Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    AND STILL, the number one point guard on the Knicks remains, Elfrid Payton
    Which is still sad but I think IQ has a chance to surpass him by midseason. But it's clear Elf is a lot better then Ntilikina and DSJ by far.

Give Payton some credit, he knows he can't shoot but he's found a way to get buckets in the paint at least. He's actually really good around the basket picking off gimme layups and floaters in the halfcourt.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Give Payton some credit, he knows he can't shoot but he's found a way to get buckets in the paint at least. He's actually really good around the basket picking off gimme layups and floaters in the halfcourt.
    if you lay way off him heíll drive it down your throat. I think the threat of Payton coming at the paint with a head of steam provides more spacing then DSJ and Frank have when they play the point. It a different ball game with Quickly though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Uh, if we drafted Hali we would've never re-signed Elf. Remember, he was a last minute addition. Btw, Quick can't hold a candle to Hali so lets not go there.

Btw, I'm guessing most of you NOW see that even if you can't create for yourself (Quickley), you can still have big value.
    we would have signed Payton I feel. But anyway things are way better then we all anticipated. Things are looking bright.

The thing is, the Knicks' offense is built around Elfrid Payton dishing off to Julius Randle. That is the Knick bread and butter. It accounts for over 30% of the Knick plays. Payton is horrific when it comes to getting RJ Barrett good looks and where the sweet spot is. Also teams are not afraid of Payton's offense. Payton is not going to overpower anyone on offense. He's a serviceable veteran distributor.

Still say he is the endorsed tank commander.

Good teams tanking this season.

There are several good teams, play off teams below the playoff thresholds presently like Toronto and Denver. Several other teams like the Wizards with Westbrook and Beal who are underperforming and Houston as well. Could it be they figure in a short season with no fans in the stands it may be perfect to take a shot at a top pick ? By now some of those teams should be getting better, just wondering ? To me that underscores the crop of top talent available in the top of the lottery. I am not arguing the Knicks should try to tank, we wonít have enough depth, talent, or fortune to make it to the playoffs compared to other teams unless they are tanking.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678