14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 92.86%
  • No

1 7.14%
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    from what our local ppl said, Moderna is mostly going to larger cities, who can better deal with the ultra cold needs

I'm trying to find out if I'm in the next group or not...which is supposed to include 65+, which I'm just short of, and those with 2+ underlying conditions, which I have. As I read it, I should, but my doctor's nurse says she was told underlying conditions AND 65+
    I thought it was the Pfizer one that had to be super cold and the moderna was easier to store?

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I thought it was the Pfizer one that had to be super cold and the moderna was easier to store?
    I may have said it backwards...whichever needs ultra cold is going to larger cities
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

https://news.yahoo.com/bidens-millio...114156926.html

Currently, U.S. vaccination efforts are constrained by supply shortages and inefficient distribution of the two approved vaccines, from Modern and Pfizer/BioNTech. "States are expected to run out of doses of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccine within days," Politico says. But both companies are ramping up production, and Johnson & Johnson's one-dose vaccine is expected to hit the shelves by the end of February, so there should be amply supply to significantly exceed Biden's current goal by April.

Nice.

went to the med clinic today cause I'm not feeling great and as we were waiting for the rapid test results to come back we got on the subject of the vaccine and the Nurse Practioner asked "oh would you like to put your name on the list for the vaccine" and it kind of surprised me cause I am 34 but, do have some issues like HBP and Asthma but, didn't think I would be eligible for awhile and the Practioner said that the policy coming down is if someone asks about the vaccine they are putting them on the list for it and in february they will be starting to dish it out.

They must be figuring they are getting a bunch of the vaccine soon, or its because most of the people around here (i'm heavily in trumper territory) probably won't get it so they are gonna have plenty of stock

went to the med clinic today cause I'm not feeling great and as we were waiting for the rapid test results to come back we got on the subject of the vaccine and the Nurse Practioner asked "oh would you like to put your name on the list for the vaccine" and it kind of surprised me cause I am 34 but, do have some issues like HBP and Asthma but, didn't think I would be eligible for awhile and the Practioner said that the policy coming down is if someone asks about the vaccine they are putting them on the list for it and in february they will be starting to dish it out.

They must be figuring they are getting a bunch of the vaccine soon, or its because most of the people around here (i'm heavily in trumper territory) probably won't get it so they are gonna have plenty of stock
    I wouldn't read a LOT into it....you're just getting on a list. CDC guidelines that states are largely going by have lists of priorities by occupation and age, but also underlying conditions. For example, in SD the current group in line for vaccinations include people over 65 and people with 2 or more of a set of underlying conditions. But the group considered as having 2 or more underlying conditions is relatively large because the CDC listed 23 things, so it's up to my doctor to decide how he'd prioritize me for the vaccine list.

Assuming Iowa is similar, it's not that you'd be offered it next week, you just might be offered it before others your age who don't have underlying conditions. I'm expecting to get it towards March 1 because I'm on the fringe of this group- not quite 65 and my conditions wouldn't be prioritized as high as others, but are on the list.

Trumpers or not, I haven't heard of a lot of people refusing to get it. I've heard people hesitating until they see what reactions people have, but not flat out refusing. That said, the doses available will certainly be increasing, especially if more vaccines get approved.

The rollout here in Connecticut has been fraught with problems and controversy. The are now numerous reports filtering out of people jumping the line or gaming the system. For instance, in one district, the members of the Board of Education and their families managed somehow to get in the front of the line, ahead of on-site teachers and people over 75.

In another district, the online appointment system was so messed up that health official gave out the vaccine on a first-come-first-served basis, but sent the notification of such to limited recipients.

There is only one vaccine site in the whole state for those who apply by phone.

The online application system is (VAMS) is hopelessly complicated, particularly for the elderly and those whose English is weak (no Spanish pn the site).

Prisoners are pretty much all vaccinated.

And all that with far fewer doses than promised. WTF?

I will be receiving my 2nd dose of Pfizer vaccine a week from Thursday. I have heard that the 2nd dose has more side effects than the first. My daughter and son-in-law, both physicians, and a good friend who is a dialysis nurse have all told me to expect to be sick for a couple of days following the vaccine. I am off the day after my next dose and am planning to stay home and rest as much as possible so I can work the weekend. My first dose wasn't bad. I felt ill the next evening, but only for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    The rollout here in Connecticut has been fraught with problems and controversy. The are now numerous reports filtering out of people jumping the line or gaming the system. For instance, in one district, the members of the Board of Education and their families managed somehow to get in the front of the line, ahead of on-site teachers and people over 75.

In another district, the online appointment system was so messed up that health official gave out the vaccine on a first-come-first-served basis, but sent the notification of such to limited recipients.

The online application system is (VAMS) is hopelessly complicated, particularly for the elderly and those whose English is weak (no Spanish pn the site).

Look to the mayors and governors of the state for the crap going on. They are responsible for receiving the vaccines logistically, determining the criteria for distribution, and distributing the stuff. To me, this distribution should be closely watched by people and the mayors and governors who don't do a good job should be voted out or recalled from office like this idiot that is the California governor is about to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post

The vaccine is no different than a free market system at this point. Too much demand, not enough supply. You're expecting a lot if you think government systems who already do a piss poor job handling other programs, would do an infinitely better job here.

Here in NY, they are only shipping 250,000 doses a week to a state of 19 million people. Even if there weren't issues with distribution or logistical problems, the demand far exceeds the current supply. Not to mention, these vaccines have a shelf life and states don't want hospitals, clinics, etc to sit on them if they aren't being given. This is going to be a ******** for a while.

Operation Warp Speed was a failure in terms of orchestration as well. Azar predicted a 100 million doses by the end of 2020 in October. That goal post was moved to 20 million by December. There were also funding issues for mass vaccination administration and lack of trained staff to give it out. It was a misfiring on multiple levels.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-26-2021 at 05:53 PM.

The problem with the vaccinations is at the state and local level. In California we have seen rich and Hollywood elites jumping the line and getting shots. Money is changing hands. Priorities being changed virtually every day. the idiot mayor and the idiot governor are too busy politicking to actually prioritize the distribution of the vaccines. I'm 75 and was supposed to be on a priority to gets the shots but can't get scheduled but guys I know that are in their 50's and their families have. Its haphazard and awfully conducted.

13. 01-27-2021, 12:21 AM
    Reason
    Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I wouldn't read a LOT into it....you're just getting on a list. CDC guidelines that states are largely going by have lists of priorities by occupation and age, but also underlying conditions. For example, in SD the current group in line for vaccinations include people over 65 and people with 2 or more of a set of underlying conditions. But the group considered as having 2 or more underlying conditions is relatively large because the CDC listed 23 things, so it's up to my doctor to decide how he'd prioritize me for the vaccine list.

Assuming Iowa is similar, it's not that you'd be offered it next week, you just might be offered it before others your age who don't have underlying conditions. I'm expecting to get it towards March 1 because I'm on the fringe of this group- not quite 65 and my conditions wouldn't be prioritized as high as others, but are on the list.

Trumpers or not, I haven't heard of a lot of people refusing to get it. I've heard people hesitating until they see what reactions people have, but not flat out refusing. That said, the doses available will certainly be increasing, especially if more vaccines get approved.
    now I am not saying this is happening everywhere and I posted this earlier in this thread, I know a guy who works in the shipping/receiving department and he was able to get the vaccine and said that they have a major chunk of their supply left because a lot of the hospital staff was opting out of it. I don't know about other facilities but, if that is happening, there will be enough for the public to be able to use.

now I am not saying this is happening everywhere and I posted this earlier in this thread, I know a guy who works in the shipping/receiving department and he was able to get the vaccine and said that they have a major chunk of their supply left because a lot of the hospital staff was opting out of it. I don't know about other facilities but, if that is happening, there will be enough for the public to be able to use.
    yes, but the more that opt out the harder it'll be to actually get rid of this thing

my brother was offered the vaccine just after New Year's....he's a civilian federal employee with somewhat high security on a military base...he originally said no thinking there were more compromised people who should get it....I told him not taking it would just mean one more lower security person on base got it and sure enough, when he asked the next day, his option was gone

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The vaccine is no different than a free market system at this point. Too much demand, not enough supply. You're expecting a lot if you think government systems who already do a piss poor job handling other programs, would do an infinitely better job here.

Here in NY, they are only shipping 250,000 doses a week to a state of 19 million people. Even if there weren't issues with distribution or logistical problems, the demand far exceeds the current supply. Not to mention, these vaccines have a shelf life and states don't want hospitals, clinics, etc to sit on them if they aren't being given. This is going to be a ******** for a while.

Operation Warp Speed was a failure in terms of orchestration as well. Azar predicted a 100 million doses by the end of 2020 in October. That goal post was moved to 20 million by December. There were also funding issues for mass vaccination administration and lack of trained staff to give it out. It was a misfiring on multiple levels.
    So, at the end of the day, you are suggesting that the previous administration was essentially dragging its feet and prevaricating in an effort to set up to discredit the new administration?

But, this is America. That couldn’t happen here, could it?

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast