Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 153 of 246 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3679
    Iíd be surprised if Obi starts right away. NBA season starts in three weeks, I get heís older but this is still a massive transition. Letís see. Mitch, Randle Bullock Barrett and ? Is my early money bet on the starting lineup. Noel, Obi, Knox Off the bench. The guards will need to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    There is no set rotation on this roster I'm sorry but outside of Obi and RJ nobody else is worth keeping around worry about role player after Knicks find there center piece whether that is on team or next draft or trade or FA till then this is just a trial team.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    As of today Mitch is a bigger impact player than RJ or Obi who hasnít played 1 NBA minute yet.

The guy just broke Wilt Chamberlainís FG% record at age 21 and has real potential to be one of the best defenders in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Iíd be surprised if Obi starts right away. NBA season starts in three weeks, I get heís older but this is still a massive transition. Letís see. Mitch, Randle Bullock Barrett and ? Is my early money bet on the starting lineup. Noel, Obi, Knox Off the bench. The guards will need to compete.
    Knox is gonna have to fight for minutes he stunk last year.

There is no set rotation on this roster I'm sorry but outside of Obi and RJ nobody else is worth keeping around worry about role player after Knicks find there center piece whether that is on team or next draft or trade or FA till then this is just a trial team.

You keep saying no one is worth keeping around, But Obi didn't start to shine until recently, and hes older than DSJ, Frank, Knox, Mitch.

You same guys who love obi and hate on the other young players make no sense. These guys were in the nba when Obi was still playing college ball.

So to say we know they won't develop while loving obi makes no sense.

I believe Frank and RJ are going to be real good nba players. Knox I have very little hope for. Mitch is one of the most physical gifted athletes I've ever seen, but hes dumb as nails. I don't know how these guys will turn out, but trying to develop them, is the best option for this franchise. Even if only 2/4 make it, Thats a win.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    As of today Mitch is a bigger impact player than RJ or Obi who hasnít played 1 NBA minute yet.

The guy just broke Wilt Chamberlainís FG% record at age 21 and has real potential to be one of the best defenders in the league.
    No offense, but who cares about that ridiculous record as if it means anything? It means nothing. We all know Mitch can get easy buckets around the rim. Its everything else he needs to show improvement in.

Mitch is a physical phenom. I put him up there with brown and Zion and Wilt. But he needs to show work ethic and basketball iq to take the next level.

If Mitch loved basketball and had the competitive spirit that someone like Kobe did, He would be a top 5 nba player. Mitch has a Loooooooong way to go to even sniff his potential, its left to be seen if he will actually try to do that.

Knox is gonna have to fight for minutes he stunk last year.
    More worrisome than him stinking, is that he doesnt even know how to play basketball, and doesn't really look like he cares. He seems like the kind of guy who is just happy he got in the nba.

Thats why we needed thibs, to push young players to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    No offense, but who cares about that ridiculous record as if it means anything? It means nothing. We all know Mitch can get easy buckets around the rim. Its everything else he needs to show improvement in.

Mitch is a physical phenom. I put him up there with brown and Zion and Wilt. But he needs to show work ethic and basketball iq to take the next level.

If Mitch loved basketball and had the competitive spirit that someone like Kobe did, He would be a top 5 nba player. Mitch has a Loooooooong way to go to even sniff his potential, its left to be seen if he will actually try to do that.
    Tyson Chandler had hands of stone and no real soft touch around the rim (as one example) and there are plenty of bigs like that.

Mitch has great touch around the rim. Itís not just simple dunks. Think you need to give him the benefit of the doubt a bit more, every team in the league would be ecstatic to have him.

Tyson Chandler had hands of stone and no real soft touch around the rim (as one example) and there are plenty of bigs like that.

Mitch has great touch around the rim. Itís not just simple dunks. Think you need to give him the benefit of the doubt a bit more, every team in the league would be ecstatic to have him.
    Chandler lead the lead in points in the paint and FG% when he was with the Knicks. Difference from him and Mitch is Chandler was smart as hell and completely locked down the defensive side. The year we won 50 he played mvp lvl ball.

I'm happy we have Mitch, but he should have locked up his starting spot and minutes already, its only himself that's holding him back. What hes doing now is just god given ability, time to show the work ethic.

Honestly, I'm not mad at some of the moves Knicks management have made. I was concerned that we were going to overpay for some players but we didn't. The mere fact that we're making moves for future drafts speaks volume. Contrary to other people on this board, I love the Burks, Noel and Rivers signings.

Also, you do not draft a player like Toppin to come off the bench...Knicks must move Randle asap.

My lineup would be

Robinson
    Toppin
    Barrett
    Burks
    Smith Jr (I expect another move for ball distributor though)

Noel
    Knox
    Bullock
    Ntilikina
    Rivers

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    You keep saying no one is worth keeping around, But Obi didn't start to shine until recently, and hes older than DSJ, Frank, Knox, Mitch.

You same guys who love obi and hate on the other young players make no sense. These guys were in the nba when Obi was still playing college ball.

So to say we know they won't develop while loving obi makes no sense.

I believe Frank and RJ are going to be real good nba players. Knox I have very little hope for. Mitch is one of the most physical gifted athletes I've ever seen, but hes dumb as nails. I don't know how these guys will turn out, but trying to develop them, is the best option for this franchise. Even if only 2/4 make it, Thats a win.
    He stayed in college what's wrong with that everyone has there own choice just because someone decided to come into NBA earlier doesn't mean they are better as we seen with Knox and Frank they have zero business being in NBA currently meanwhile everyone in NBA and Media says Obi is ready for NBA as for Mitch he didn't win anything on this roster where someone as talented as him should have already secured starting spot for good at the minimum but after 2 years there has been no improvement in him he is what he is I don't think there will be anything else he will show.

He stayed in college what's wrong with that everyone has there own choice just because someone decided to come into NBA earlier doesn't mean they are better as we seen with Knox and Frank they have zero business being in NBA currently meanwhile everyone in NBA and Media says Obi is ready for NBA as for Mitch he didn't win anything on this roster where someone as talented as him should have already secured starting spot for good at the minimum but after 2 years there has been no improvement in him he is what he is I don't think there will be anything else he will show.

being 22 in D1 is a huge difference than being 18-19.

Had Obi declared for the draft at the same age those guys did, he wouldn't of been drafted. He got better staying in college.

But had he declared for the nba at the same age those guys did, He wouldn't of even sniffed the nba.

Point is, those guys still have time on their side.

18 million current cap space + 18.9 million Randle + 5.7 million dsj = 42.6 million
    41.4 million = Westbrook
    Seems like too much of a coincidence....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nysportsfan23 View Post
    18 million current cap space + 18.9 million Randle + 5.7 million dsj = 42.6 million
    41.4 million = Westbrook
    Seems like too much of a coincidence....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Does Houston even have draft picks? Feel like we should get 3 future firsts to relieve them of that contract.

I donít want Russ here (I do want Randle gone), but I guess if we got him depth chart would basically (hopefully) be something like:

Russ-Burks-RJ-Obi-Mitch
    Frank-Rivers-Bullock-Knox-Noel
    Payton-IQ-Iggy-Spellman

Honestly might be a playoff team in the east, definitely take us out of the top 5-10 pick range next draft. I donít know, guess weíll wait & see.

Any idea what years those draft picks are?