Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Marcus Morris Back to LAC (4 years, $64M)

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

What was his leverage to demand this? Who was paying him more than the full MLE???? These teams overpay for no reason at all

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    What was his leverage to demand this? Who was paying him more than the full MLE???? These teams overpay for no reason at all
    Agree WTF is that? That's ridiculous.

Morris is definitely more valuable as a player than to accept an MLE. The Clippers gave up multiple 1st round picks to get him and he was there most consistent top player for them during the playoffs in the bubble.

https://www.si.com/nba/clippers/news...morris-signing

Overpaying players is not a problem for me as long as they can deliver the goods consistently when it matters, something PG constantly fails to do [emoji1751]

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    Morris is definitely more valuable as a player than to accept an MLE. The Clippers gave up multiple 1st round picks to get him and he was there most consistent top player for them during the playoffs in the bubble.

https://www.si.com/nba/clippers/news...morris-signing

Overpaying players is not a problem for me as long as they can deliver the goods consistently when it matters, something PG constantly fails to do [emoji1751]

Ok, let's say that the Clippers refused to pay him more than the MLE... who else was paying it? I understand that they might be ok paying more, but seems like they were bidding against themselves to do so. We can't sit here and talk about what we think he's worth but I don't see how he was ACTUALLY getting more than the MLE based on the teams who are in position to offer it, which is really only NY at this point since ATL doesn't figure to want another PF.

Ok, let's say that the Clippers refused to pay him more than the MLE... who else was paying it? I understand that they might be ok paying more, but seems like they were bidding against themselves to do so. We can't sit here and talk about what we think he's worth but I don't see how he was ACTUALLY getting more than the MLE based on the teams who are in position to offer it, which is really only NY at this point since ATL doesn't figure to want another PF.
    Yeah, they could have played hardball. Would it have been worth it when Kawhi can leave next year? It's an overpay. I'm not disputing that but they couldn't afford to lose him. Morris is a bigger part of the team than people her in this thread realize.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    Yeah, they could have played hardball. Would it have been worth it when Kawhi can leave next year? It's an overpay. I'm not disputing that but they couldn't afford to lose him. Morris is a bigger part of the team than people her in this thread realize.
    Yes he was a huge part of their success who did not cause friction much like Jerami Grant on the Nuggets during the bubble which they will regret dearly to let him walk than to overpay to keep him as well [emoji1751]

Last edited by cattusmaru; 11-21-2020 at 01:28 AM.

Good point but he can get that MLE from any team he chooses than to get it from a turmoil team such as the Clippers yet he was their most consistently reliable player in the bubble. Without him, they would have won some of those playoff games so they are rewarding him on a job well done.

I would love to have him on the Sixers for the MLE [emoji7]

Maybe the knicks and we trade for him again like last time he screwed us

There are only 3 teams left with any cap space - NY, ATL and CHA. They cannily sign so many FAs. No other team can offer more than the full MLE to anyone, if that. How do these teams keep overpaying for guys like Morris? They do it every year.

Geez, glad he's back but this a crazy contract. Especially the years. It is in line with what a lot of guys were getting but it almost looks like an overreaction.

UMM, are we in 2016 again? How the **** does a Morris twin get 16 million a year?!

He had very good year...When he was a Knick

Man Clips better hope that Kawhi and George stay
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Clippers being Clippers.

On second thought, this isn't that bad. The first year salary is actually lower than his cap hold so the Clippers are closer to be able to use the full MLE. The 4th year will likely be partially guaranteed or team option(I hope). Just trying to stay positive lol. Obviously not a great night on paper for the Clipps. Clippers really couldn't afford to lose him.

The whole "bird rights" thing lets these players bully teams. Morris won't get any offers above the full MLE which is about 2/3 of this. But if the Clippers offered him that same deal and he walked to take it elsewhere they don't really get anything to replace him so he just walks for nothing. These agents leverage that to get stupid money like this because if the teams don pay the stupid money and pay market value they lose out if he walks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast