Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    lol hornets. thats all i have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    These teams never cease to amaze me.

It's like Batum, Hayward, and Parsons are all the same player. And teams keep doing the same thing.

The player underwhelmed on their last huge contract and was injury prone....but hey, let's sign them to an even bigger contract on a new team now that they're older and see if it changes his production.
    Parsons and Hayward are really good comparisons!

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Conversely Haywardís injury was a traumatic acute injury where Parsons was a degenerative time injury. (Broken bone vs arthritic knee)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHA had a top 3 pick because of lottery luck. They were 9th in the East last year. Is CHA a FA destination?

I understand itís a lot of money, but realistically speaking, what would everyone hereís plan be for them? They donít seem in position to bottom out and tank. They donít seem to have much hope to sign bigger FAs than this.

I like this move for them honestly. If instead of stretching Batum they can clear the money by moving Roziers 2 year deal for an expiring and less money this year (leverage Boston to pay some/all of the cost for a TPE) then I LOVE this for them. That sets them up to be able to make another signing like this next year. And that seems the most viable path for me to CHA becoming a playoff team.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Conversely Haywardís injury was a traumatic acute injury where Parsons was a degenerative time injury. (Broken bone vs arthritic knee)

This. People way overreact to Hayward injuries in Boston, I get it, there were a lot. It sucked he missed so much games. Total waste and flop of a signing for us.

But none of the injuries he had are things that really impact him going forward imo. He already established a high baseline performance this year. People will appreciate it more in CHA now that itís a more featured role that gets counting stats,
    But he was great for us last year. Everything else is just fluky injuries that heal. I donít see any heightened risk for him due to injury. Just the normal standard anyone can get hurt type of risk. Doesnít appear to be anything you worry about lingering.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    This. People way overreact to Hayward injuries in Boston, I get it, there were a lot. It sucked he missed so much games. Total waste and flop of a signing for us.

But none of the injuries he had are things that really impact him going forward imo. He already established a high baseline performance this year. People will appreciate it more in CHA now that itís a more featured role that gets counting stats,
    But he was great for us last year. Everything else is just fluky injuries that heal. I donít see any heightened risk for him due to injury. Just the normal standard anyone can get hurt type of risk. Doesnít appear to be anything you worry about lingering.
    Yea. Paul George gets the label. Ben and Joel got it right away due to bone fractures. People need to stop calling acute traumatic injuries ďinjury proneĒ or an ďinjury riskĒ.

Seems like they are still trying to do a sign and trade for this?

Maybe with a 3rd team so Boston doesnít have to take Batum back?

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    They are not. Parsons was never as good as Hayward to begin with but their injuries were drastically different. Hayward has definitely been snake bitten with this crazy freak injuries the past couple of seasons but they were all different and non related. Parsons were are related basically to the same issue.

Hayward still put up great numbers this years. If he was on any other team as a first or second option, had likely would of put up all star caliber stats like he likely will in Charlotte. Hayward is still a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Regardless, two things have happened.

1) Barring convincing Charlotte to sign and trade for Hayward, Boston lost their asset for nothing. I see very little reason for Charlotte to do this unless Boston wants to take back Batum.

2) The market for centers has dried up, and Indy needs to figure out what to do with Turner. They really should have pursued a backup plan since Ainge deals are known to fall through.
    In order for Charlotte to sign Hayward outright, they need to somehow dump like $8 mil in salary. They said they were going to stretch Batum to make the space but that would result in ina. Dead cap hit of $9 mil per for the next three years which CHA sounds like it would like to avoid. So it makes sense for both side to try and work something to help each other out.

CHA/BOS have good history. They worked out double S & T last year for Kemba/Rozier deals and MJ and Wyc Grousbeck are business partners in a tequila company together. Donít think there is bad blood there like with Indy for example.

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    In order for Charlotte to sign Hayward outright, they need to somehow dump like $8 mil in salary. They said they were going to stretch Batum to make the space but that would result in ina. Dead cap hit of $9 mil per for the next three years which CHA sounds like it would like to avoid. So it makes sense for both side to try and work something to help each other out.

CHA/BOS have good history. They worked out double S & T last year for Kemba/Rozier deals and MJ and Wyc Grousbeck are business partners in a tequila company together. Donít think there is bad blood there like with Indy for example.

What bad blood? Kevin Pritchard was a Celtic and Larry Bird is a consultant.

What bad blood? Kevin Pritchard was a Celtic and Larry Bird is a consultant.
    Paul George talks turned ugly if I remember correctly. I really hope for that Ainge and Pritchard are above holding grudges.

Ainge has traded with Pat Riley before and they hate each otherís guts lol

Paul George talks turned ugly if I remember correctly. I really hope for that Ainge and Pritchard are above holding grudges.

Ainge has traded with Pat Riley before and they hate each otherís guts lol
    Maybe from the Celtics perspective? The only team that the Pacers have any sort of organizational animosity toward is the Lakers because of George.

Maybe from the Celtics perspective? The only team that the Pacers have any sort of organizational animosity toward is the Lakers because of George.
    After the PG trade Ainge threw shade at IND when people were mad at him for not making the trade. He essentially said that he would have thrown the bag at IND if they wanted for him to sign Hayward first (since theyíd have to sequence it that way) and that itís not his fault if IND rushed to take a lesser deal, Pritchard fired back saying that like 5% of what comes out of any reported Boston trade offer is true and snarked that Ainge was offering the rights to Larry Bird too.

Idk if itís lingering or organizational animosity but that does seem kind of bad blood. Iíd hope that neither side was harboring anything from that

As a Pacers fan, Iím curious for your Indiana perspective on things. Zach Lowe was saying today that Ainge simply didnít like Myles Turner and tried to survey around and didnít like what offers were. He just preferred Thompson at MLE to Turner, it was really that simple.

From the IND side, what is your take on that? You mentioned earlier I think that now IND has to ďdo somethingĒ with Turner I believe. What is your assessment of him as a player and how he fits in IND too?

I personally think heís hugely valuable and would have been an amazing coup. I had been suggesting that Boston actually attach draft picks to convince you guys to give him up via S&T. So Iím personally dumbfounded by Ainges assessment. Am I way off in your estimation?

After the PG trade Ainge threw shade at IND when people were mad at him for not making the trade. He essentially said that he would have thrown the bag at IND if they wanted for him to sign Hayward first (since theyíd have to sequence it that way) and that itís not his fault if IND rushed to take a lesser deal, Pritchard fired back saying that like 5% of what comes out of any reported Boston trade offer is true and snarked that Ainge was offering the rights to Larry Bird too.

Idk if itís lingering or organizational animosity but that does seem kind of bad blood. Iíd hope that neither side was harboring anything from that

As a Pacers fan, Iím curious for your Indiana perspective on things. Zach Lowe was saying today that Ainge simply didnít like Myles Turner and tried to survey around and didnít like what offers were. He just preferred Thompson at MLE to Turner, it was really that simple.

From the IND side, what is your take on that? You mentioned earlier I think that now IND has to ďdo somethingĒ with Turner I believe. What is your assessment of him as a player and how he fits in IND too?

I personally think heís hugely valuable and would have been an amazing coup. I had been suggesting that Boston actually attach draft picks to convince you guys to give him up via S&T. So Iím personally dumbfounded by Ainges assessment. Am I way off in your estimation?
    Also sounds like Boston offered Hayward $102-112 mil as well. Indyís offer was on the same range per Lowe.

So basically this came down to money and role and Hayward chose to be the guy and get the most money in CHA.

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    Seems like they are still trying to do a sign and trade for this?

Maybe with a 3rd team so Boston doesnít have to take Batum back?
    Lmao OKC lurking somewhere for some pick
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast