Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thibs

Thibs

I think we need a running Thibs thread. What has changed? What do you like? What do you not like? Here are some stats to start

https://twitter.com/shwinnypooh/stat...734459392?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Thanks Ewing, was thinking the same thing, and he was actually my second choice, I had to stick to my LI roots and go with the St Anthony product lol....

thibs has impressed so much, you can see each player that has returned has a different attitude and playing harder. I love they all start out we are going to play defense or sit, and we've seen Randle, DSJ, Knox playing defense, nothing like last year.

So far so good for me, he keep Randle playing all star material ball, well that would be a huge + on his resume.

Hey Frank hit all 4 three's , I want to see a duplicate of that tonight against Cleveland.

You even have to love how he is utilizing Burks, this guy will either be a keeper or net us a first the way he's going.

Payton just went from his worse game of his career to one of his best, so will he keep playing good basketball?

I still want to see how he handles the roster when Rivers and IQ and DSJ (since he has played him) all return.

Yeah way early but it feels like we have a real coach. A good coach. Miller seemed like a big improvement over Fizdale and now this feels like two steps forward at least. For those who like to tank I believe Thibs is real bad news for you.

Good coach, no doubt about it. Right choice for us, we’ll see

I love that Thibs keeps them accountable based on their effort more than performance. And he rewards players who put in effort and disciplines ones who don't. Unlike the past few years, he won't allow people to just play selfish me ball

Quote Originally Posted by Knick Danger View Post
    Yeah way early but it feels like we have a real coach. A good coach. Miller seemed like a big improvement over Fizdale and now this feels like two steps forward at least. For those who like to tank I believe Thibs is real bad news for you.
    Tanking in NBA is so dumb in my opinion since it is lottery

It's early. Four games into the season, the Knicks have piled up enough injuries to the point where they can only suit up 8 players total.

The good news is the Knicks are .500 which is an achievement in itself.

But as injuries take its toll, we'll see if the love for Thibs continues.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Tanking in NBA is so dumb in my opinion since it is lottery
    Should try to win when in the position to win, but if your out of it, then lose.

he was my top choice and now you guys are seeing why

Good call on this thread.

Here are my top 5 favorite things about Thibs:
    #1.) Rotation - Short and sweet
    #2.) Defense - could still be better but clearly improving
    #3.) Shot selection - get in paint or hit a 3
    #4.) Player development - Randle/RJ/Knox/Mitch all look much better than last season
    #5.) Accountability - Players that are playing great will get minutes and players that are making mistakes or playing poorly will fall out of the rotation.

So far I couldn't be happier with Thibs.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Should try to win when in the position to win, but if your out of it, then lose.
    I disagree. The point is to make improvements as a team and get better. And if doing so equals winning even if you're playing for nothing, you should win. I truly believe tanking stunts player development as it gets your young guys into bad habits

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Good call on this thread.

Here are my top 5 favorite things about Thibs:
    #1.) Rotation - Short and sweet
    #2.) Defense - could still be better but clearly improving
    #3.) Shot selection - get in paint or hit a 3
    #4.) Player development - Randle/RJ/Knox/Mitch all look much better than last season
    #5.) Accountability - Players that are playing great will get minutes and players that are making mistakes or playing poorly will fall out of the rotation.

So far I couldn't be happier with Thibs.
    I actually think Mitch has looked worst but the team overall has looked better. But that's also cause last year Mitch gets a lot of points in garbage time cause we suck so bad anyways

I actually think Mitch has looked worst but the team overall has looked better. But that's also cause last year Mitch gets a lot of points in garbage time cause we suck so bad anyways
    Mitch has arguably been our second best player. It's close between him and Burks.

His fouls per 36 minutes:

rookie season = 5.7 fouls

last season = 4.9 fouls

this season = 3.9 fouls

The guy will always be a great rim runner / shot blocker and good rebounder. His biggest issue by far was staying on the court and I watch his fouls like a hawk. To be honest he's had some bad calls made against him. Right now he's averaging 28 minutes per game. He played over 30 minutes per game only 4x last year. He's played +30 minutes in each of the last two games (two wins). I'm thrilled my friend.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think we need a running Thibs thread. What has changed? What do you like? What do you not like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For, me, there is not much to dislike. He is patient with the young guys, allowing a defensive system to evolve in a place where we haven't seen defense since Oakley played here, and obviously creating a locker room that geta along. The fact that Elfrid Payton was brutal then rewarded with confidence from Thibs shows me all I want to see at this juncture. It's nice to finally have a Coach that seems unfazed by a second have collapse against the Pacers, and who fist bumps the sky when Randle hits an off balance three. I am completely satisfied with the direction we are headed. That all starts with Coach and the front office. Better than watching Westbrook or Harden making 40 million to throw up 35 shots a night.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast