Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Is it that Josh Richardson fallen off so much as a 2-way guy or that Curry is really that much better of an offensive player now that hes worth the swap? Because this kind of trade gets lol'd to death any other year.
    I think it's a combination of the two. Curry has really found his niche and maximized what he can do, whereas Richardson hasn't really improved in his 5 years. The ceiling for both players is probably a lot closer than anyone would have though 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    I think it's a combination of the two. Curry has really found his niche and maximized what he can do, whereas Richardson hasn't really improved in his 5 years. The ceiling for both players is probably a lot closer than anyone would have though 3 years ago.
    Richardson played really well in Miami. I think his regression last year has more to do with team chemistry and just an overall bad situation in Philly. I expect he will look more like the Miami player in Dallas playing for Carlisle and with Luka. Curry has pretty much maxed out as a player and his stock is about as high as itís ever going to get. Mavs basically sold high on Curry and bought low on Richardson. Both players fill a big need in their new team. This trade is really a win-win for both teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW Richardson didnít really decline from a performance perspective. He moved down the chain into a different role and saw an impact from there.

This is gonna be sexy:

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    This is gonna be sexy:

I'd start both of them with Ben, Joel and Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I'd start both of them with Ben, Joel and Harris.

When Danny Green is on heís one of the best 3&D wings in the league. The unfortunate thing with him is that heís very streaky.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    When Danny Green is on heís one of the best 3&D wings in the league. The unfortunate thing with him is that heís very streaky.
    He was at one time. Not any more. Still good but he has declined with age as one would expect. Which makes his streakiness a little harder to deal with

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    FWIW Richardson didnít really decline from a performance perspective. He moved down the chain into a different role and saw an impact from there.

Thatís why I think heís a better fit in Dallas and we will likely see that guy instead of the one that played in Philly last season. In Dallas his role will be pretty much the same as it was in Miami.

I donít get the added excitement with PHI on these moves. Nice moves for sure. I think they fit better than what they gave up. Not arguing that. But Iíd still argue the 18/19 Sixers team was far superior to this group.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    He was at one time. Not any more. Still good but he has declined with age as one would expect. Which makes his streakiness a little harder to deal with
    When he kept bricking those shots down the stretch in the Finals I'm like c'mon man!

Morey found himself a cheap J.J. Redick replacment. Good pickup by the 76ers, who are finally getting some better shooters and have a pretty amazing depth chart. If I'm them, I'd start some of the younger guys and see what they're made of, then bring in the veterans as needed for big moments. Re-sign O'Quinn on the cheap as Embiid's backup and Neto as the backup point guard.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Morey found himself a cheap J.J. Redick replacment. Good pickup by the 76ers, who are finally getting some better shooters and have a pretty amazing depth chart. If I'm them, I'd start some of the younger guys and see what they're made of, then bring in the veterans as needed for big moments. Re-sign O'Quinn on the cheap as Embiid's backup and Neto as the backup point guard.
    The rumor was Noel might be coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Maybe on the Lakers but the year before that he fit perfectly with the Raps starting 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Maybe on the Lakers but the year before that he fit perfectly with the Raps starting 5.
    He did fit well in Toronto. And itís not like he was a bad fit in LAL. But he peaked in SA. Like I said, heís still good. But heís past his prime and each passing year he will decline and become more inconsistent. Thatís all Iím saying

City of Champions

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast