Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Looks like Steven Adams is off the table (Pelicans). Is Boston out of options to upgrade at center?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Looks like Steven Adams is off the table (Pelicans). Is Boston out of options to upgrade at center?
    Adams is a horrible fit in Boston. He wouldnít have been an upgrade anyways.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Still plenty of options out there but think deal with Indy gets done in the end. Think makes sense for all parties involved (Indy/Bos/Hayward).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Danny Ainge is wild lol

Although... it does seem Haywardís plan B is to just resign with us. With the other moves weíve made we can give him a good deal and use the full MLE if we maybe just dump Langford. I think Hayward is a better wing than Turner is a big, and I think the MLE big men are better than McDermott is a wing. So honestly that 2 man combo might be better.

If we do get Turner/McDermott Iíd try to reroute McDermott into a TPE or cap space (NY?) and the. Use full MLE on Crowder.
    find a way to get NO involved since IND doesn't want to include Warren get Redick's expiring 13M included somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    Still plenty of options out there but think deal with Indy gets done in the end. Think makes sense for all parties involved (Indy/Bos/Hayward).

Was hearing much like AD, Hayward probably gonna wait until Thanksgiving to finalize anything.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    find a way to get NO involved since IND doesn't want to include Warren get Redick's expiring 13M included somehow.
    We just drafted Nesmith. I donít see why we need to pay JJ Reddick $13M for basically the same player whoís worse on D. I like JJ but I just donít think he fits into what weíre trying to accomplish here.

Turner and Warren for Hayward (or some version of that) is exactly what we need.

PG - Walker/Wanamaker/Pritchard/Edwards
    SG - Smart/Nesmith/Langford
    SF - Brown/Warren
    PF - Tatum/Williams
    C - Turner/Theis/Williams/Fall

I think this squad fits real nice together. Last year we played better when Smart was a starter. Having Warren and Nesmith as scoring option off the bench is a massive upgrade from last years bench. As well as Warrenís added D and Theis going from starter to second team.

City of Champions

Iím sorry but Indiana would be crazy to trade Warren and Turner for Hayward. Turner straight up for Hayward? Cool, but the other deal is Ainge just pushing it way too far.

I think the Hayward situation has been completely misread. 1. I think many are devaluing Hayward based solely on total stats without looking into his efficiency and usage with him being a 4th option here in Boston. Last year Hayward was very close to his Utah self before the minor ankle injury in the playoffs 2. I think people are overvaluing Turner and to a lesser extent Warren.

Turner is a solid C but heís not anywhere near the top end C in this league. Warren had a great season in Indy but mainly due to injuries and him being featured more than he should have been.

3. I donít think Hayward has his mind set on leaving Boston. I just think he wanted options for long term security due entirely to his injury history. And itís a smart move on his part. But thereís no reason he canít get that from Boston.

4. Indiana at this point has very limited options to improve their team. So theyíre at a crossroads. If they canít improve the team to convince Dipo to stay next year, they have to turn their sites to dealing Dipo and getting something for him while they can. Unfortunately his value is low right now.

Boston has a lot more leverage in this than is being discussed. And that is why Ainge is holding out for Turner and Warren. As he should. My guess is, Indiana will cave and the deal will be centered around Turner and Warren for Hayward.

Has anyone been following NBA Twitter, specifically Woj, Sham, Keith Smith, or Marc Stein?? Hayward is going to Indy. I think that's not a question right now, that's a fact. I think the Celtics are trying to get the most they can out of a sign and trade, knowing that Hayward is not going to sign with the Knicks. I think Danny may be looking for a 3rd team to sweeten the deal. Wouldn't be shocked if Atlanta gets involved and we see either John Collins or Clint Capela going to Boston. If it's straight up with Indy, they're going to try to get Turner and Holiday or Warren. Hayward just bought a home in Indy, and his wife wants him there. A Sign and Trade will happen. Also, for all you cap experts out there, follow Keith Smith to get your facts straight. Some people are mentioning Hayward going to the Lakers or Clippers....LOL how?? They don't have any cap space. It would have to be a sign and trade. Only teams with cap space left are NYK ($29 mil), ATL ($25 mil), and Charlotte ($19 mil). Every other team is working with exceptions, minimums, and sign and trades.....

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    We just drafted Nesmith. I donít see why we need to pay JJ Reddick $13M for basically the same player whoís worse on D. I like JJ but I just donít think he fits into what weíre trying to accomplish here.

Turner and Warren for Hayward (or some version of that) is exactly what we need.

PG - Walker/Wanamaker/Pritchard/Edwards
    SG - Smart/Nesmith/Langford
    SF - Brown/Warren
    PF - Tatum/Williams
    C - Turner/Theis/Williams/Fall

I think this squad fits real nice together. Last year we played better when Smart was a starter. Having Warren and Nesmith as scoring option off the bench is a massive upgrade from last years bench. As well as Warrenís added D and Theis going from starter to second team.
    Well this is under the scenario IND refuses to give up Warren and is only willing to include McDermott. I'd rather instead get Redick's vet savvy where he can provide bench scoring playing 1 or 2 and then have an expiring contract (that we would have Bird rights to as well) if we decide not to re-sign him on the cheap afterwards.

You could basically be rotating in and out Redick, Nesmith, Langford, Pritchard (not including Wanamaker here since we might keep him or not, and Edwards I doubt will ever make an impact for us) to have guaranteed bench scoring anytime we take out starters from 1 to 4 given that Tatum, Brown, Smart can all play 2 or 3 anytime we need.

Atlanta just signed Kris Dunn so I think that takes them out of the running with the cap space they have left.

https://twitter.com/nesn/status/1330...801966595?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Iím sorry but Indiana would be crazy to trade Warren and Turner for Hayward. Turner straight up for Hayward? Cool, but the other deal is Ainge just pushing it way too far.
    Not really. Hayward is still one of the best all-around wing players in the league and Indiana knows it. He's a really smart decision-maker who is a very good passer, 3 level scorer, and excellent defender that can play 3 positions and be a point forward at times. The Celtics are simply not his ideal scenario anymore at this point with Tatum becoming the ball dominant player and Gordon having to share so many touches with other all-star level players in Brown, Walker, Smart.

The big drawback for Hayward is if he can stay healthy for a full season, which unfortunately the Celtics never got to experience. When he was actually healthy, he made a big difference for us before his injury this year and even when he came back hobbling, and his maturity helped a lot when the young players got into that stupid "jack up shots panic-mode" except in the final game against the Heat when everyone on the team went full ****** after falling behind only a few points.

In the older days Turner would carry a lot more value but now with the 5 being deeply devalued unless you are a big-time scorer and ball-handler at that position like Jokic, he's nowhere near Hayward's value.

My guess is this... The reported IND offer is actually Turner/McDemrott and Leaf. No one cares about Leaf because he sucks, but he's actually very important in real terms because of this:

Turner/McDermott/Leaf for Hayward is going to save IND from the tax but put Boston in the luxury tax after the deal. With Tatum's extension looming and Turner being a long term deal, this will trigger not only huge tax charge in '21-22, but a huge REPEATER rate tax charge in '22-23.

Turner/McDermott with no Leaf means Boston stays below the tax, but now IND is in it. They presumably want to keep Dipo at a big deal which would push them into the tax next year. For a team that historically doesn't pay tax at all, I'm sure they would want to push going into the tax off a year

I'm sure Ainge is saying that he'd take back enough salary to go into the tax for good players, but he's not taking an overpaid McDermott and useless Leaf to do so. So he's saying he'd give up Hayward+ to get back Dipo or Warren as the second contract. IND is saying they don't want to move 2 starters for Hayward.

My guess is the compromise is a 3rd and maybe even 4th team where some of that salary goes. Leaf gets dumped into cap space or a trade exception for some 2nds that either BOS or Indy pay. BOS either reluctantly accepts McDermott over what figures to be a more fruitful MLE signing, or they salary dump him somewhere too (or he goes somewhere for a player under contract or S&T that BOS like better for similar money).

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

^ good point... could be why they got back the two 2nd rounders in the Kanter deal, as a sweetener to a third team to take the salary dump

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast