14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 92.86%
  • No

1 7.14%
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Dr. Fauci said today that those of us that had Covid may be able to get by with just 1 shot. I won't know as I have had 2.
    Better to be safe right?

I didn't have any antibodies left when I got my first shot. I suppose a recently ill person could get by with just 1. As a healthcare worker, I want to be sure that I am as healthy as I can be.

I didn't have any antibodies left when I got my first shot. I suppose a recently ill person could get by with just 1. As a healthcare worker, I want to be sure that I am as healthy as I can be.
    They tested your antigen levels prior to given you the vaccine?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

I donated convalescent plasma all summer and was told by the blood center that my antibodies were no longer sufficient to do anyone any good.
    The antibodies lasted approximately 7 months. I will not say that this is a typical length of time for the antibodies to remain intact, but that is how long mine lasted.

I was issued my CDC vaccination card yesterday.

the state of Iowa sucks when it comes to distributing the vaccine, at least my area anyway. My mom is 64 has diabetes, hbp and, is a cancer survivor and she has called almost everywhere to at least get her name put on a list for the vaccine and she keeps getting told they are doing that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    the state of Iowa sucks when it comes to distributing the vaccine, at least my area anyway. My mom is 64 has diabetes, hbp and, is a cancer survivor and she has called almost everywhere to at least get her name put on a list for the vaccine and she keeps getting told they are doing that yet.
    SD is similar...they appear to be working their way down in age until all 65+ are vaccinated before they start on people with underlying conditions. They did include people on dialysis and those receiving cancer treatment, but otherwise it's age. I'm also 64 with underlying conditions and assume I'll be in the first group AFTER the 65+ are done (they just switched from 70+ to 65+ yesterday).

However, our local health system does at least allow people to sign up on a waiting list.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Where does she live? Send me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Armstrong...79433746305025

4.6 million doses given today. Great to hear!!

Just got back from my second Pfizer shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Just got back from my second Pfizer shot.
    I hope you don't have any reaction from it. Several people I know had some minor side effects from it -- body aches, fever, some cough and shortness of breath. Personally, I had a horrible headache from it. I was fine the next day.

Where does she live? Send me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help.
    a lot of states didn't get to people with underlying conditions under 65 until March...I just got Moderna #1 Thursday, but my group (same as Bum's mom) officially opened March 3 in SD
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I hope you don't have any reaction from it. Several people I know had some minor side effects from it -- body aches, fever, some cough and shortness of breath. Personally, I had a horrible headache from it. I was fine the next day.
    I had some muscle and joint aches for 36 hours or so after my secend Pfizer shot, but nothing that affected my daily activities. No fever. No headache. No other side-effects.

My wife had nothing but a sore spot where she took the shot.

So, the various reactions seem to be all over the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I had some muscle and joint aches for 36 hours or so after my secend Pfizer shot, but nothing that affected my daily activities. No fever. No headache. No other side-effects.

My wife had nothing but a sore spot where she took the shot.

So, the various reactions seem to be all over the board.
    I wonder if the rhetoric sometimes is to scare people off of getting the vaccine. Like okay, so people had some minor side effects. That happens with the flu vaccine and most vaccines in general. At the end of the day is it protecting you from having potentially life threatening symptoms? Oh wait, it is, then stop complaining about having a sore arm or a headache.

I'm glad as more people get the vaccine the stigma is going away, which gives even less credence to these anti- vaxxer idiots. It also allows for more people who are skeptical of the vaccine to have less apprehension about getting it.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-14-2021 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'm glad as more people get the vaccine the stigma is going away, which gives even less credence to these anti- vaxxer idiots. It also allows for more people who are skeptical of the vaccine to have less apprehension about getting it.
    Yup. While I would have liked to have an opportunity to be vaccinated by now, it is kinda nice to see scores of people getting it before me with very minimal significant side effects. I've said from the beginning that I didn't want to be in the very first batch of vaccinated people (or as I called them: beta testers). For better or worse, that wasn't even a choice and months later I still don't have the option to be vaccinated.

At this point, I just have to exercise patience and continue being smart about my social interactions.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast