Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wood to Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Hard to say. The outcomes are all over the place right now, but I think it depends on how they perform once the season starts. At this point, it feels unlikely that Harden and Westbrook get dealt before the start of the season, and sitting out does their trade value no favors.

If they perform well, I still think there's an outside shot they could reconsider their desire to leave. Maybe they enjoy Silas' new system and Wood becomes a third star in his offense. But I think, even if things go well, there's a chance one or both get traded during the season if the right offers come along.

I'm optimistic, but I'm also confident that at least the Rockets won't deal those two unless deals come along they feel are fair value.
    Thanks for your answer, since the Wood's signing you got a team to compete, I guess it might change everything once season starts.

Some. But the talent gap between them warrants some significant additional compensation, especially considering most of Philly's firsts will be mid-to-late rounders. I'm thinking 2-3 firsts, 1-2 pick swaps and Thybulle. And Houston may still turn that down.
    Iíd pass if you think thatís the difference in value TBH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh. Seems like all the contenders from last year are kind of taking a step back outside of the Lakers. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Rockets have their worst year of the Harden era.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Iíd pass if you think thatís the difference in value TBH.

I'm telling you what it's been reported that the Rockets are asking for: a young All-Star, multiple firsts and other assets. When you factor in how mediocre those 1sts will be, I'd say you'd be getting off easy. Look at what New Orleans got for Jrue. You really think that deal seems ridiculous for Harden?

In the history of the league, how many times has there ever been a top 5 player available in his prime with three years left on his contract? It's going to take a mountain of a package, and Houston would be stupid to take anything less.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Meh. Seems like all the contenders from last year are kind of taking a step back outside of the Lakers. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Rockets have their worst year of the Harden era.
    Nah. They went .500 in 15-16 in Dwight's last season the year before D'Antoni was hired and the roster got reworked. No way they'll be that bad barring a rebuild or major injuries.

I'm telling you what it's been reported that the Rockets are asking for: a young All-Star, multiple firsts and other assets. When you factor in how mediocre those 1sts will be, I'd say you'd be getting off easy. Look at what New Orleans got for Jrue. You really think that deal seems ridiculous for Harden?

In the history of the league, how many times has there ever been a top 5 player available in his prime with three years left on his contract? It's going to take a mountain of a package, and Houston would be stupid to take anything less.

I believe It.

You think the Rockets wants to move RW first before trading Harden? I do. It just make sense right?

I donít think itís ridiculous. I just feel for what it brings the Sixers, 2 years of a 31 year old vs 5 years of a 24 year old and 4 years of a 23 year old, I donít pass up the youth and years.

I donít think itís ridiculous. I just feel for what it brings the Sixers, 2 years of a 31 year old vs 5 years of a 24 year old and 4 years of a 23 year old, I donít pass up the youth and years.

I can see both sides of the argument for 76ers fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post

I believe It.

You think the Rockets wants to move RW first before trading Harden? I do. It just make sense right?
    Seriously, why canít you quote people?

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    I 2nd this lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post

I can see both sides of the argument for 76ers fans.
    but wait, thats still only one side though

end of the day a rebuilding team needs picks my man.

Some. But the talent gap between them warrants some significant additional compensation, especially considering most of Philly's firsts will be mid-to-late rounders. I'm thinking 2-3 firsts, 1-2 pick swaps and Thybulle. And Houston may still turn that down.
    I dunno man, I think I would take that lol

Simmons, Thybulle, Milton, 2 first and a pick swap.... yeah Im taking that.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    I always wondered myself if he's using an app that won't let him quote properly. I'm curious more than annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I dunno man, I think I would take that lol

Simmons, Thybulle, Milton, 2 first and a pick swap.... yeah Im taking that.
    The original post that started this conversation was suggesting that the Rockets would be lucky to get just Simmons and Milton with no additional picks or assets, which would be a massive trade rape by Philly. The deal you're suggesting is obviously a lot closer to a package I'd be comfortable with.

The original post that started this conversation was suggesting that the Rockets would be lucky to get just Simmons and Milton with no additional picks or assets, which would be a massive trade rape by Philly. The deal you're suggesting is obviously a lot closer to a package I'd be comfortable with.
    yeah thats a hard pass...

but when you said the Rockets might still say no to Simmons, Thybulle, Milton, 2-3 firsts, 1-2 pick swaps ...thats where I was like yeah Im taking that. Hell I think I take it with the 2 first rounders alone.

Thybulle and Milton are good prospects and are like a combined 5 mill per year and are locked up for another 3 years. Simmons is the borderline star wed be getting, and the 2 picks are for rebuilding efforts. No point in doing the pick swaps, when we know our picks will be better. Thats not a bad deal. I would seriously be ok with it. Hoping we could land another asset or two with a RW trade and our rebuild gets fast tracked.

I think Harden gets traded no matter what, along with other players because these Rockets players arent just upset about the direction, or with Morey & Dantoni leaving (althought these things def dont help). It actually has alot to do with Tillmans political stance and the fact that he helped fund Trumps campaign. If I can find the article Ill post it.

heres the article. https://nypost.com/2020/11/17/rocket...ties-to-trump/

curious to know what you think about this, or heard anything more about it
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 11-21-2020 at 10:26 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast