Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/st...740306434?s=21

The Cs never had interest in helping the Pacers by taking on Turner and his contract. Cs wanted wing players. Seems sort of silly for Indy to not want to give up role players for Hayward. Hayward is a much better player than both of those guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're not saying anything new.

We know that Warren and Holiday alone don't make nearly enough salary to match Hayward. So by default it still comes back to wanting Turner + Warren for Hayward... attempted rape.

so you dont give kemba the max but you toss 30 a year at trash hayward? jordan is the gift that keeps on giving

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post

We know that Warren and Holiday alone don't make nearly enough salary to match Hayward. So by default it still comes back to wanting Turner + Warren for Hayward... attempted rape.
    yup its just ainge being ainge... he will never make a deal unless its a 100 pct win...dude has no balls.

Hayward to CHA (4 years, $120M)

Cs were never interested in helping Indy dump Turner and then getting scraps. If they were taking on Turners contract they rightfully asked for something good from the Pacers.

Last edited by PAOboston; 11-21-2020 at 09:41 PM.

Cs were never interested in helping Indy dump Turner.

LOL @ you thinking Turner is a contract they're looking to "dump". Stop sipping the homer kool-aid for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    No but how much would it have costed to move him for $20M worth of bums' salary? That would have created the room to sign Hayward without having to push money into out years.

I liked this deal for them because they were gonna have like $30M in caps pace next year still. Lots of flexibility even with Hayward's deal. But now a third of that is gone because of how they made the room this year. Definitely makes me like it less for them.
    I understand what youre saying and its fair enough but probably very difficult to do.

Id rather have 3 low cost bums than a 27 million dollar bum that can barely crack a 8 man rotation. Now if a team wants to take on that expiring contract then Im with you, they should have entertained that. maybe they did kick the tires and no one was taking the bait.

LOL @ you thinking Turner is a contract they're looking to "dump". Stop sipping the homer kool-aid for a moment.
    Not a homer. Turner is a nice player but not for $19 mil per. He has three years left and Indy signed Sabonis long term to play C (who’s a better player and who plays the same position as Turner). If Cs were to take on the three years, they wanted some better than some slop filler like McDermott to match salaries.

Hayward to CHA (4 years, $120M)

https://twitter.com/adamhimmelsbach/...344022528?s=10

It would be pretty awesome if Cs got a huge trade exception and went after Bogdanovic.

Last edited by PAOboston; 11-21-2020 at 09:57 PM.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

LOL to all of this.

Not a homer. Turner is a nice player but not for $19 mil per. He has three years left and Indy signed Sabonis long term to play C (who’s a better player and who plays the same position as Turner). If Cs were to take on the three years, they wanted some better than some slop filler like McDermott to match salaries.

Turner is one of the best shot blockers in the league. Def not a salary dump. And while his contract isnt the most desirable, its not gross either. Dudes only 24, I think he would've been an amazing fit for Boston and a great fit for their window. I dont think his 19 mill a year contract was a deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Turner is one of the best shot blockers in the league. Def not a salary dump. And while his contract isnt the most desirable, its not gross either. Dudes only 24, I think he would've been an amazing fit for Boston and a great fit for their window. I dont think his 19 mill a year contract was a deal breaker.
    I agree with you. I loved the idea of Turner and valued him highly. I legitimately would have given them Nesmith who we just took at #14 in the S&T for Turner if that's what it took. At the same time, I see the flaws. He seems too timid/soft to keep up his great defense against the elite bigs. His shooting is timid too so he makes an occasional three but he doesn't really space the floor. There's a little "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" to him. I just think he's been misused in IND and asked to cover for weak defenders like Sabonis/Warren. I think in Boston he'd break out. So I value him more for what I think he'd be here than what he has been.

It's definitely possible that Ainge just doesn't like him that much. We just signed TT for the MLE. Turner makes twice that and we'd have to take back some extra salary that isn't desirable to make the deal work for IND on top of that. I just don't find it absurd that he prefers TT and some scrap heap vet signings to more expensive Turner and more expensive scrap heap players. It's not beyond belief to me. I just like Turner a loooooooot.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I
    It's definitely possible that Ainge just doesn't like him that much. We just signed TT for the MLE. Turner makes twice that and we'd have to take back some extra salary that isn't desirable to make the deal work for IND on top of that. I just don't find it absurd that he prefers TT and some scrap heap vet signings to more expensive Turner and more expensive scrap heap players. It's not beyond belief to me. I just like Turner a loooooooot.
    This is sort of my point. I understand losing a talented player for nothing hurts but trading for the sake of getting players that Ainge believes are not good fits and/or not good values just to not lose a player for nothing seems like not a great business move if you then have to either pigeon hole them into your rotation or try to figure out a way to offload them for something else without harming your cap flexibility in regards to the luxury tax.

Funny how now that the deal fell through, the Celtics "never wanted" Turner, but they went out and signed Tristan Thompson now that they can't get him.

So is McDermott really the problem or is Turner the problem? You seem confused.

And the $18M (not 19) a season is not a bad contract by even the wildest stretch of your imagination.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast