Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mavs Trade Seth Curry for Josh Richardson + #36 (Tyler Bey)

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/t...or-seth-curry/

Who wins this trade? I think this is a win-win, but the Mavericks get the younger and superior player.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

I also have no idea who Tyler Bey is or if he's any good. Input on your projection of this player would be appreciated.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

I think for how cheap and locked up Seth is, it's great for the 76ers.

Richardson is a better overall and younger player, but for cost control purposes it works for both teams.

Dallas adds defense and another versatile guy just like THJ, while giving them the flexibility to resign him next summer or have cap space to go after bigger names.

Philly gets cheap shooting. Although he's one dimensional, my guess is Doc thinks he can get JJ Redick type of play out of him with Curry coming off his best season.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    I also have no idea who Tyler Bey is or if he's any good. Input on your projection of this player would be appreciated.
    Tyler Bey is another 3/D type which was Dallasí biggest need going into the draft. Prior to the draft the Mavs has basically one 3/D type player in Dorian Finney-Smith. They now have four: DFS, Josh Green, Richardson, and Bey.

Iíd consider this a win/win for both teams. Both player fill a major hole for their new team. Mavs got the most they could as far as value for Curry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With two strokes of a pen Morey has solved the 76ers 3pt shooting woes. Curry could get 7 or 8 3pt shots a night.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    With two strokes of a pen Morey has solved the 76ers 3pt shooting woes. Curry could get 7 or 8 3pt shots a night.
    Morey has been on fire

Is it that Josh Richardson fallen off so much as a 2-way guy or that Curry is really that much better of an offensive player now that hes worth the swap? Because this kind of trade gets lol'd to death any other year.

Classic Morey pick, Bey can play. Fits his philosophy well
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Is it that Josh Richardson fallen off so much as a 2-way guy or that Curry is really that much better of an offensive player now that hes worth the swap? Because this kind of trade gets lol'd to death any other year.
    I think Sixers are that desperate for shooting and cap relief. Richardson will definitely get $14M+ in his next contract.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Classic Morey pick, Bey can play. Fits his philosophy well
    He's on the Mavs though [emoji848]

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Itís a fit thing. Richardsonís numbers were actually similar to his career numbers but is usage was really different. Curryís fit as a pure floor spacer is better for us.

Plus we moved off JRich leaving at the end of the year into two extra years at half the cost of what JRich will get.

Trade helps both teams. 76ers desperately need shooting and Mavs need a 3-D wing player on an expiring contract.

Well MTM, your team has spacing and a new coach. We'll see if it was Brown/Simmons stopping Embiid from getting the ball down low and not just Embiid and his inability to bang in the paint. It'll also be interesting to see if he's learned to put the ball on the floor immediately after receiving an entry pass, not 5 seconds after.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Mavs seriously improved their perimeter defense with this move and with what they did in the draft. Rumor is they are now trying to acquire Gallinari. Then I expect they will use their MLE on a guy like Montrez Harrell or Jae Crowder.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast