Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 211 of 246 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3679
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    My rosy glasses are telling me maybe this is why we kept our cap space and his response to Bondy is that of a person in the middle of contract negotiations?
    I hope so, would be exciting to see him come here.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I don't care about Randle. I'm talking about how you guys throw around the term modern.

Zion was just used as an example of someone that you guys would call modern, but doesn't do any of the things you've highlighted for modern bigs. Zion as an example also highlights how PFs can still have a major impact without doing all of the things you insist on them being able to do.

Then there's Obi, who a lot of people on here have insisted on not being modern, but he probably offers the most modern offensive skillset of the three.
    Zion doesn't need to be pigeonholed into the term "modern" he's the biggest, strongest, most explosive, athlete we have probably ever seen.

No player of any era is capable of doing what he can do.

To compare anything about a completely useless bum like randle, to Zion, is crazy. You don't talk about Zion in the same terms of other players, because nobody in the history of the world is comparable to Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I don't think it's a direct comparison to Randle. He's just highlighting how the word modern just gets thrown around in a non-meaningful way. It also has nothing to do with Zion needing time. His point was that based on what you outlined as modern, Zion doesn't fit that currently yet he had a huge impact on that team and we would be happy to have him.

This post pretty much proves that because everything you said a modern PF needs to be able to do, Zion doesn't right now and Shady is even using "if he never improves at all." He was a terrible defender his first year and doesn't space the floor like Luka, like Steph, like Trae Young. Zion isn't "modern" with how you guys constantly throw out the term, yet you can acknowledge how good and valuable he still is.

I don't agree with your use of modern or that Zion isn't modern, but it just shows how you guys contradict yourselves when using it. I believe this was the point that was trying to be made.

It's not just with Randle. Just look at how Obi is viewed on here in comparison to Zion, when Obi probably offers more of what you guys think is "modern" offensively. Again, not a direct comparison, just in terms of how you guys throw that word around. It honestly doesn't make much sense and comes off at times as just playing favorites or as just another way of saying that a player isn't good, but a player can be bad, average, or good while still being modern.
    Well put. I think Zion is a really good player same as I think the Freak is a really good player. They are beasts at getting to the rim, good passers and great defenders BUT to be considered a modern or even generational player you have to be able to space the floor. I doubt either Zion or Freak will ever be able to do that. LeBron made himself generational to me when he added the consistent 3 point shooting to his game which to me is harder to do than to become a good defender. Plus with a defensive minded coach like Thibs defense will be a team effort like his contending Bulls team were.

The only good defenders on those Bulls teams were Noah(Mitch), Deng(RJ) and Butler(Frank). I'm not comparing the players there I'm just letting you know that this Knicks team has just as many defenders and that Bulls team was known as a defensive juggernaut. People also are not mentioning how good of a signing Noel is. He brings the same intense rim protection that Mitch does in case Mitch is in foul trouble plus a little better scoring. Rivers is also an above average defender that could possibly be compared to Kirk H. who played a big role on those Bulls teams.

I think Leon Rose did a good job building the type of team Thibs likes to coach. IF...Obi turns out to be a bad defender, I don't think it will be as noticeable in Thibs defensive schemes. Nobody ever mentions Derrick Rose or Carlos Boozer who were both known as horrible defenders hurting the Bulls chances of winning. We will see soon enough.
    Last edited by Knicks Boogie; 11-30-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I get why we don't want him. We want to give Obi +30 minutes at PF and Knox the rest. However, let's not act like Randle is garbage.

Randle in 2019 (24 years old) = 21ppg / 9rpg / 3apg with shooting splits of 52/34/71
    I keep telling folks this... and that's with the worst possible coaching in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Well put. I think Zion is a really good player same as I think the Freak is a really good player. They are beasts at getting to the rim, good passers and great defenders BUT to be considered a modern or even generational player you have to be able to space the floor. I doubt either Zion or Freak will ever be able to do that. LeBron made himself generational to me when he added the consistent 3 point shooting to his game which to me is harder to do than to become a good defender. Plus with a defensive minded coach like Thibs defense will be a team effort like his contending Bulls team were.

The only good defenders on those Bulls teams were Noah(Mitch), Deng(RJ) and Butler(Frank). I'm not comparing the players there I'm just letting you know that this Knicks team has just as many defenders and that Bulls team was known as a defensive juggernaut. People also are not mentioning how good of a signing Noel is. He brings the same intense rim protection that Mitch does in case Mitch is in foul trouble plus a little better scoring. Rivers is also an above average defender that could possibly be compared to Kirk H. who played a big role on those Bulls teams.

I think Leon Rose did a good job building the type of team Thibs likes to coach. IF...Obi turns out to be a bad defender, I don't think it will be as noticeable in Thibs defensive schemes. Nobody ever mentions Derrick Rose or Carlos Boozer who were both known as horrible defenders hurting the Bulls chances of winning. We will see soon enough.
    Lebron was already clearly a generational talent the minute he stepped on the pro court. And 100% a lock after year two. And Giannis ďwonít get thereĒ? By 25, heís a back to back MVP, DPOY, automatic 2nd/1st team all NBA/Defense. Pretty sure heís already there. If he improves his jumper, he will literally own the league

Iíd bet right now, if he doesnít get injured, Zion will be there very soon
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-30-2020 at 05:14 PM.

My post wasnít to diminish Zion either.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Lebron was already clearly a generational talent the minute he stepped on the pro court. And 100% a lock after year two. And Giannis ďwonít get thereĒ? By 25, heís a back to back MVP, DPOY, automatic 2nd/1st team all NBA/Defense. Pretty sure heís already there. If he improves his jumper, he will literally own the league

Iíd bet right now, if he doesnít get injured, Zion will be there very soon
    Maybe we have different views of generational talent. I think Giannis is a superstar but not generational. Steve Nash was a 2 time MVP but never won anything and wasn't generational to me. Giannis is heading down that path because his game is too predictable mainly because he can't mix it up. He can't shoot. Zion either. Sorry but those are facts.

Look I will be the first to admit I was wrong about Luka... he is a generational talent. I also think Trae Young will be a generational talent as well. Those guys score from all over the cover and it's almost impossible to game plan against them. LeBron was very stoppable before he became efficient from 3. Now it's pick your poison!

Maybe we have different views of generational talent. I think Giannis is a superstar but not generational. Steve Nash was a 2 time MVP but never won anything and wasn't generational to me. Giannis is heading down that path because his game is too predictable mainly because he can't mix it up. He can't shoot. Zion either. Sorry but those are facts.

Look I will be the first to admit I was wrong about Luka... he is a generational talent. I also think Trae Young will be a generational talent as well. Those guys score from all over the cover and it's almost impossible to game plan against them. LeBron was very stoppable before he became efficient from 3. Now it's pick your poison!
    Thatís fair. But Giannis is WAY better than Nash. Those MVPs were suspect to put it mildly. And Giannis is a premium player on both ends in his early 20s. And Lebron was never really stoppable. Heís been pretty much putting up 27/7/7 since heís 20, and consistently making deep playoff runs.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Zion doesn't need to be pigeonholed into the term "modern" he's the biggest, strongest, most explosive, athlete we have probably ever seen.

No player of any era is capable of doing what he can do.

To compare anything about a completely useless bum like randle, to Zion, is crazy. You don't talk about Zion in the same terms of other players, because nobody in the history of the world is comparable to Zion.
    Agreed lol

Randle is like Zion, but without the explosive vertical athleticism and body mass. Which basically means that he sucks lol

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Agreed lol

Randle is like Zion, but without the explosive vertical athleticism and body mass. Which basically means that he sucks lol
    If Randle is like Zion then I'm like Morant

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    You do know Rondo signed with atl right
    Yeah and you said Hayes and compared him to rondo. Rondo next to trae isnít a good fit thatís why theyíll likely not play much if at all together. You do know heís coming off the bench right.......
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    So our team got dumb and cheap. As opposed to usually just dumb
    No way char offered a first and the Knicks were like nah lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Heíd be the best player on our team (from what Iíve read)
    Iím not buying that but who knows letís hope he comes over then
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Iím not buying that but who knows letís hope he comes over then
    I mean heís definitely a smart point guard who can shoot. Considering none of our point guards are shooters I think that alone is pretty damn helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    No way char offered a first and the Knicks were like nah lol
    Letís hope not