Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I wanted a pg as much as anyone but the pgs I wanted weren't in the right places for us to draft any of them. Its just how the draft fell.

IMO the only nba rdy pgs were Ball, Flynn, and Pritchard. Ball should be solid right out then gate, I think Flynn is completely nba ready and will be an immediate leader on the raptors, Pritchard will be a huge liability on defense, but on the Celtics where they play good team ball, and can hide his liabilities a bit, I think he will thrive.

I'm really excited to watch Pritchard and Flynn in the NBA.
    Yeah I wish they opted for one of them instead of Quickley, but I understand the idea of him.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Yeah I wish they opted for one of them instead of Quickley, but I understand the idea of him.
    I liked the quickly pick. I see almost no scenario where he isn't a pretty good player. I don't agree at all that he could of been drafted later.

To many people get gassed up by these mock drafts, and don't see it the way teams see things.

Ball was obviously out of our range. We could of got Flynn or Pritchard, I don't think Pritchard had the same value for us that he has for the Celtics. If we took Flynn at that spot I wouldn't of been mad. But I do think that Quickly has more upside as a pure scorer than Flynn does.

Flynn just looks like that dude who knows how to play ball, knows how to win, knows how to attack a defense, I love his game.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    how many PG's did we pass on in the draft?

And we should have gone hard for Ball, GSW took Wiseman, they would have taken Mitch and #8 I think. Mitch & Haliburton is better than just Wiseman for them.
    I woulda done 8 and Mitch I still donít think the warriors do
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I love Quickley. Think heís gonna be a beast. I did like Terry wish we added him too
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Remember when this guy turned down 70 million?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I think the point was that you guys are so caught up in that one position (understandably so) that youíre willing to reach and overpay although that player ultimately isnít worth it.
    Quickley over Terry was a horrible pick IMO.

Terry is a better prospect and plays a position much more in need.

we shall see. I wasn't willing to overpay FVV, it's not that, it's just prioritizing and we don't seem to be doing that at PG

and picking another PF while leaving all those PGs on the board was a mistake. Even if Obi turns into a 20ppg scorer, he'll be hard pressed to impact games the way a solid PG would for us. you can almost guarantee that there will be 3-5 solid starting PG's picked after Obi when its all said and done.
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 11-22-2020 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I woulda done 8 and Mitch I still donít think the warriors do
    i wouldve done that easily too, and maybe another asset.

i dont think we offered that TBH, there was never any talk of traction with trade talks, and if we offered that it would at least have been a great starting point.

If you're GSW, Mitch & Hali or Nesmith/Vassell is probably better than just Wiseman. especially with the Klay injury.

Good signing. As much as I love Taj Gibson as an elder statesman, Noel is much younger and at $5M is a bargain to back up Mitchell Robinson.

Mitch, Noel, Davis, Obi, Randle

if we only went after a PG as hard as we do bigs
    I agree about PG, but again highly doubt Randle will be here. Davis is here to backup Mitch and Noel is to back up Toppin. Randle should get cut if they canít find a trade match.

Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    I agree about PG, but again highly doubt Randle will be here. Davis is here to backup Mitch and Noel is to back up Toppin. Randle should get cut if they canít find a trade match.
    Noel is a C, especially in today's game, if we play him at PF that would be typical lolknicks.

we may not have a choice with Randle, i doubt there's much interest for him and we shouldn't be attaching assets to him. unless we just waive him/?

Actually you could do this even for a starting lineup starting 5

PG- DSJ
    SG- Burks or Ellington
    SF- RJ Barrett
    PF- Obi Toppin
    C- Julius Randle

Noel can come off the bench with the 2nd unit

Quickley over Terry was a horrible pick IMO.

Terry is a better prospect and plays a position much more in need.

we shall see. I wasn't willing to overpay FVV, it's not that, it's just prioritizing and we don't seem to be doing that at PG

and picking another PF while leaving all those PGs on the board was a mistake. Even if Obi turns into a 20ppg scorer, he'll be hard pressed to impact games the way a solid PG would for us. you can almost guarantee that there will be 3-5 solid starting PG's picked after Obi when its all said and done.
    Who should the team of picked?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Actually you could do this even for a starting lineup starting 5

PG- DSJ
    SG- Burks or Ellington
    SF- RJ Barrett
    PF- Obi Toppin
    C- Julius Randle

Noel can come off the bench with the 2nd unit
    Where's Mitch?
    Ellington is not on the team right now

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Who should the team of picked?

we had 8/25/33.

I think a combination of Vassell, Nesmith or Hali, Terry or Bane, and Nico or Theo or Bey... would have given us a much more flexible roster with much more shooting.

Vassell/Terry/Theo is probably how I would have gone. defense, shooting, versatility and IQ all around.

Devin Dotson would have been a solid pickup as well instead of Myles. Dotson reminds me of Devon Graham a bit.

I do like Noel as a player, again as usual it's more of a fit issue here. Unless we are opening up the possibility of moving Mitch for a PG.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast