Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Looks like Steven Adams is off the table (Pelicans). Is Boston out of options to upgrade at center?
    Whiteside for MLE?

Pipe dream for Boston would be Ibaka with the MLE. If Hayward does go to the Knicks they could try to make it a S&T which creates a trade exception - we've seen that happen a lot where a team throws them an asset to incentives it. That enables BOS to offer Ibaka a deal more than the MLE if they do their own S&T with TOR. Incentive for TOR is they get a trade exception vs him walking to BRK for nothing.

I actually prefer Ibaka to Turner because I think he's more of an actual shooter who teams play out to the 3 point line vs someone who bangs in the occasional 3 when left open.

If BOS did that Ibaka S&T then they'd preserve the MLE to use on a wing/forward replacement for Hayward too. Overall I would take Ibaka and let's just say Jae Crowder over Turner/McDermott. But that has lots of moving parts. So we'll see

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Pipe dream for Boston would be Ibaka with the MLE. If Hayward does go to the Knicks they could try to make it a S&T which creates a trade exception - we've seen that happen a lot where a team throws them an asset to incentives it. That enables BOS to offer Ibaka a deal more than the MLE if they do their own S&T with TOR. Incentive for TOR is they get a trade exception vs him walking to BRK for nothing.

I actually prefer Ibaka to Turner because I think he's more of an actual shooter who teams play out to the 3 point line vs someone who bangs in the occasional 3 when left open.

If BOS did that Ibaka S&T then they'd preserve the MLE to use on a wing/forward replacement for Hayward too. Overall I would take Ibaka and let's just say Jae Crowder over Turner/McDermott. But that has lots of moving parts. So we'll see
    I suspect news will break soon for Ibaka resigning. Raptors have no other options, and 0% chance he takes the MLE. I suspect 1+1 overpay. Like $25M or something like that.

My guess is this... The reported IND offer is actually Turner/McDemrott and Leaf. No one cares about Leaf because he sucks, but he's actually very important in real terms because of this:

Turner/McDermott/Leaf for Hayward is going to save IND from the tax but put Boston in the luxury tax after the deal. With Tatum's extension looming and Turner being a long term deal, this will trigger not only huge tax charge in '21-22, but a huge REPEATER rate tax charge in '22-23.

Turner/McDermott with no Leaf means Boston stays below the tax, but now IND is in it. They presumably want to keep Dipo at a big deal which would push them into the tax next year. For a team that historically doesn't pay tax at all, I'm sure they would want to push going into the tax off a year

I'm sure Ainge is saying that he'd take back enough salary to go into the tax for good players, but he's not taking an overpaid McDermott and useless Leaf to do so. So he's saying he'd give up Hayward+ to get back Dipo or Warren as the second contract. IND is saying they don't want to move 2 starters for Hayward.

My guess is the compromise is a 3rd and maybe even 4th team where some of that salary goes. Leaf gets dumped into cap space or a trade exception for some 2nds that either BOS or Indy pay. BOS either reluctantly accepts McDermott over what figures to be a more fruitful MLE signing, or they salary dump him somewhere too (or he goes somewhere for a player under contract or S&T that BOS like better for similar money).
    This is all part of the equation but your equation stops after this deal which isnít reality. Both teams can still make moves after this deal to change the entire equation and get under the tax. I think this is just reading way too much into it.

Indy can dump off Lamb during the trade or after the trade. Hell Boston may even be willing to help facilitate that within the constructs of this deal.

City of Champions

I think Ibaka is going to Brooklyn

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    This is all part of the equation but your equation stops after this deal which isnít reality. Both teams can still make moves after this deal to change the entire equation and get under the tax. I think this is just reading way too much into it.

Indy can dump off Lamb during the trade or after the trade. Hell Boston may even be willing to help facilitate that within the constructs of this deal.
    Right, but it would take assets for them to dump Lamb. So now the total cost for them for Hayward is adding extra when you account for that and that might tip the scales to something they don't like overall.

Right, but it would take assets for them to dump Lamb. So now the total cost for them for Hayward is adding extra when you account for that and that might tip the scales to something they don't like overall.
    Unless Boston supplies those assets to help dump Lamb.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Unless Boston supplies those assets to help dump Lamb.
    I'm all on board for that. If we supply the assets to dump whatever IND sends back besides Turner to where we're only taking his $18M salary, then we can get up to the full MLE by waiving Ojeleye and replacing him with a rookie minimum deal. Sign me ups or that.

With reports now that NY won't do 4 years, it just seems like Hayward's plan B is re-signing with us. And I feel like to Danny that might be plan A to a Myles Turner deal. Or even if it's plan B on the surface, once he starts throwing in assets to move IND salary like you suggest then it becomes his plan A.

Hayward to CHA. 4 years, $120M

SO I was wrong we were definitely not plan B lol

Woof. 4/$120mil with Charlotte.

Signed an offer sheet with them when he was a RFA.

Honestly I ainít even mad. Good for him for securing a long term deal like that.

Goes to show all those people who thought he was crazy for opting out. Thereís always an idiot out there to throw stupid money at someone. Last year it was Horford. This year Hayward. ALWAYS AN IDIOT OUT THERE!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more guys sign with other teams the worse it gets for Boston. Not that Boston is gonna make it back to the ECF let alone make the finals because as I said before this team is in ECF purgatory.

He begged for 2 extra days to make a decision and this is his decision? Yet another team he's bent over a barrel. Hope he never sniffs the playoffs again.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

try not to laugh
    "Iím not a ham-fisted nitwit."
    -Stork

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567