14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 92.86%
  • No

1 7.14%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I won't be going back into my office. For starters, no one on my team is located in the same office or even state as I am and two I'm too used to not getting on the train every day. I really like my job but I think it would be a sticking point if they forced me to go back into the office at this point. I've gotten a taste of this and I'm not giving it up. Thankfully I work in IT, where you can work remotely from anywhere.
    Yeah for IT it doesn’t make sense. I know a lot of Microsoft people near me are now remote permanently. I could kinda see my company doing that but they’re big on culture. We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get that speed can make it seem scary. But it’s mostly the same process, just expedited and backed with wayyyy more funds and resources to quicken the process.

Hello! I'm new to this forum, I registered especially because of this topic! What's the news today?

Absolutely. I'm not about to catch corona and die a horrible death on an intubator. Anti maskers often like to quote death rates, but i'm not about to be in that small but significant percentage that dies from this, or develops scarred lungs, if I survive.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I get that speed can make it seem scary. But it’s mostly the same process, just expedited and backed with wayyyy more funds and resources to quicken the process.

yeah its backed by that Dolly Parton money

Emergency Use Authorization is likely to be given for Pfizer's, Moderna's and Astra/Zeneca's vaccines. This means they will be allowed to be used.
    https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-b...ines-explained
    These vaccines have all shown over 90% efficacy in trials, but in field-use, they will likely not be that effective. 80%+ is likely, and that is far better than the CDC hoped for. They wanted over 60%.
    We eradicated measles, small pox and polio with vaccines that had lower efficacy in this country.

Shouldn't change distancing and mask mandates. That vaccines won't slow transmission so unless the vaccine is mandatory nationwide you have to keep the precautions in place.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I agree with this. If people continue, or start, wearing masks, this should be the mildest flu season of my nursing career.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I agree with this. If people continue, or start, wearing masks, this should be the mildest flu season of my nursing career.
    lol, yup, I been thinking the same thing about flu numbers probably gonna be dropping.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yeah for IT it doesn’t make sense. I know a lot of Microsoft people near me are now remote permanently. I could kinda see my company doing that but they’re big on culture. We’ll see.

I work at Microsoft and I’d leave the company if they asked me to come back in. Was pleasantly surprised when they announced the permanent wfh policy. Pretty much said just work within 3 hours of where you had been located and you’ll be fine (aka stay in this side of the globe).

This has 10000% been the best thing to come out of COVID.

Yankees Farm System

And yea I’ll definitely get the vaccine and I’ve just gotten over COVID myself.

Fortunately I had a very mild case and didn’t even lose my sense of taste/smell. But I’m also not in a huge risk group so for me it was just about trying to limit who I passed it on to.

Yankees Farm System

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Emergency Use Authorization is likely to be given for Pfizer's, Moderna's and Astra/Zeneca's vaccines. This means they will be allowed to be used.
    https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-b...ines-explained
    These vaccines have all shown over 90% efficacy in trials, but in field-use, they will likely not be that effective. 80%+ is likely, and that is far better than the CDC hoped for. They wanted over 60%.
    We eradicated measles, small pox and polio with vaccines that had lower efficacy in this country.
    That's not true. Those vaccines are above 90 as well.

Also, 90% efficacy for a month does not equal 90% effcicay.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post

correct me if I'm wrong, but the efficacy would increase as more people are vaccinated, would it not?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post

Another statement made just to argue again. I appreciate your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    correct me if I'm wrong, but the efficacy would increase as more people are vaccinated, would it not?
    Not necessarily.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast