Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Gordon Hayward opts out of contract

Looks like Hayward is deciding to test out free agency and will leave $34 million on the table. But who will he sign with? Iím hearing Knicks or Pacers as two possible destinations? But my gut is telling me either the Lakers or Clippers will sign him. Itís funny how Boston managed to lose both Hayward and Horford in the last couple yrs two guys I thought were gonna be here for the long haul.

I can see him signing with Miami or Utah.

Jazz 3yr contract

If Miami a 1&1

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

You gotta think Hayward knows he has another big contract coming to opt out of that. I can really only see Atlanta offering their cap space. He really doesn't make sense of the other teams with cap since they are so far away from winning. A trade I've had for Boston is with Orlando for Vucevic. It would be Hayward and a few of their young assets/picks. I thought that would have happened before the draft/opt out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    You gotta think Hayward knows he has another big contract coming to opt out of that. I can really only see Atlanta offering their cap space. He really doesn't make sense of the other teams with cap since they are so far away from winning. A trade I've had for Boston is with Orlando for Vucevic. It would be Hayward and a few of their young assets/picks. I thought that would have happened before the draft/opt out.
    Can't trade a guy right before he turns down is PO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    I can see him signing with Miami or Utah.

Jazz 3yr contract

If Miami a 1&1
    Why opt out of $34M just to sign a 1+1? Miami can't afford anywhere close to that.

Good for Hayward though, why opt in and have no say where you're traded.

Opt out, get a mega deal from the Hawks or Knicks and call it a day.

My guess is the Knicks or Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Why opt out of $34M just to sign a 1+1? Miami can't afford anywhere close to that.
    To win lol

Build up his stock & look for a pay day a year later. I really think he just didn't want to be in Boston anymore; and they also was trying to trade him.

I don't see him getting big money, so why not sign with a contender.

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Good for Hayward though, why opt in and have no say where you're traded.

Opt out, get a mega deal from the Hawks or Knicks and call it a day.
    My guess is the Knicks or Hawks.
    I don't see him getting a mega deal. A fair deal, yes for sure.

He wasn't opting out of #34.1M without knowing he's got a long term deal somewhere. Maybe that's ATL or NYK into cap space. Maybe it's IND, Dallas or Memphis via a S&T (as none of them have cap space to do it outright) that got worked out with Boston (hence the option deadline being moved back to buy time - luckily we're not dumb enough like SAC/MIL to announce it lol).

If he does sign with ATL or NYK my prediction is that Boston throws them something to do it as a S&T and create a trade exception. Some possible S&T scenarios I can see:

to IND for Lamb/McDermott/Leaf/Goga (Goga being the asset sent back to get Boston to take the salary)

to DAL for Dwight Powell, Delon Wright and Dorian Finney Smith (Powell and Wright are multi year dead weight, DFS is the asset given to Boston to get them to take the salary and help DAL upgrade)

to MEM for Kyle Anderson and Dillon Brooks (Anderson is a negative multi year deal, Brooks is an ok player but not as good as Hayward obviously)

Any of those S&Ts would let him sign for a deal starting at ~$25M so over $100M over 4 years, which I think justifies his opt out.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

I think he goes to the Knicks. Leaving 34 million on the table with a top team in the East just screams "I want the ball in my hands more." Indiana has been mentioned on here too. Just checked and realized he's from there. If they end up trading Dipo they'd have the space.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 11-20-2020 at 12:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Suns could use him

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I think he goes to the Knicks. Leaving 34 million on the table with a top team in the East just screams "I want the ball in my hands more." Indiana has been mentioned on here too. Just checked and realized he's from there. If they end up trading Dipo they'd have the space.
    On the flip side he could go and ring chase

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Suns could use him
    I donít see how they get the money and any role displeasure he has in Boston would seem to apply there. They have cap space but not that much I donít think.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I donít see how they get the money and any role displeasure he has in Boston would seem to apply there. They have cap space but not that much I donít think.
    He could start at the 3 or 4 and have one of the younger guys be a 6th man. They need a couple of good vets to help Paul lead that young team imo.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast