Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

GT#9 OKC Thunder (3-4) @ the Mecca w/ most Sanctified Knicks (5-3)

The Mecca may be silent but the talk of the town is a budding Knick revival that may have come sooner than expect.

1. The Veterans are stepping up: Payton to Randle accounts for 30% of the Knick plays. At some point, it may change but for now, it's the money

2. The kids bounce back: This is important in the case of RJ Barrett. Young guys are going to have to expect, they're going to have bad shooting games but what's important, and bounce back from a bad game.

3. The right mix: Thibs has the right balance on this time, and now the players have defined roles without preventing the kids from growing.

4. The Bench: Good shooting on the bench has really picked up this team.

Gonna be a helluva ride.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 01-08-2021 at 03:23 AM.

Knicks Injury Report:

OUT
    Alec Burks
    Obi Toppin
    Frank Ntilikina

QUESTIONABLE
    Nerlens Noel

PROBABLE
    Reggie Bullock
    Kevin Knox

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

With so much reliance on Mitchell Robinson, Taj Gibson will be a welcome sight.

Wonder how long before Taj gets some action.

This would be such a typical let down game. Winning this one would be another good sign. Iíd like not to fall behind by 15 tonight.

Im nervous for this game. After a win against a good team, we've always somehow lose to a bad one next night.

It's funny that we've gotten to the point where we actually have trap games. This is a trap game. Hopefully we come out strong.

I don't think Knicks are in any position after 8 games to call anything a trap game? And the way the NBA games are going this year, no one has trap games, it's been crazy.
    I mean Nets beat Philly without both Kyrie and Durant? And Dunwoody? Philly looked like g league players last night, they need Curry to play or they are in deep crap

Could be a trap game but I think, the consistency of the Knicks' vets is what keeps the Knicks in the game even when the kids are having a horribly off game. The Knicks had every reason to lose last game but they won thanks to the veterans.

I really think Austin Rivers coming off the bench is a huge game changer. Just imagine when Burks is back?

This allows the kids to have a margin of error.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Could be a trap game but I think, the consistency of the Knicks' vets is what keeps the Knicks in the game even when the kids are having a horribly off game. The Knicks had every reason to lose last game but they won thanks to the veterans.

I really think Austin Rivers coming off the bench is a huge game changer. Just imagine when Burks is back?

This allows the kids to have a margin of error.
    Rivers has huge nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

OKC beat NO last game how is this a trap game? They beat Orlando 2 games ago, I don't get the trap game scenario? we are not elite, we are not even proven, not after 8 games, we get to far ahead of ourselves.

Dort, Muscala, and Heill all shoot around 45% from three and shoot combined 15.1 per and SGA is no slouch

Mitch on Horford he will have to cover the 3.

Knicks just need to continue what they are doing, playing hard and unselfish BB, the rest will take care of itself

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    OKC beat NO last game how is this a trap game? They beat Orlando 2 games ago, I don't get the trap game scenario? we are not elite, we are not even proven, not after 8 games, we get to far ahead of ourselves.

Dort, Muscala, and Heill all shoot around 45% from three and shoot combined 15.1 per and SGA is no slouch

Mitch on Horford he will have to cover the 3.

Knicks just need to continue what they are doing, playing hard and unselfish BB, the rest will take care of itself
    It's a trap game because we're 5-3 and off to a hot start, and they're 3-4 and have one of the worst net ratings and point differentials in the league. It's a game we should win.

But it's really not that deep. No need for multiple posts on what is or isn't a trap game.

Man when will Obi be back

Knicks just won 3 straight against legit playoff teams. This is a game against a non playoff team at home. Easy trap game.

Noel now Probable....

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast