Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Or lord. This is just an outdated take on the direction of the country. Like I said, the republicans are no longer the adult in the room. Now they’re the whiny kid that always claims people cheated when they lost in kickball and do victory laps when they get a single.

Times have changed and continue to change. Adapt or die. You can say you don’t care about gay marriage but it was a central fight in the Bush years and into Obama’s. Conservatives pushing back over and over like they always do for any social progress on civil rights.

The popular vote margin is growing and Texas is purple. So the GOP needs to adapt or change the rules.
    Not sure where you have been the past four years but that's the democratic playbook to a T. Clinton and Abrams are you examples.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Not sure where you have been the past four years but that's the democratic playbook to a T. Clinton and Abrams are you examples.
    what planet do you live on lol

You've lost this one, move on. Republicans will forever be the party of children moving forward.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Nothing new under the sun.

The Constitution calls for one representative for every 50k people. Congress broke itself and the electoral college when they stopped growing with the population.

More representatives reduces corruption, fixes the EC, gets more people engaged.
    https://mises.org/wire/us-should-hav...mbers-congress

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    what planet do you live on lol

You've lost this one, move on. Republicans will forever be the party of children moving forward.
    Don't say forever. At any time a party can collapse and come back as a different thing. Just need to give all the old people the boot.

I’m not a democrat and they suck for a host of reasons. You can butwhatabout all day if you want but it doesn’t change that the GOP is no longer the intelligent responsible party that it was 30 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, the democratic party conceded the loss. The investigation was warranted and legitimate; the current investigation is entirely unsubstantiated and the entire thing is simply an attempt at a coup.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    No, the democratic party conceded the loss. The investigation was warranted and legitimate; the current investigation is entirely unsubstantiated and the entire thing is simply an attempt at a coup.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    You seem to have missed the last four years as well. Hillary just earlier this year thinks she should be the President.

So let’s just agree both parties suck and support something else. Something that doesn’t drive us apart by exploiting wedge issues and answer to lobbyists and corporations over what’s in the best interest of the public.

So let’s just agree both parties suck and support something else. Something that doesn’t drive us apart by exploiting wedge issues and answer to lobbyists and corporations over what’s in the best interest of the public.
    I'm all for getting money out of the political process

That's just it....how does that happen? How do we....the general population we, not the government we...actually go about making those changes? And do so at a time we have possibly become THE most divided we've been in decades? I'm not saying that to infer 'like that's gonna happen', it's a sincere question, which is why I'd started a thread awhile back about this (even tho the thread's been idle for awhile now).
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Nothing new under the sun.

The Constitution calls for one representative for every 50k people. Congress broke itself and the electoral college when they stopped growing with the population.

More representatives reduces corruption, fixes the EC, gets more people engaged.
    https://mises.org/wire/us-should-hav...mbers-congress
    To me this is actually more proof that Constitution, while great, was a product of its time. The founders definitely did not anticipate the population growth of the 21st Century. If we did have one representative for every 50,000 people, there’d be 6,000 members of the House.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    To me this is actually more proof that Constitution, while great, was a product of its time. The founders definitely did not anticipate the population growth of the 21st Century. If we did have one representative for every 50,000 people, there’d be 6,000 members of the House.
    which does not negate the policy it's the numeric data in this case one per 50,000 that would need to be adjusted.

had it been based on population percentages, it would have aged just fine

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    had it been based on population percentages, it would have aged just fine
    Do you mean we use the same % of the population as 50,000 was to the general population back then or that we determine a % of the population that receives an electoral vote?

Do you mean we use the same % of the population as 50,000 was to the general population back then or that we determine a % of the population that receives an electoral vote?
    probably the latter, not that I've done the math on the former....but maybe we're not far from that now as quick math says NY has 6% of the House seats and 5% of the US population.

there were in the neighborhood of 5 million in the US at the time the 50,000 number was put in.....meaning 1% of the population and basically the same number of seats in the house (100) as the Senate
    Last edited by SiteWolf; 11-23-2020 at 06:03 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast