Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Yup I’m fine with this. Force them to bench him by stepping up and outplaying him, no more excuses this is it.
    Yeah and I know people that know 0 about Quickley think there’s no shot he contributes this year but I think he’s gonna have a role right away. I hope we deal randle and smith
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I ****ing hate Scott Perry for this, what’s the point of signing Payton? He’ll take minutes away from Frank, which is stupid.

“he’s blocking Frank”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I’m surprised so many people are “fine with this”. Are you ready to watch Payton and Randle completely suck the life out of the team?

Payton is 100% bad for RJ’s development and every other ball handler on the team. Yes, he is blocking Frank, DSJ, Quickley, RJ because he LOVES to dribble the crap out of the ball and he can’t shoot to save his life.

My problem with Payton is not him as a player, it’s his style of play and fit with how this roster is currently constructed. The fact that we re-signed him leads me to believe that the current FO group is just as clueless as Mills and Co. Did they not see how detrimental Payton and Randle were to our development last year?

RJ even came out and said he liked playing with Frank, I wonder why.

Knicks Re-Sign Elfrid Payton 1 year $5M

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    I’m surprised so many people are “fine with this”. Are you ready to watch Payton and Randle completely suck the life out of the team?
    What life? He was only competent PG on the team last year. I was hoping we’d bring in Augustine or some one that can shoot the ball a little to replace him but Frank can’t play PG and DSJ has been terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What life? He was only competent PG on the team last year. I was hoping we’d bring in Augustine or some one that can shoot the ball a little to replace him but Frank can’t play PG and DSJ has been terrible.

Did you not watch the games? He constantly looked RJ off. We’re already tanking with this roster, do it right and develop the kids no matter how bad it may look at times. Payton was always taking the ball out of the hands of Frank, RJ, and everyone else on the team last year. It was the Payton and Randle show, buddy ball, **** that and **** Scott Perry for bringing him back.

Knicks Re-Sign Elfrid Payton 1 year $5M

Did you not watch the games? He constantly looked RJ off. We’re already tanking with this roster, do it right and develop the kids no matter how bad it may look at times. Payton was always taking the ball out of the hands of Frank, RJ, and everyone else on the team last year. It was the Payton and Randle show, buddy ball, **** that and **** Scott Perry for bringing him back.
    Yes I saw us score 80 points a night for a month when he was hurt. I saw a team that had to send the front office out to apologize for how bad the team was playing.

Payton isn’t a starting quality PG but he’s just better then the guys we have. These conspiracy theories are nuts. If he froze out RJ he wouldn’t be on the team. He’s an unselfish guy that plays hard everyday. He’s just lacking in some skill. If Frank or DSJ show anything at the spot they will get mins there
    Last edited by ewing; 11-21-2020 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    “he’s blocking Frank”
    Definitely

Yeah, I sure am glad that a player who is not in our long-term plans can come take playing time away from our “building blocks”. All Payton and Randle did last year was pad their stats and play buddy ball.

You can say what you want, last year the FO wanted to compete. We had coaches in Fizdale and Miller who were playing the vets and fighting for their jobs. The organization as a whole was a disaster and the signings they made were a disaster from day 1 because the roster did not fit at all.

New FO, new coach, new direction, going younger, then why the **** are we signing someone on a 1 year deal to come take minutes and the ball out of the hands of people that we need to give looks and time to see what we actually have? At this point, I hope Frank ends up leaving and goes on to become a star with another team, **** Scott Perry.

Yeah, I sure am glad that a player who is not in our long-term plans can come take playing time away from our “building blocks”. All Payton and Randle did last year was pad their stats and play buddy ball.

You can say what you want, last year the FO wanted to compete. We had coaches in Fizdale and Miller who were playing the vets and fighting for their jobs. The organization as a whole was a disaster and the signings they made were a disaster from day 1 because the roster did not fit at all.

New FO, new coach, new direction, going younger, then why the **** are we signing someone on a 1 year deal to come take minutes and the ball out of the hands of people that we need to give looks and time to see what we actually have? At this point, I hope Frank ends up leaving and goes on to become a star with another team, **** Scott Perry.
    Chill bro if they play good we could get some picks especially Randle

They are definitely not hurting the tank

Yeah I wish we fired Perry along with Mills.

This team just can’t do things right even when they try. We should have at least brought in someone else instead. Give us a new face.

losing faith in this new regime already.

draft Another PF that can't shoot or defend, don't draft a PG, and now Payton back? And Randle still on the roster...

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    losing faith in this new regime already.

draft Another PF that can't shoot or defend, don't draft a PG, and now Payton back? And Randle still on the roster...
    Sadly I’m there too. I was making my peace with the Toppin pick but now bringing Payton back, Perry has to go man. Cut the umbilical cord and throw him in the trash.

His game is so ugly. At least sign Rondo? Same old knicks, we will be a lottery team for sure. But don't play him a bunch of minutes just to take away time from Frank? Doesn't makes sense. Do we want to actually develop our young players? Knicks act like they want to win just to end up winning 30 games and end up with a 7-9 first round pick. No wonder why free agents never want to sign with us..

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast