Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 154 of 246 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 3679
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I donít want Russ here (I do want Randle gone), but I guess if we got him depth chart would basically (hopefully) be something like:

Russ-Burks-RJ-Obi-Mitch
    Frank-Rivers-Bullock-Knox-Noel
    Payton-IQ-Iggy-Spellman

Honestly might be a playoff team in the east, definitely take us out of the top 5-10 pick range next draft. I donít know, guess weíll wait & see.
    Canít afford that no more
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

2020 Offseason & Free Agency Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    being 22 in D1 is a huge difference than being 18-19.

Had Obi declared for the draft at the same age those guys did, he wouldn't of been drafted. He got better staying in college.

But had he declared for the nba at the same age those guys did, He wouldn't of even sniffed the nba.

Point is, those guys still have time on their side.
    Obi could have easily entered the draft after the 2018-19 season (which was his age 20 season) but he would have likely been a 2nd round pick just because of his draft stock was still pretty low. So he did the smart thing and returned to school so he could make more money and have a team invest in him after being a lottery pick.

Simply put, a big reason why these older 2nd round picks fail is because they donít get the same opportunity younger lottery picks do at the NBA level. When they get their opportunity, there is so much pressure to perform or they may never get another shot again. While lottery picks like Knox just get to hang around and get paid for several years in the league because of their ďpotential.Ē
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 11-23-2020 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Canít afford that no more
    Poster above me said Westy for Randle/DSJ works money wise.

Iíd want multiple firsts with that but itís not impossible is it?

Are we at the cap floor yet? If not another move must be coming. Already have a full roster of players trade seems to be likely if the floor still needs to be met.

If we are at the floor you are likely looking at your 2021 NY knicks roster. Without vast development from the youth should be at the top of the lottery again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Poster above me said Westy for Randle/DSJ works money wise.

Iíd want multiple firsts with that but itís not impossible is it?
    Iíd take Russ if we are getting first rounders with him. Especially if they are a year or two away because it seems like harden wonít be there much longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It just seems like a bigger trade is coming either something straight up or a sign and trade.

Guys still out there that want out:
    Westbrook
    Harden
    Wall
    Olidipo
    Brogdan
    Ingram
    Walker

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    It just seems like a bigger trade is coming either something straight up or a sign and trade.

Westbrook
    Harden
    Wall
    Olidipo
    Brogdan
    Ingram
    Walker
    Walker? Kemba Walker? When did he said he wants out?

The way the roster is constructed with the signings and the cap space remaining definitely makes you think Randle and Smith are getting traded but Iím probable being too hopeful. I thought the same thing last year when we signed 5 PFs.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y548gtdd

I think the hornets would need to send 2 1st round picks to the rockets and the Knicks would need to send 1 first rounder. Let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post

Westbrook
    Harden
    Wall
    Olidipo
    Brogdan
    Ingram
    Walker
    Brogdon wants out? Ingram? Walker?

Since when?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    The way the roster is constructed with the signings and the cap space remaining definitely makes you think Randle and Smith are getting traded but Iím probable being too hopeful. I thought the same thing last year when we signed 5 PFs.
    Iím hoping. Thereís way too much in the backcourt right now

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    "Playing the kids" is a nice sentiment but at some point you need to put out a unit that has floor balance and compliments each other for the kids to play well. Putting the kids on the court to play in a mess of a situation without shooting or competent PG play is not good for anyones development, and I would actually argue its BAD for their development and can even make them worse or worse-yet sabotage their careers.

We should not have just gave Frankie the reigns at PG, he is in year 4 and can't dribble inside the arc. That would be horrible for our young bigs who need competent PG play to play off of. Payton isn't the answer which is why we waived him, but he was clearly the best PG left that was willing to come here. And surprisingly Payton/Mitch had some really good splits last year. I think Payton will bring out the best in Obi in the same way. He works well in the 2 man game with bigs which we unfortunately saw last year with Randle........

Which is why Randle needs to go. He thinks this is his team and clearly did not like taking a backseat to RJ last year and won't like taking a backseat to Obi this year. Thibs is going to try and squeeze every win out of this team so the FO needs to dump Randle, I would even waive him if we can't trade him. Take him out of the picture and things are not so bad and there is a path to our young guys playing respectable basketball.

Shooting is still a problem, and RJ does not have good a complimentary piece around him in the backcourt with Payton, no doubt about it, but if you let Payton run with our young bigs I think you'll see them thrive at least.
    Absolutely. My point was not about simply throwing a bunch of first -third year players onto the floor and saying, "Have at it!" It was that you don't need superstars t balance that. Guys like Taj were perfect for that. I think guys like Rivers and even Payton will be good.
    Rivers PG, Quickley SG, Knox SF, Randel PF Mitchell C
    Frank PG, Bullock SG, RJ SF, OBI PF, Noel C

I' m not saying those are specific but you get the gist. You have some veteran presence in the midst of youth. You need guys on the court who can handle pressure with a different mind set and bring a calm to the younger guys.

You don't need a big name to be a guy like that. You need to be a selfless player who is willing to take a chance and be a mentor to younger guys. (Being good is obviously a huge bonus)

Ignorance is bliss

I love Brandon Tierney ever since he was co-host on the Stephen A. Smith show. Having said that, I don't understand his tweet about how GM Scott Perry is making all these amazing trades for second round picks.

Bro, Scott Perry is a nickel and dime GM. While OKC has about 30 first round picks and the Pelicans have about 20 first round picks and a nucleus....Scott Perry is all proud that the Knicks have 6 second round picks during this off-season.

Who is going to take those picks?

Does Leon Rose know, this guy has done a miserable job every where he's gone? And it takes the franchise an additional 3-5 years to undo his dumb trade down for lesser talent.

The NBA is a STAR sport. Sure, every now and then a Kawhi comes around...but the transcendental players they are almost always top 5.

The Knicks look like a team that will win no more than 10 games. This BETTER be the year they win the lottery and get Cade Cunningham or it's another repeat of the previous Front Office(s).

I wish we do the Wall trade plus assets or even the Westbrook trade plus assets. Both teams look like will be hitting the rebuild button within a year or 2.

The Knicks traded Ed Davis for 2 second round picks and Omari Spellman and Jacob Evans. Does this deserve its own thread?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.