Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hayward to CHA (4 years, $120M)

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

CHA has about $19M in cap space I've read. A Hayward deal for this much starts at just under $28M. So imagine some type of deal is happening with Rozier, Zeller or Batum.

Ouch ainge probably crying missing out on Turner lmao.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

OOOOUUUUUFFFFFFFFfff

Well done by Hayward though, got a huge contract. I thought he would be looking at around 16-20 mill/year, but after Morris got that, I should've known that he'd get more

Should be interesting to see, now that he's back to probably being either the 1 or a 1a/1b option in Charlotte. Maybe (Hopefully) he can get back to where he was before the injury.
    Last edited by Cal827; 11-21-2020 at 02:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post

Ainge tried to play hard ball, swung & missed.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Donít think Ainge ever wanted Turner tbh. And it didnít matter in the end because Charlotte legit gave Hayward $120 mil. Money talks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    Donít think Ainge ever wanted Turner tbh. And it didnít matter in the end because Charlotte legit gave Hayward $120 mil. Money talks.

Why would he not want Turner?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Why would he not want Turner?

Because the Cs really donít put a premium on paying/playing big men. Their bigs play like 20-25 mins a night. $18 mil for 20 mins a night is a lot. I donít think Turner is really a game changer. Heís a nice player but has limitations.

Also, we never know why was on the table from Indy or if Indy ever agreed to give Hayward $120 mil. Clearly, Hayward chose the money in Charlotte so Indy was not offering anything close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post

All indications are that the Celtics targeted Turner, and that Indy was Hayward's first choice. The reported offer was 4yr, $100M, Indy would send Turner and McDermott. Ainge wanted Turner and either Warren or Oladipo. If he was going to take the Charlotte offer because it was higher, he would have done so as soon as he opted out. There would have been no reason to wait on Boston to try and get something done.

Ainge overvalued his ability to facilitate an Indy deal and got nothing as a result. This is absolute worst case scenario for Boston concerning Hayward.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    All indications are that the Celtics targeted Turner, and that Indy was Hayward's first choice. The reported offer was 4yr, $100M, Indy would send Turner and McDermott. Ainge wanted Turner and either Warren or Oladipo. If he was going to take the Charlotte offer because it was higher, he would have done so as soon as he opted out. There would have been no reason to wait on Boston to try and get something done.

Ainge overvalued his ability to facilitate an Indy deal and got nothing as a result. This is absolute worst case scenario for Boston concerning Hayward.
    FWIW, Turner's name has been tossed around for like a year now. The BOS guys have always said that they don't think the team likes him. I would have LOVED to get Turner because I think he's poised for a breakout if he plays with other good defenders where his greatness can shine vs covering for Sabonis/Warren. I do think he gets a little overrated on both ends.

His shooting looks nice in the box score, but he doesn't take high volume and the ones he does take are usually wide open looks. To me, there's a difference between "spacing the floor" and "hitting an occasional three". People give Turner credit for spacing the floor but I don't think he really does. I don't think he desmand much defensive attention out there. He just knocks in a three every now and then when he's open - still more than most centers so definitely valuable, but I think it gets a little overstated.

On defense, I think he's great overall. Can defend inside or on the perimeter. I do think he's a little timid though and seems to struggle to match up with the truly elite bigs. Everyone does - that's why they're elite bigs. But it seems like his 1-on-1, Mano y Mano defense is a little lacking compared to his great overall team defensive play. And that's kind of the boat we're in with Theis. So while Turner helps and is an upgrade, I'm not sure he "solves" our issues defending bigs because it's those 1-on-1 elite matchups we need help with. We're already good at everything else.

IND has never been a team to pay the luxury tax and they weren't going to be able to give Hayward a competitive offer while avoiding the tax without sending back salary on top of Turner. None of Lamb (probably trash next year based on that injury recovery timeline), Leaf (waste of salary) or McDermott (can't defend enough to be in a playoff rotation) are much value.

In the end, I think it's definitely possible that Ainge looked at $25-30M it would have taken for Turner's own salary and the "filler" IND was sending back to make it work on their end as not worth it vs just adding a MLE guy. And that's not even to mention our own tax/salary situation.

Hayward to CHA (4 years, $120M)

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post

I guess we donít really no the order of events here.

Iím under the impression Hayward had the CHA from the get go and was trying to see if any way Indy would match to see if he could go back home to Indy. Zach Lowe said his sources told him that Jordan called Hayward late last night to get his to seal the deal which means there was an offer already on the table.

I donít think the Cs were eager to take on the 3 years of Turner and then whatever slop Indy would potentially offer to make the deal work. Donít think Ainge has any interest in making a conference rival better all the while hurting his own salary cap long term unless it made sense.

Once Indy didnít match the $120 mil, Hayward moved on and rightfully took the money and the guaranteed 4 years from CHA. He wasnít going to pass on $20 mil just to go home after the injury history he had.

Hayward was in the driving seat the entire time the moment he opted out. He knew he had the godfather CHA deal in his back pocket regardless of what happened.

At least thatís my take.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Luckily with Ainge we know he'll leak all the details haha

Honestly it could be that as much as Hayward wanted IND he wasn't taking less. And IND might not have been willing to give him this much money unless they were sending out enough to offset it. And that might have been more than Ainge could approval from ownership to take back for Myles Turner since the IND offer was presumably Turner + overpaid bench fodder as opposed to pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post

I think Ainge is happy as hell that he got out of paying Hayward 34 million this year, and is probably laughing his *** off at Charlotte right now.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I think Ainge is happy as hell that he got out of paying Hayward 34 million this year, and is probably laughing his *** off at Charlotte right now.
    I think he's definitely happy to be avoiding the tax. That should pay off down the line.

There's definitely the chance he F'd up BIG TIME here.

If Hayward always had this offer in his back pocket then there's nothing you can really do. Unless he was willing to take like $20M less to play in IND, a S&T just wasn't really feasible. Maybe he would have been willing to do that, but he did already sign an offer sheet in CHA before so it's not like it's a place he wouldn't want to live.

Where Ainge might have ****ed up is if Hayward was willing to take the IND deal but while they were going back and forth on the S&T CHA found this money after Trez signed with LAL for less than their offers. In that case not being quick and direct on the S&T with IND could have cost them Turner, who would be an awesome fit here.

Repeat of 2014!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast