Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 156 of 246 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 3679
  1. #2326
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    35,022
    Saric 3/27m, he would have been better at PF.

    I feel like we got cute. Shoulda drafted a PG and no need for Rivers or Payton

    Mitch
    Saric
    RJ
    Frank
    Hali or Cole

    much more reasonable roster.

  2. #2327
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Why are you comparing us to ATL - They are on their way. You can't force folks to come here to a bad team and a tough city, who wants that. You can only overpay them. And there was no one to overpay here
    Where did I compare us to ATL? I simply made a statement that they made another good move. They've made lots of good moves. Good for them. Never said anything like why are players going there instead of here.

    That is obvious. No one will ever come here unless at least 1 or 2 of our drafted players become stars.

  3. #2328
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Saric 3/27m, he would have been better at PF.

    I feel like we got cute. Shoulda drafted a PG and no need for Rivers or Payton

    Mitch
    Saric
    RJ
    Frank
    Hali or Cole

    much more reasonable roster.
    Hali cant dribble or shoot off the dribble that's why he fell out of the lottery and went to a team with a ball dominate pg.

    Hali would of done absolutely nothing in NY.

    Cole is a player I wanted though. I still dont really understand why he wasnt more highly regarded, besides the tiny arms.

    Besides that, why didnt teams like him more? I dunno...

  4. #2329
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Where did I compare us to ATL? I simply made a statement that they made another good move. They've made lots of good moves. Good for them. Never said anything like why are players going there instead of here.

    That is obvious. No one will ever come here unless at least 1 or 2 of our drafted players become stars.
    Atlanta has their foundation laid out and are in position to make these kinds of moves, were not there yet.

  5. #2330
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    35,022
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Hali cant dribble or shoot off the dribble that's why he fell out of the lottery and went to a team with a ball dominate pg.

    Hali would of done absolutely nothing in NY.

    Cole is a player I wanted though. I still dont really understand why he wasnt more highly regarded, besides the tiny arms.

    Besides that, why didnt teams like him more? I dunno...
    but Hali with RJ & Frank made sense b/c those two guys are ballhandlers too and good passers. Would have been PG by committee with 3 long, athletic, interchangeable guys who can all defend.

  6. #2331
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    but Hali with RJ & Frank made sense b/c those two guys are ballhandlers too and good passers. Would have been PG by committee with 3 long, athletic, interchangeable guys who can all defend.
    Haliburton isnt any better with the ball in his hands than frank or RJ though.

    He offers next to nothing for us.

    Everything you want haliburton to do, quickly is better at.

  7. #2332
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    35,022
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Haliburton isnt any better with the ball in his hands than frank or RJ though.

    He offers next to nothing for us.

    Everything you want haliburton to do, quickly is better at.
    i disagree, but my point was we could have had a much more balanced team.

    Even if Obi becomes an efficient 20ppg guy, he has so much to overcome to be a key piece on a team.

  8. #2333
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,094
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Atlanta has their foundation laid out and are in position to make these kinds of moves, were not there yet.
    I know that and I never said we were. I simply made a statement that ATL made another good move.

    LOL guys

  9. #2334
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,510
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Hali cant dribble or shoot off the dribble that's why he fell out of the lottery and went to a team with a ball dominate pg.

    Hali would of done absolutely nothing in NY.

    Cole is a player I wanted though. I still dont really understand why he wasnt more highly regarded, besides the tiny arms.

    Besides that, why didnt teams like him more? I dunno...
    Donít forget Kira. Curious to see how he looks in the league. Probably couldíve traded down with NO for him and added an extra pick.

  10. #2335
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,565
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Ugh..I hate this

    Would have thrown 4/80 at him no problem. Oh well
    It's over now. We need to focus on playing and developing the young guys.

    2021 draft - fade for Cade
    Last edited by Garrett2010; 11-23-2020 at 12:35 PM.

  11. #2336
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,094
    The top 3 projected in 2021 are pretty legit. Hopefully we don't fall lower than that. We should be a near lock for a bottom 3 record.

  12. #2337
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,565
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    The top 3 projected in 2021 are pretty legit. Hopefully we don't fall lower than that. We should be a near lock for a bottom 3 record.
    oh its more than 3 players. That's why it's being termed as historically strong.

    And the Knicks will be big players in that draft.

  13. #2338
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11,756
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    It's over now. We need to focus on playing and developing the young guys.

    2021 draft - fade for Cade
    Iím fully prepared for Bullock, Rivers, Burks, and Payton to contribute enough to get us right around 30 wins. And also in the process prevent us from seeing enough of Frank, DSJ, and Knox to make a decision

  14. #2339
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,563
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Iím fully prepared for Bullock, Rivers, Burks, and Payton to contribute enough to get us right around 30 wins. And also in the process prevent us from seeing enough of Frank, DSJ, and Knox to make a decision
    Yeah, this is going to happen. And Thibs knows how to squeeze water out of a rock. He'll get some wins that this team has no business winning - just enough to take us out of the Cade sweepstakes.

  15. #2340
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11,756
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Yeah, this is going to happen. And Thibs knows how to squeeze water out of a rock. He'll get some wins that this team has no business winning - just enough to take us out of the Cade sweepstakes.
    Heís going to have them going all out. Any games teams are giving us, heís taking. Thatís why all along, Iíve said just go get players. We arenít going to be bad enough to have odds at a top pick. Might as well have gotten talent that fits now

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •