Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 171 of 246 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 3679
    Just from today:

1. Cade Cunningham | 6-7, lead ballhandler | 19 years old, freshman | Oklahoma State
    As mentioned above, I love the talent at the top of the 2021 NBA Draft. Itís a considerably deeper draft within the top half of the lottery than the 2020 iteration was. And yet, I still think of it as ďThe Cade Cunningham DraftĒ at this stage. Heís not only one of the best prospects Iíve evaluated at the high school level, but also one of my favorite players to watch. Everything about Cunningham looks likely to translate at a high level in the NBA, and he gets better every time I see him.

I wrote about Cunningham two-and-a-half years ago, back when I first saw him at Pangos All-American camp, and was stunned that he was considered just a borderline top-20 prospect in his recruiting class. Thatís no longer the case. Over those nearly 30 months since I started writing about him, Cunningham has gone from being a future NBA wing with high feel for the game to a legit lead ballhandler who was the best player at the U19 World Cup as an underage player last year ó while sharing a backcourt with 2020 lottery picks Kira Lewis Jr. and Tyrese Haliburton and emerging as the clear top dog.

Heís 6-foot-7 with a 7-foot wingspan, but plays point guard. His handle is very strong technically, and heís rarely out of rhythm as a ballhandler. You canít speed him up because of how well he plays through contact at his size. If you give him a ball screen and let him get downhill, heíll go through guys at the rim and finish using his length to extend.

His best skill, though, is his passing ability. Cunningham can hit every read out of spread or side pick-and-rolls. He hits cross-corner kickouts and baseline drive-and-drifts with ease. He knows how to draw help defenders to hit the easy little drop off to his big. He whips one-handed passes with both his right and left hands. Everything is just so polished. In Oklahoma Stateís spread offense under Mike Boynton, Cunningham is going to average seven assists per night with ease as long as his teammates hit shots.

On top of that, Cunningham is a diligent defender who really does an excellent job of reading what offensive players want to do, and making their life tough with his length. Unsurprisingly, heís also great at using that length to create deflections and get into passing lanes.

The only real issue here is that heís been a bit of an inconsistent shooter throughout his career. But a source at Oklahoma State told me that heís come to preseason workouts and been the teamís second-best shooter behind 3-point marksman Ferron Flavors. If Cunningham is really a shooter now, itís kind of a wrap for opponents because there isnít really an easy way to stop him. Iíd bet on Cunningham averaging something in the ballpark of 16 points, seven rebounds and seven assists at Oklahoma State this season, and being in the mix to win the national player of the year award. He is the big lead ballhandler that everyone is looking for, plus he has a real winnerís mentality that consistently leads to positive team play and good results.
    https://theathletic.com/2214823/2020...pect-rankings/

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Haha you know itís true, we get boned every year.

Hope this time itís different though. I (as everyone here well knows) still have faith in ol Frankie and a

Cade-Frank-RJ-Obi-Mitch

Group could be incredible if they all develop properly & gel. Feel like Cade is going to be that Doncic/Trae/Lillard type where heís pulling up from three 10 times a game and hitting them at close to 40% which when you have that guy whoís also a ridiculous playmaker it just literally changes everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    He is way over rated. We were talking about Cole Anthony last year this time and I like Cole but please stop. 99% of these high school kids are overrated. There is no high school ball being played so all you see is Cade playing against AAU kids who probably didn't make the high school team.

I post several links to film on Cade and he is slow footed and not that great of a passer. Kid can shoot but the Knicks just drafted a proven guard who can shoot from Kentucky. A guy we actually got to see play against real competition.

It's a lot of people here who don't want Russell Westbrook for 3 years but are willing to tank and waist another year for Cade Cunningham....LMAO

Cmon Knicks fans
    Westy kills young players and LOL if youíre playing aau your good enough to play Hs ball lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

but yeah, don't get your hopes up....nothing good ever happens to the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Actually the best high school player now is a junior Emoni Bates and a senior Chet Holgren is a little behind him, ( has to put on some weight )
    Bates has superstar written all over him
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Those guys arenít eligible until 2022 and 2023. Thatís like saying Zion isnít Zion because Doncic existed. It wouldíve been a similar situation had Doncic gone to HS in the US.

It happens. Bates could be better but that doesnít diminish how good Cade is. Cade is 100% viewed in the same light as Doncic and Zion and an absolute game changer.
    Yep
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Pretty much every scout is tagging Cade as a generational talent so I think youíre off here.

Heís a 6í7 PG who plays both ends of the court, seems to have an extremely high IQ & scores at three levels, including a great stroke from three.

This would be the biggest misfire in recent memory if the scouts are off here. Everything about him says star.
    I read his 3 point shot was good but didnít see great. Yeah if heís legit from everywhere how is he not a prospect worth tanking for lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Some of you guys don't know about Cade, but you are going to learn. Elite talent and the number one pick in a loaded draft. I can't wait for the draft and the Knicks resurgence.
    I think green has a shot at #1. Kid is a stud too
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

One day it will
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Idk if its cade or bust they are a bunch of great prospects in that draft and we got 2 first id say we are in a great position 😉

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I think green has a shot at #1. Kid is a stud too
    Green will be great too but I think he goes #2.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I read his 3 point shot was good but didnít see great. Yeah if heís legit from everywhere how is he not a prospect worth tanking for lol
    Iíve been hearing/reading the same thing Smood just posted, that most recently he showed up to camp or whatever they have and his three ball is now also just a complete weapon.

Heís going to be a monster barring some out of nowhere regression which I do not foresee

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Alot of variables come into to play

Also the irony is the guy luka who you worship was traded
    Luka is different. Luka came from overseas and people questioned whether he can ball. Had luka went to a college and played how he plays nobody even thinks about trading him and heís a sun. Totally different. Luka also is great so I donít get why you think heís less than a superstar itís kinda funny
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Haha you know itís true, we get boned every year.

Hope this time itís different though. I (as everyone here well knows) still have faith in ol Frankie and a

Cade-Frank-RJ-Obi-Mitch

Group could be incredible if they all develop properly & gel. Feel like Cade is going to be that Doncic/Trae/Lillard type where heís pulling up from three 10 times a game and hitting them at close to 40% which when you have that guy whoís also a ridiculous playmaker it just literally changes everything.
    We will still be fine though. The draft this so loaded. I'm still thinking about trading up that Dallas pick into the top 15. We could get an elite SG and a potential all star at PG.
    Last edited by Garrett2010; 11-24-2020 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Idk if its cade or bust they are a bunch of great prospects in that draft and we got 2 first id say we are in a great position 😉
    It's not Cade or bust, that's what makes it such a good draft class.

Also from the same article:

The 2021 NBA Draft process begins in earnest this week as college basketball teams tip off games and scouts look on knowing that the 2021 class looks, throughout the lottery, to have much more upside than the 2020 one did.

And indeed, this is a draft worth tanking for. Iíd ballpark it at five players who are currently tracking ahead of anyone in the 2020 NBA Draft and thus would have been likely to be selected at No. 1 in that class. And realistically, there are even more players than those who are particularly interesting and seem to have higher upsides.