13 92.86%
  • No

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Vaccine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Covid Vaccine

Will you take it? Yes or no. No further comments necessary.

Yes of course. For all the vaccine skeptics, we just went through the entire process, publicly. Now we know how vaccines are made and tested.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Yes of course. For all the vaccine skeptics, we just went through the entire process, publicly. Now we know how vaccines are made and tested.
    I'm not a vaccine skeptic, but I am a new things skeptic. So I will definitely take the vaccine. But I won't be in the first batch of non-risk folks to take it. I want to see it out in the proverbial wild first for a bit. I work remotely anyways and can do more everything I need to safely now so I will keep doing that for a while and then see how things are going.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I'm not a vaccine skeptic, but I am a new things skeptic. So I will definitely take the vaccine. But I won't be in the first batch of non-risk folks to take it. I want to see it out in the proverbial wild first for a bit. I work remotely anyways and can do more everything I need to safely now so I will keep doing that for a while and then see how things are going.
    Yep... New way of creating the virus. Not the usual long term effects studies. Vaccine yes... First in line **** no.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

If you asked this 4 weeks ago my response would've been absolutely. Now that I've had the virus...I'm honestly not sure.

Yeah, I'll probably wait until a month or so after the first round of beta testers.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah, I'll probably wait until a month or so after the first round of beta testers.
    I believe city workers are going to be the Guinea pigs around here. It goes into three phases (which I canít remember) that go something like 1st - volunteers, 2nd - immunocompromised city workers, 3rd - city workers 4th - general public.

I THINK.

If it all goes well, Iíll end up taking it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I believe city workers are going to be the Guinea pigs around here. It goes into three phases (which I canít remember) that go something like 1st - volunteers, 2nd - immunocompromised city workers, 3rd - city workers 4th - general public.

I THINK.

If it all goes well, Iíll end up taking it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What volunteers?
    I thought front line workers, teachers, elderly, and immunocompromised people in general were the CDC recommendation.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

It is likely that, according to the CDC, you will get your wish. Healthcare workers will be first. Then elderly and teachers and other essential workers. Then adults with pre-existing conditions followed by healthy adults and finally, kids.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    It is likely that, according to the CDC, you will get your wish. Healthcare workers will be first. Then elderly and teachers and other essential workers. Then adults with pre-existing conditions followed by healthy adults and finally, kids.
    I'll get my wish regardless, thanks. There isn't a mandatory order for everyone to take the vaccine as soon as it is available.

I'll get my wish regardless, thanks. There isn't a mandatory order for everyone to take the vaccine as soon as it is available.
    Ima come shoot you while you sleep

One thing a lot of people don't know about these vaccines, tho, is that it's not like they start from scratch. They likely started out with a flu vaccine or SARS vaccine and edited from there...so from a safety standpoint shouldn't be starting from that far upfield.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Ima come shoot you while you sleep [emoji14]

One thing a lot of people don't know about these vaccines, tho, is that it's not like they start from scratch. They likely started out with a flu vaccine or SARS vaccine and edited from there...so from a safety standpoint shouldn't be starting from that far upfield.
    Yea, tbh honest if someone decided they will take the vaccine, I don't see the early batches as really being any more dangerous. There is a lot of science and real live trials that these pass before even sniffing the market.

I guess really the way it could make a diff is if the vaccine somehow has a negative effect like 8 months later and our early trial data doesn't show it yet. It's possible but incredibly low likelihood.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Actually, there's already been months of beta testing. Hence the vaccines are going public.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Actually, there's already been months of beta testing. Hence the vaccines are going public.
    True and I believe they are doing everything they can to make a good vaccine. Which is why I will take it. But I also believe that Sony and Microsoft do everything they can to make a good gaming system but that they always have bugs when first released publicly.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Not by millions of people (which is what I was obviously referring to).

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast