Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Wil you take the Covid Vaccine

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    13 92.86%
  • No

    1 7.14%
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 744

Thread: Covid Vaccine

  1. #616
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    All depends on what you mean by “effective.” There is definitely evidence that the vaccines may well be “less effective” against some of these variants because the variants possess altered and more resistant protein spikes.

    “The findings, from laboratory-based experiments and published March 4 in Nature Medicine, suggest that COVID-19 drugs and vaccines developed thus far may become less effective as the new variants become dominant, as experts say they inevitably will. The researchers looked at variants from South Africa, the United Kingdom and Brazil.”

    https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/new-...inst-variants/
    The vaccines J&J, Moderna, and Pfizer are all effective at around 95% which's more effective than the vaccine for Chicken Pox.

    What is *reduced effectiveness* in this case? 91% effective? 12% effective?

    Also, the finding is that it MAY BECOME, it just suggests that it could happen, but they don't know if it will. That hardly proves anything.

  2. #617
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    99,523

  3. #618
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    38,194
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Every person admitted to that ER hadn't been vaccinated and that is in lock step with the numbers we're seeing countrywide. I believe it's something like 97% of people admitted with COVID aren't vaccinated.

    Unless there is a medical reason for someone to not get the vaccine (such as being immunocompromised), there is no good reason not to get the vaccine.
    Allergies are a valid reason too.

  4. #619
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,557
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    The vaccines J&J, Moderna, and Pfizer are all effective at around 95% which's more effective than the vaccine for Chicken Pox.

    What is *reduced effectiveness* in this case? 91% effective? 12% effective?

    Also, the finding is that it MAY BECOME, it just suggests that it could happen, but they don't know if it will. That hardly proves anything.
    All of which I said or implied in my post.

    So, WTF’s your point?
    Last edited by Crovash; 05-30-2021 at 03:16 PM.

  5. #620
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    41,512
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    No, they haven't, there isn't any evidence to suggest that the Vaccine isn't effective in protecting you from the Brazilian Variant, or the S.African Variant, or the Indian varrient.
    This isn't remotely true and all it takes is a 10 second Google search to see that.

    https://amp.scmp.com/news/world/euro...otects-against

    That was just written yesterday.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-30-2021 at 03:31 PM.

  6. #621
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    59,721
    Dude has no time for silly things like the truth or facts.

  7. #622
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    41,512
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/anti-vaxx...120803899.html

    How much you want to bet this dude was a diehard Republican or Qnoner?

  8. #623
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    59,721
    Stupid is as stupid does.

  9. #624
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    41,512
    Strains of the flu that have mutated have shown to make the flu vaccine less effective. There's no reason to believe the coronavirus is any different as it continues to mutate. That's why its important to get as many people vaccinated as possible. That's also why they keep pushing for younger and younger people to get the vaccine despite it having significantly less effects on their health as opposed to older or more medically compromised people.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-30-2021 at 05:57 PM.

  10. #625
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    99,523
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  11. #626
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,375
    Good for Gov. Kemp


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #627
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    38,194
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    This isn't remotely true and all it takes is a 10 second Google search to see that.

    https://amp.scmp.com/news/world/euro...otects-against

    That was just written yesterday.
    Not to be difficult but he said "there isn't any evidence ... that the vaccine isn't effective in protecting from .. the Indian variant" ... your link says it IS effective not that it isn't.

  13. #628
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    41,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Not to be difficult but he said "there isn't any evidence ... that the vaccine isn't effective in protecting from .. the Indian variant" ... your link says it IS effective not that it isn't.
    Yes but my point is that as these variants continue to mutate, they disrupt the efficacy of these vaccines which that link shows.

    Where the virus has acquired a partial resistance to the antibodies the vaccine produces raising the chances of someone getting the virus and therefore it being more communicable. Anything that lowers the rate of efficacy and continues to show more resistant strands compromises the whole process. That's why the predominant idea should be how do we get as many vaccines into as many arms as possible.

  14. #629
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    38,194
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yes but my point is that as these variants continue to mutate, they disrupt the efficacy of these vaccines which that link shows.

    Where the virus has acquired a partial resistance to the antibodies the vaccine produces raising the chances of someone getting the virus and therefore it being more communicable. Anything that lowers the rate of efficacy and continues to show more resistant strands compromises the whole process. That's why the predominant idea should be how do we get as many vaccines into as many arms as possible.
    I get the idea, was just pointing out that you were refuting what he said by supporting what he said.

  15. #630
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    41,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I get the idea, was just pointing out that you were refuting what he said by supporting what he said.
    Not really. The vaccine being less effective is because of said variants. If you allow the virus to continue to mutate, it can become more antibody resistant. Yes, the effectiveness is not diminished greatly now but it can be going forward. All the point is that risk incrementally becomes a larger and larger factor as there are more hosts for the virus.

Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •