Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 92.86%
  • No

1 7.14%
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Vaccine

Got my first dose yesterday. Arm is sore, but other than that, no I’ll effects.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I've received both of mine (had to show ID both times, Hmmmmmm)

1st shot…no effects.

2nd shot…extreme fatigue that night. Could barely stay awake. Perfectly fine the next day. No further effects.

Mine was Pfizer. Someone told me the 2nd shot is stronger than the 1st. Don't know if that is truwe or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post

1st shot…no effects.

2nd shot…extreme fatigue that night. Could barely stay awake. Perfectly fine the next day. No further effects.

Mine was Pfizer. Someone told me the 2nd shot is stronger than the 1st. Don't know if that is truwe or not.
    Mine is Moderna, I was also told the second shot will be worse than the 1st.

Hit me and my daughter harder day 2. Which one did you get? I got Pfizer.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Moderna.

Mine is Moderna, I was also told the second shot will be worse than the 1st.
    I guess I should have known this but I didn't. It wouldn't have stopped me from getting the second though.

Question……why is there a need for a 2nd shot in the first place???

I guess I should have known this but I didn't. It wouldn't have stopped me from getting the second though.

Question……why is there a need for a 2nd shot in the first place???
    The 2nd shot takes the effectiveness up higher, and that's the way all the testing was done. There is some speculation that it's not critical, but no official testing to support that.

Lol. God bless Sluggo.

The 2nd shot takes the effectiveness up higher, and that's the way all the testing was done. There is some speculation that it's not critical, but no official testing to support that.
    Someone on FOXNews(GASP!) mentioned that it may have made more sense to get everyone the first shot before moving towards the second shot. Getting everyone to the 75% stage (or whatever the first shot did) before moving on to the second stage. Might not have been a bad idea.

just from the people I know, many who got the Pfizer were fatigued or just off the day after dose 2, but I've yet to find someone who had much beyond a bit of soreness in the arm for the others

South Dakota doing pretty well at this....closing in on 50% vaccinated and opening it up to everyone next week. Odd for me given I'm 65 with underlying conditions and haven't had my second dose yet....but I lost a week due to some confusion and just turned 65.......they'd opened it up to teachers, etc, when I got dose 1 and there will likely be a bunch of college kids there when I get dose 2 a week from today.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Someone on FOXNews(GASP!) mentioned that it may have made more sense to get everyone the first shot before moving towards the second shot. Getting everyone to the 75% stage (or whatever the first shot did) before moving on to the second stage. Might not have been a bad idea.
    Why would they want people to take shots for a made up virus that doesnt exist?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

that would be fine now that dose availability is less the issue, but it was less logical when it was no guarantee that second dose would be available for everybody on time

is GASP like the call letters for your Fox station down there? usually they start with a K
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    that would be fine now that dose availability is less the issue, but it was less logical when it was no guarantee that second dose would be available for everybody on time

is GASP like the call letters for your Fox station down there? usually they start with a K
    Here its KMPH.

KMPH!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Britain has been doing just that, due in large part to the dominance of the significantly more agressive B.1.1.7 variant there (this is the same strain that appears to be causing the current spike in the northeast USA).

I do not know whether delaying the second shot beyond the recommended window (3-6 weeks) reduces effectiveness.

Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast