14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 92.86%
  • No

1 7.14%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Another statement made just to argue again. I appreciate your posts.
    If he said something incorrect, you could simply correct him as opposed to continuing this trend of pretending like your words are above reproach.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Not necessarily.
    how so? If the efficacy is measured by the vaccine's ability to stave off a virus, and because people are vaccinated there's less out there, that wouldn't increase the vaccine's efficiency?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I will say that I've seen a few people I know and respect show hesitancy because of how rushed these vaccines obviously are, and you know...why should anyone trust a company like Pfizer? But if it is cleared, well...I'll be a good little sheep and let them stick it in me!

I'm not with family for Thanksgiving. A few of my closest friends have been unemployed for half a year now. I miss doing things. So many people are struggling so much because of this. The sooner we achieve normalcy the better. I'd take any vaccine in a heartbeat.

I doubt most Americans would though.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    how so?
    If there were long-term side effects not observable in initial trials prior to public release that made the vaccine less effective (or even not worth taking at all). Plus as the sample size gets larger, more issues could pop up that weren't discovered in smaller sample sizes. That could also work in the other direction too I'd imagine. Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I will say that I've seen a few people I know and respect show hesitancy because of how rushed these vaccines obviously are, and you know...why should anyone trust a company like Pfizer? But if it is cleared, well...I'll be a good little sheep and let them stick it in me!

I'm not with family for Thanksgiving. A few of my closest friends have been unemployed for half a year now. I miss doing things. So many people are struggling so much because of this. The sooner we achieve normalcy the better. I'd take any vaccine in a heartbeat.

I doubt most Americans would though.
    that's my concern, the people who are against wearing masks or think that its no worse than the flu or cold, or the people who are just are antivaxxers, these people aren't going to take the vaccine, so is the vaccine going to help get back to a sense of normalcy?

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    that's my concern, the people who are against wearing masks or think that its no worse than the flu or cold, or the people who are just are antivaxxers, these people aren't going to take the vaccine, so is the vaccine going to help get back to a sense of normalcy?
    It'll certainly help but I doubt it'll end up being a get out of jail free card sort of thing (especially with so many people that would rather rely on baseless hunches over science).

It'll certainly help but I doubt it'll end up being a get out of jail free card sort of thing (especially with so many people that would rather rely on baseless hunches over science).
    maybe there is a way to sneak it into people. maybe say its a new kind of alcohol that has to be injected? or better yet lets say its bleach cause you know Trump said it was ok to inject bleach.

maybe there is a way to sneak it into people. maybe say its a new kind of alcohol that has to be injected? or better yet lets say its bleach cause you know Trump said it was ok to inject bleach.
    Maybe tell people it's like a "red pill" sort of thing, that once taken will wipe away the unsettling illusion that is 2020 aka fake viruses, Trump losing his bid for re-election, less visits to Applebee's, etc.

True but they're more likely to catch it anyway, so they should most likely get immunity natural style.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

we're likely going to be masking up all of 2021 anyway, it appears

Can Biden change the name of the operation? It might help the vaccines chances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

That would be his prerogative. If he can get people like VP elect Harris to stop saying that she won't take a vaccine because she doesn't trust Trump, that would be a decent start. These vaccines have been vetted by international groups of Physicians and they have been found to be safe and effective. The FDA would not approve their use if they weren't.
    And I was just informed that my antibody level is no longer high enough to donate convalescent plasma. I have donated since May and I am surprised that they lasted this long. 7 months of antibody based immunity (starting when I recovered from Covid in the middle of April) is pretty good.
    Last edited by catman; 11-26-2020 at 02:55 AM.

If he said something incorrect, you could simply correct him as opposed to continuing this trend of pretending like your words are above reproach.
    You should follow that advice.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

Operation Warp Speed you mean? Wasn't that just the name to GET vaccines ready? Not necessarily the name to get people vaccinated

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Absolutely. I'm not about to catch corona and die a horrible death on an intubator. Anti maskers often like to quote death rates, but i'm not about to be in that small but significant percentage that dies from this, or develops scarred lungs, if I survive.
    I donít have the link. But someone is tracking long term disability, longevity trends, hospitalization time, work days lost, etc for people who tested positive. I want to say itís 18-20% (this number may not be correct) of people who show symptoms.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast