Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wood to Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I always wondered myself if he's using an app that won't let him quote properly. I'm curious more than annoyed.
    Iím just curious as well. Asked in another thread and was ignored so weíll see if heís just stubborn or canít figure it out or what. Or we wonít.

My bad guys. I will fix the problem LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    yeah thats a hard pass...

but when you said the Rockets might still say no to Simmons, Thybulle, Milton, 2-3 firsts, 1-2 pick swaps ...thats where I was like yeah Im taking that. Hell I think I take it with the 2 first rounders alone.

Thybulle and Milton are good prospects and are like a combined 5 mill per year and are locked up for another 3 years. Simmons is the borderline star wed be getting, and the 2 picks are for rebuilding efforts. No point in doing the pick swaps, when we know our picks will be better. Thats not a bad deal. I would seriously be ok with it. Hoping we could land another asset or two with a RW trade and our rebuild gets fast tracked.

I think Harden gets traded no matter what, along with other players because these Rockets players arent just upset about the direction, or with Morey & Dantoni leaving (althought these things def dont help). It actually has alot to do with Tillmans political stance and the fact that he helped fund Trumps campaign. If I can find the article Ill post it.

heres the article. https://nypost.com/2020/11/17/rocket...ties-to-trump/

curious to know what you think about this, or heard anything more about it
    Regarding Tillman: Weird thing is, heís buddies with Mark Kelly and Gabby Giffords. I think heís more of a liberal but these rich guys make a ton more when republicans are in office. Heís just a sell out. His brother on the other hand is a straight Trump loon ******* that believes in all sorts of Fox News ********.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I dunno man, I think I would take that lol

Simmons, Thybulle, Milton, 2 first and a pick swap.... yeah Im taking that.
    Woof so not only do we give up a ton of youth and value but also our top two ball handlers with no backup plan other than a rookie?

From a Sixers the issue I'm having is age/contract length for what it coming back. Even though we're getting a top 3 offensive player it's 31 with 2 years without the guarantee of a longer time unless he agreed to an extension before coming it's hard to take trading 5 years of a 2 time all star, and 3 years of two promising young players. From my perspective either take picks off or find a third team that would be able to add to what's coming back to us.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Woof so not only do we give up a ton of youth and value but also our top two ball handlers with no backup plan other than a rookie?

From a Sixers the issue I'm having is age/contract length for what it coming back. Even though we're getting a top 3 offensive player it's 31 with 2 years without the guarantee of a longer time unless he agreed to an extension before coming it's hard to take trading 5 years of a 2 time all star, and 3 years of two promising young players. From my perspective either take picks off or find a third team that would be able to add to what's coming back to us.
    Harden isnt turning down that last year on his deal, neither is RW, Paul, Curry, Lebron, Durant or anyone else making north of 40 mill. Especially since all these guys will be well in to their mid 30s on the last years of their contracts, if not already.

The picks youd be surrendering wouldnt be of the most value to a contending team and rebuilding teams dont trade their superstars with out getting picks back heading in to a rebuild.

Two first rounders, Simmons, Thybulle, & Milton would be a fair trade imo. Especially since Houston could send a player back like House for example. But if the price is to steep, I think Houston could get a package of = value somewhere else. End of the day players like Harden dont become available often and his value hasnt dropped in reality the way it has on psd. When a player like that becomes available it usually takes a haul to move him and the Rockets have nothing but time.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 11-21-2020 at 11:51 PM.

Wood to Rockets

Yea, ya'll keep skipping the part that I bring up as the concern as to why I see it as an overpay to make the point of skill.

It's an overpay from a team control aspect. You can say Harden will pick up his option all you want but it's only 2 guaranteed years. VS GTD 5 of Simmons, upt to 8 of Thybulle, and 8 of Milton. That's what's the overpay is IMO. On top of the 24, 23, 23 vs 31 with the ages of players involved.

Given the way this team has been reshaped I'm fine passing on Harden right now if that's what it's going to take and see what happens with the lineup and rotations. If it comes to the point where we have to make the trade and it's still a possibility then cool. But the Sixers/Morey shouldn't feel the pressure to have to make that deal right now.

Like...what other teams have a similar asset grouping that would be willing to do a deal like this?

Washington with Beal+? Likely not.
    Boston with Brown+? Well that plus would have to be a ton more.
    Brooklyn? We know that package isnít much interest and KD/Kyrie is off the table.
    Toronto with Siakam+? I doubt they make that move right now.
    Who in the west has the right package and is willing to do the deal? I donít think thereís many of any teams with that combo.
    Last edited by warfelg; 11-22-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Some. But the talent gap between them warrants some significant additional compensation, especially considering most of Philly's firsts will be mid-to-late rounders. I'm thinking 2-3 firsts, 1-2 pick swaps and Thybulle. And Houston may still turn that down.
    Yeah; thatís a homer Rocket fan take, right there. Simmons is dramatically better at defense and passing. Heís six years younger and has multiple more years on his contract. He can play every position. I wouldnít throw in any more than Milton and a first-rounder, or Thybulle without any picks. I donít think Morey would either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I'm telling you what it's been reported that the Rockets are asking for: a young All-Star, multiple firsts and other assets. When you factor in how mediocre those 1sts will be, I'd say you'd be getting off easy. Look at what New Orleans got for Jrue. You really think that deal seems ridiculous for Harden?

In the history of the league, how many times has there ever been a top 5 player available in his prime with three years left on his contract? It's going to take a mountain of a package, and Houston would be stupid to take anything less.
    Are you comparing Morey to the morons that run Milwaukee, overpaid for Jrue and possibly screwed themselves out of Bogdanovic?

Yea, ya'll keep skipping the part that I bring up as the concern as to why I see it as an overpay to make the point of skill.

It's an overpay from a team control aspect. You can say Harden will pick up his option all you want but it's only 2 guaranteed years. VS GTD 5 of Simmons, upt to 8 of Thybulle, and 8 of Milton. That's what's the overpay is IMO. On top of the 24, 23, 23 vs 31 with the ages of players involved.

Given the way this team has been reshaped I'm fine passing on Harden right now if that's what it's going to take and see what happens with the lineup and rotations. If it comes to the point where we have to make the trade and it's still a possibility then cool. But the Sixers/Morey shouldn't feel the pressure to have to make that deal right now.
    Exactly; Philly would be trading a lot of youth and long-term security for a guy in his 30s with three years. Plus in the right system, running his own team, Simmons on his own could reach Hardenís value.
    And the NBA already knows Harden wants out of Houston. That weakens their bargaining position.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Are you comparing Morey to the morons that run Milwaukee, overpaid for Jrue and possibly screwed themselves out of Bogdanovic?

I know Morey and have seen the man treat first rounders like they were a giveaway at a Black Friday sale over the last decade. There's a reason the Rockets haven't drafted in the first round the last five years. And look at the Chris Paul deal and how much they gave up to get him. The man salivates at the opportunity to get a star player, and he absolutely adores Harden amd would do everything he could to get him to Philly.

So, yes, I do think that deal is realistic. I wouldn't worry, though. The Beard isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

Like...what other teams have a similar asset grouping that would be willing to do a deal like this?

Brooklyn? We know that package isnít much interest and KD/Kyrie is off the table.
    Who in the west has the right package and is willing to do the deal? I donít think thereís many of any teams with that combo.
    youre assuming Morey is willing to do this trade. We still dont know if Stone is even allowed to talk to Morey.

theres two sides to the coin here. You might think its an over payment for harden on a 2 year deal, we could easily argue that you are over valuing your prospects in the deal. Simmons still cant shoot a lick either and that has proven to be a sticking point for any player in this era.

Also like I said before, the Rockets are in no rush to make a trade. They have time, and thats the only thing they have on their side so itll be wise to wait it out and field all the possible offers. Its not like were all holding our breath for Simmons, Thybulle, and Milton. All are good young pieces, but dont do enough for a rebuild with out picks.

I also Think Morey will give Simmons a chance before he tries to move him. The only reason Morey would move Simmons is due to the lack of shooting, which would be the same concern for any team taking him on.

Exactly; Philly would be trading a lot of youth and long-term security for a guy in his 30s with three years. Plus in the right system, running his own team, Simmons on his own could reach Hardenís value.
    And the NBA already knows Harden wants out of Houston. That weakens their bargaining position.

The league also knew that Davis wanted out. They got decent value in return. The Rockets will field all offers and eventually take the best one. They have 2-3 years to do it. So They can also wait another season to see if Simmons is willing to take a shot outside the paint. When you say Simmons could reach Hardens value alone, that all depends on his willingness and ability to shoot. His value can actually drop lower if isnt able to improve significantly in that area.

Yeah; thatís a homer Rocket fan take, right there. Simmons is dramatically better at defense and passing. Heís six years younger and has multiple more years on his contract. He can play every position. I wouldnít throw in any more than Milton and a first-rounder, or Thybulle without any picks. I donít think Morey would either.

Its not a homer take at all. You guys act like 76ers would be our only option for Harden. Thats not the case. In fact I would argue that the 76ers are likely the absolute last team the Rockets would deal with right now. And Harden being under contract means the Rockets have time to field offers a year and a half from now, we know how fast things change in this league.

So no its not a homer take, to want to field other offers and weigh our options. Were going to be a rebuilding team and rebuilding teams need picks. its really that simple.

If Simmons & Thybulle alone was such a fair deal, 6ers fans wouldn't be offering it up like its taco Tuesday. If we rebuild, were going to need picks and so there for realistically the 6ers are not a good trade partner. Call us homers, call us whatever you want. We need the picks for a rebuild and our GM would be stupid to move Harden and not get any picks in return.

thats the landscape you see today. Things change fast in the NBA. It can all look different 3 months from now let alone 2 years from now. Were not going to make a move now just for the sake of making a move. We'll take our time and ultimately take the best package that is offered.

Plus you guys have Thybulle, Milton, Green, Curry.. I dont see why you even need Harden. The way you value Thybulle & Milton, youre better off just keeping them.

for a super star in his prime who is under contract for at least another 2 years.

So the real question here is do the 6ers currently have enough to compete for a ship? Is the back court of Simmons, Green, Thybulle, Milton, Curry good enough? if the answer is yes then why move any of them? Because it seems to me you guys are valuing youth and security over getting a super star like Harden and if thats the case then stand pat.

If there is a deal to be worked out then yes, the Rockets are absolutely asking for picks, prospects, and a good young player.. If that price is too high, we keep it moving. Philly seems to feel confident in their back court anyways.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 11-25-2020 at 01:26 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast