Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 148 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148
Results 2,206 to 2,218 of 2218
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I actually think this way, and especially the way we execute people, is more of a waste to tax payer money in that it's more expensive. If we are going to "execute" someone for their crimes, there should be a purpose to it in that it should be painful enough that it acts as a deterrent to others committing the same crimes. Being shot execution style is a quick, relatively painless death. It simply does not deter anyone.
    The types of people that commit crimes that most people think they should be executed for live a constant life of being in danger where they could be killed at any time. The death penalty isn't a deterrent in any form to them.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The types of people that commit crimes that most people think they should be executed for live a constant life of being in danger where they could be killed at any time. The death penalty isn't a deterrent in any form to them.

The current death penalty wouldn't be a deterrent to anyone who lives a "serial killer" like lifestyle, i agree. In some sense, it would probably be a better death than they could imagine for themselves. That's why it should be a more painful ending than the current death penalty. For starters, their should be no warning, no last meal or saying goodbye to their family. The execution itself should be a painful experience as well.

It’s the same thing as George Floyd. If we didn’t have overwhelming video evidence of what that officer did, Floyd’s killer would be not only walking free but also able to kill another black man.
    It's the same with Kyle Rittenhouse, if we didn't have overwhelming video evidence, he would could potentially be in jail right now, instead of winning his case on the obvious grounds of self-defense.

Personally, I'm completely against the death penalty, on both moral and effectiveness grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    It's the same with Kyle Rittenhouse, if we didn't have overwhelming video evidence, he would could potentially be in jail right now, instead of winning his case on the obvious grounds of self-defense.
    It's funny how we can look at the video from Floyd and Arbery and agree that it's horrible. Yet, there's video of the Rittenhouse shootings and they still won't admit the obvious. That it was self defense. It would be like someone looking at the Floyd video and claiming Chauvin was trying to give the helmlich maneuver.
    Last edited by joeyc77; 11-25-2021 at 04:31 AM.

I actually think this way, and especially the way we execute people, is more of a waste to tax payer money in that it's more expensive. If we are going to "execute" someone for their crimes, there should be a purpose to it in that it should be painful enough that it acts as a deterrent to others committing the same crimes. Being shot execution style is a quick, relatively painless death. It simply does not deter anyone.
    It's funny how we can look at the video from Floyd and Arbery and agree that it's horrible. Yet, there's video of the Rittenhouse shootings and they still won't admit the obvious. That it was self defense. It would be like someone looking at the Floyd video and claiming Chauvin was trying to give the helmlich maneuver.
    We? You obviously weren't hear during the Chauvin trial. As there were plenty of people who were saying he was going to walk. Or that it was at worse manslaughter. Or even people saying he'd get a mistrial and walk.

The right is not as innocent as you try to pretend when it comes to these situations.

There were a bunch of people claiming Floyd died of an overdose.

And this was a video of someone just kneeling on a dudes neck. Not exactly as complex of a situation.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    We? You obviously weren't hear during the Chauvin trial. As there were plenty of people who were saying he was going to walk. Or that it was at worse manslaughter. Or even people saying he'd get a mistrial and walk.

The right is not as innocent as you try to pretend when it comes to these situations.

There were a bunch of people claiming Floyd died of an overdose.

And this was a video of someone just kneeling on a dudes neck. Not exactly as complex of a situation.
    In the trial, the medical examiner testied that if not for the tape and eye-witnesses. Had Floyd just been found somewhere, he would have labeled his death as a "drug overdose". This gives some obvious speculation to his actual cause of death. That does erase Chauvins actions and what he did at all. What chauvin did was horrendous and im glad the jury was able to find him guilty. My point is, no one said otherwise. No one went out of their way to make false claims regarding Floyd's character. Im sure there are people on the right who are *******. It's just not to the extent of people on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Stupid is as stupid does.
    I must have missed that I'm media.
    what did I say that is a problem, it's factually correct. there are ****ing morons that trust the media is accurately covering the news.

the media is the problem, just like the imbeciles with Washington Post blaming an SUV for the crash done by the driver.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I swear man...

You realize when he's saying "he did nothing wrong" he's saying he wasn't hurting anyone or committing a burglary right?

I can't tell to this day if you're a troll or just kind of dim Special. You're missing his point completely.

This makes it sound like you actually are trying to justify his death.
    was there or was there not something wrong? yes there was, meaning it can not be, nothing. what I said is correct.

that does not mean the police should have decided to shoot, especially as quickly as they did.
    the police were also not aware that it was a toy gun.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    what did I say that is a problem, it's factually correct. there are ****ing morons that trust the media is accurately covering the news.
    And they are stupid for doing so…just like I said.

Moreover, these morons are joined by all the dimwits (along the entire spectrum) who are wringing their hands over how unfair the media are.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I must have missed that I'm media.

the media is the problem, just like the imbeciles with Washington Post blaming an SUV for the crash done by the driver.
    Morons and imbeciles you say....

In the trial, the medical examiner testied that if not for the tape and eye-witnesses. Had Floyd just been found somewhere, he would have labeled his death as a "drug overdose". This gives some obvious speculation to his actual cause of death. That does erase Chauvins actions and what he did at all. What chauvin did was horrendous and im glad the jury was able to find him guilty. My point is, no one said otherwise. No one went out of their way to make false claims regarding Floyd's character. Im sure there are people on the right who are *******. It's just not to the extent of people on the left.
    Ok, so you basically just provided a full example of what I've been saying. I don't think any of this misinformation you just pushed is done with malice, but just bad sources. So, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

1. "The" medical examiner did not say he died of an OD. One Medical Examiner that was called by the defense said that he believed it was possible that he OD'd. And that if he had done the Autopsy, he would have concluded that it was "undetermined" based on the multiple factors. The other medical examiners. Including a 3rd party that was paid for by Floyd's family, and the person who did the original challenged these assertions. And basically said this was BS. Also, a cardiologist was called to the stand and said that it was highly unlikely that it was a Cardiac Arrest as well, the other claim from the defense.

2. This Medical examiner also claimed that Carbon Monoxide could have been one of the factors. Which was later retracted when it was discovered cop car wasn't actually on.

3. You are missing a big addition to that quote. He didn't say if he was found dead in the street. He said if he was found dead at home with no other factors.... Which completely changes that claim. There were other factors and injuries taken into account.

4. Now just to be clear. I'm not trying to act like you're terrible or something. Because some of the people who were pushing this stuff were very obviously doing it with malintent. And just wanted to see Chauvin cleared. I truly believe you are just misinformed on the issue.

5. And this is on a personal note, and forgive me for injecting a bit of personal experience without the stats to back it up. I try my best not to have arguments that are basically found in "trust me".

But I've seen multiple fentanyl overdoses. I had a roommate that had to be brought back to life after finding him almost dead on the stairs. I've had now 3 friends die from this drug. Thankfully I steered away from opiates (not that I haven't had my own battles with substance abuse).

And I guarantee you that is no Fentanyl Overdose. These overdoses usually happen within a minute or 2 of consumption (most people smoke them, but some people mistake them for percs and would often OD snorting them). When someone OD's from Fentanyl they do not start screaming. Their body shuts down. within 2 minutes after taking the drug, they will literally be gray. Looking like death. Then they will start to do what is called the "death gurgle". This guy wasn't even nodding (a common effect when people take the drugs) let alone ODing.

And if he's an addict. He does not swallow these pills. He smokes them. He would have OD'd way before Chauvin had a chance to kneel on him. And on top of that... These cops, based on the area they're in. They know what a Fentanyl overdose looks like as well as anyone. It's a completely bogus claim. Made to trick people that are just ignorant to these situations. If they thought he was ODing at all they'd have the medics immediately shoot him with Narcan.

So again. I think we all need to be more cautious with the media we consume and try our best to get the facts. Because the way right-wing media tried to frame this case as a close call is extremely disingenuous.