Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    CHA still needs to create cap space. Batum + picks to the Knicks for Randle makes sense. The Knicks take on extra salary this year but they have cap for it. And they shed Randle's partial guarantee next year while getting picks.

If that does happen I'd love Boston to jump in and pay the pick part to generate the TPE. We signed Kemba via S&T last year which allowed CHA to pay Rozier, so there's a history of Ainge/Jordan working together on that.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quick look at CHA's cap sheet. Even with Hayward signing, they still project to have max cap space next year. I have them with $37M less roster space and draft pick cap holds. So I guess a little bit of maneuvering to do, but not that much.

Ball / Graham / Hayward / Zeller
    Rozier / Monk / Batum / ??? / ???

Is not a bad start to the rotation at all. I think they can definitely establish some momentum as a team to maybe sign some solid FAs next year. Maybe not a max guy but some good quality players.

They're not a Philly market will fans will keep paying to see a Hinkie type tank job. That's not an option for every franchise so sometimes you need to try things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    He for sure had this deal on the table before he opted out.
    Itís the same thing that happened with Horford. He wouldnít have opted out of his deal if he didnít know he had a mega offer on the table. It sucks to lose him cause heís a good player but I mean, good for him. 4 years guaranteed too. Ultimate security for him in a small market with no media scrutiny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Quick look at CHA's cap sheet. Even with Hayward signing, they still project to have max cap space next year. I have them with $37M less roster space and draft pick cap holds. So I guess a little bit of maneuvering to do, but not that much.

Is not a bad start to the rotation at all. I think they can definitely establish some momentum as a team to maybe sign some solid FAs next year. Maybe not a max guy but some good quality players.

They're not a Philly market will fans will keep paying to see a Hinkie type tank job. That's not an option for every franchise so sometimes you need to try things like this.
    Left out PJ Washington at PF.

Maybe they get Whiteside at C.

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    Donít think Ainge ever wanted Turner tbh. And it didnít matter in the end because Charlotte legit gave Hayward $120 mil. Money talks.

Why would he not want Turner?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

CHA still needs to create cap space. Batum + picks to the Knicks for Randle makes sense. The Knicks take on extra salary this year but they have cap for it. And they shed Randle's partial guarantee next year while getting picks.

If that does happen I'd love Boston to jump in and pay the pick part to generate the TPE. We signed Kemba via S&T last year which allowed CHA to pay Rozier, so there's a history of Ainge/Jordan working together on that.
    Iíd make that deal if I was NY

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Why would he not want Turner?

Because the Cs really donít put a premium on paying/playing big men. Their bigs play like 20-25 mins a night. $18 mil for 20 mins a night is a lot. I donít think Turner is really a game changer. Heís a nice player but has limitations.

Also, we never know why was on the table from Indy or if Indy ever agreed to give Hayward $120 mil. Clearly, Hayward chose the money in Charlotte so Indy was not offering anything close to that.

I was thinking that too. Tho the pick would be very protected. Or multiple 2nds.

Graham
    Ball
    Hayward
    PJ
    Zeller

With Rozier, Monk, Bridges and Randell off the bench. Looks like a 7-8 seed and a versatile group of players
    Last edited by TrueFan420; 11-21-2020 at 03:33 PM.

Hayward is not the player he was in Utah, and with his injury history I don't think this is a good deal for Charlotte.

Yikes. Charlotte is waiving Batum to make space for the deal. Thts going to cost them 9 mil in dead cap space each year for the next three years. So basically Hayward is costing them $39 mil per for the next three years. Wowzers.

Yikes. Charlotte is waiving Batum to make space for the deal. Thts going to cost them 9 mil in dead cap space each year for the next three years. So basically Hayward is costing them $39 mil per for the next three years. Wowzers.

Wow, surprised they couldnít find a taker.

With his age and injury history, wow.

MJ has a thing for overpaying former Celtics players.

So apparently their move is to stretch and waive last year of Batum. That makes the room this year but pushes $9M of cap space into each of the next two. Changes their cap space equation.

Would have liked this a looooooooot more for them if they didn't do that. Hurting the future cap space like this seems questionable IMO.

They're still going to be a cheap team (from a payroll perspective) and likely in the hunt for a playoff birth. That's exactly what Jordan is after.

https://twitter.com/zachlowe_nba/sta...633301508?s=21

So this puts all the Indy rumors to rest. Sounds like Charlotte had that deal out there for Hayward all along.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast