    5,117

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,874
    I get all the big vaccines but never the flu.

    Iíd prefer not to get this one but the two things that could change that are (1) if my employer pushes getting it so people can return to work (I miss the office) or (2) if it means my parents are more safe and come to visit.

    ....which I guess is selfish and Iíll just end up getting it. We do have a newborn at home with no immune system yet so thatís a factor.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    97,137
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I get all the big vaccines but never the flu.

    Iíd prefer not to get this one but the two things that could change that are (1) if my employer pushes getting it so people can return to work (I miss the office) or (2) if it means my parents are more safe and come to visit.

    ....which I guess is selfish and Iíll just end up getting it. We do have a newborn at home with no immune system yet so thatís a factor.
    I won't be going back into my office. For starters, no one on my team is located in the same office or even state as I am and two I'm too used to not getting on the train every day. I really like my job but I think it would be a sticking point if they forced me to go back into the office at this point. I've gotten a taste of this and I'm not giving it up. Thankfully I work in IT, where you can work remotely from anywhere.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    9,268
    I will end up getting the vaccine. I do have to say it dose worry me a little just because of how fast it is taking them to come up with it. the other side of it is I think a lot of people will think this is a cure all and once they get it will immediately go out and start acting like things are back to normal.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •