Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 169 of 246 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 3679
    it's way to early to talk about the draft ja wasn't even a top 50 prospect going into his draft
    Last edited by east fb knicks; 11-24-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    New Orleans Pelicans All-Star F Brandon Ingram has agreed to a five-year, $158 million maximum contract extension, his agents Jeff Schwartz and Jordan Gertler of @excelsm_bball tell ESPN.

2020 Offseason & Free Agency Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    The point is to reject players that demand the ball but aren't good enough to consistently have it in their hands, thereby wasting RJ's development for no reason. That's Payton and Rivers.
    Heía probably never played off the ball in his life. He has to learn to move with out the rock, find spots, maintain rhythm without having the ball the whole game. Learning to play with others whilst getting his is part of his development. He will get plenty of touches with Austin on the floor. I could see if we added Melo lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 11-24-2020 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggie View Post
    Draft Lottery Balls: "Hold my Beer"
    Why the Knicks didn't tank before the rule revisions is beyond me. Fukcin' Steve Mills...

Quote Originally Posted by beagleboss View Post
    There is no chance we're ending up with Cade LOL come on man! Good stuff like that doesn't happen here.
    Thankfully it's a deep draft so we'll end up with a REALLY good prospect. Hopefully this regime does their homework and if they decide to take a wing that duplicates Barrett or bigs that duplicates Toppin and Robinson, they have followup moves to balance the roster and skillsets. Which they clearly did not do this offseason.

BTW, Cade plays tomorrow on ESPN at 4pm.
    I'm tuning in.

This Knick team is going to suck. I mean, really suck. Sucking harder than Shyla Stylez and 4 dicks.

Consider last season, the Knicks' record was due to the fact, the Knicks loaded up on Veterans. Now, they let go of most of those veterans. It's a bunch of kids who haven't played much over the last 2 seasons. Short off-season so they haven't grasped Thibs' system. Are they even in conditioning shape?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Heía probably never played off the ball in his life. He has to learn to move with out the rock, find spots, maintain rhythm without having the ball the whole game. Learning to play with others whilst getting his is part of his development. He will get plenty of touches with Austin on the floor. I could see if we added Melo lol

I think that makes, and that type of development would be fine if he were on a better team.

But as currently constructed, I'd rather put the ball in RJ's hands and see if he can develop into a primary scoring threat at this level (since the other players we've brought in have already proven over their careers that they are not).

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

I hope your joking do you remember he played with zion who was very ball dominant too RJs problem is spacing

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    I hope your joking do you remember he played with zion who was very ball dominant too RJs problem is spacing
    Except that he was still handling the Ball quite a bit. And Zion missed a lot of time. And Zion isnít ball dominant. He can do his thing with or without the ball

There is one thing thats a definite. We will suck. There will be better development, a system and stability from top to bottom, but sure as hell will we suck. I couldn't name a weaker team then ours. Cavs & OKC maybe, but thats it.
    Last edited by PewPew; 11-24-2020 at 05:06 PM.
    `

I think that makes, and that type of development would be fine if he were on a better team.

But as currently constructed, I'd rather put the ball in RJ's hands and see if he can develop into a primary scoring threat at this level (since the other players we've brought in have already proven over their careers that they are not).
    Players don't play better or have an easier time by minimizing the talent around them as much as you possibly can and/or playing guys based on age over everything else like fit. Having guys who can actually dribble inside the arc and are comfortable creating a shot is not a bad thing for RJ's development. It will be good for him to have some guys that can keep the defense honest even a little bit. Obviously he needs to be the focus and if Thibs makes him the focus he will be, and he'll most likely benefit on offense from having guys like Burks and Rivers on the court with him over Frank and Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Players don't play better or have an easier time by minimizing the talent around them as much as you possibly can and/or playing guys based on age over everything else like fit. Having guys who can actually dribble inside the arc and are comfortable creating a shot is not a bad thing for RJ's development. It will be good for him to have some guys that can keep the defense honest even a little bit. Obviously he needs to be the focus and if Thibs makes him the focus he will be, and he'll most likely benefit on offense from having guys like Burks and Rivers on the court with him over Frank and Smith.
    I mean RJ specifically said he likes playing next to Frank but regardless Iím excited to see how Burks & Rivers look here as well. Seems like theyíre both two guards but thatís fine. At least they can shoot.

Who said minimize the talent around RJ. We could brought in Korver-types, who are shooters and ball-movers, or a PG that can shoot while also creating, driving, etc. (think Schroeder).

Instead, we got Payton and Rivers who fit none of this criteria that you've set forth, and are arguably just as bad as the guys you're suggesting they should be playing over in Frank and DSJ. Neither Payton nor Rivers is keeping any defense honest. In fact, it will probably only draw more attention to RJ, Obi, and Randle.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I mean RJ specifically said he likes playing next to Frank but regardless Iím excited to see how Burks & Rivers look here as well. Seems like theyíre both two guards but thatís fine. At least they can shoot.
    I know RJ said that, but how did they actually play together? Honest question.

Who said minimize the talent around RJ. We could brought in Korver-types, who are shooters and ball-movers, or a PG that can shoot while also creating, driving, etc. (think Schroeder).

Instead, we got Payton and Rivers who fit none of this criteria that you've set forth, and are arguably just as bad as the guys you're suggesting they should be playing over in Frank and DSJ. Neither Payton nor Rivers is keeping any defense honest. In fact, it will probably only draw more attention to RJ, Obi, and Randle.
    Surprisingly enough, Payton's splits with Randle and Mitch were insanely good. He is good playing the two man game with bigs. You have to give him at least that much. It does take away from the wings (RJ) when he does that though, no doubt about it.

I don't see at all how DSJ/Frank will be better for RJ on offense than Rivers, Burks, but I guess time will tell. You at least have to close on those guys when they are open, teams would literally back off and leave DSJ/Frank wide open. That's not helping RJ.

I know RJ said that, but how did they actually play together? Honest question.
    Iím not sure but I think most of our best net ratings had Frank in them, whether it was next to Mitch, or Dot, or Portis or Knox, guessing the same with RJ. Frank is sort of a deceptively good player to me and I think thatís what a lot of fans miss - heís not gonna put up big ppg numbers but he plays the right way.

If he can get to 35%+ from three on 4+ attempts a game and learn how to move off ball a bit heíll be dangerous. Those are his swing skills to me. Right now he doesnít shoot it well enough and heís largely useless off ball which frustrates me. But he at least seemed to be getting in the paint more at the end of last season. Those halfcourt handoffs where he never circled back to take the ball infuriated me, I think thatís probably one of the top things all of us canít stand about him but a real coach imo would also correct that on the spot, pull him from the game and ream him out over it then stick him back in.

Anyway weíll see what happens this season. These kids are going to have to fight for PT under Thibs, hope the fire is lit under their ***** and they take their spots.

Surprisingly enough, Payton's splits with Randle and Mitch were insanely good. He is good playing the two man game with bigs. You have to give him at least that much. It does take away from the wings (RJ) when he does that though, no doubt about it.

I don't see at all how DSJ/Frank will be better for RJ on offense than Rivers, Burks, but I guess time will tell. You at least have to close on those guys when they are open, teams would literally back off and leave DSJ/Frank wide open. That's not helping RJ.
    I fully agree with your first paragraph, but like you said it was more of Payton working with the bigs than RJ doing it, which doesn't really help us long-term.

I think DSJ doesn't really help RJ at all, similar to Payton, but I'd prefer DSJ to Payton at this point because we're gonna need to make a decision on him one way or another after this year. As for Frank, he's a ball-mover. The ball doesn't stick in his hands. That's why RJ likes playing with him. Sure, it doesn't help the spacing one bit for Frank to be out there with RJ, but again, neither do Payton, DSJ or Rivers. That's why it made sense to bring in a Bogs or a Malik Beasley to really space the floor for RJ, but that never happened. What we did is brought in guys that are either marginally better than Frank and DSJ offensively (Rivers), or that are clearly better but not in a way that really helps RJ's development (Payton).