Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 134 of 246 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 3679
    i cant believe we're sitting here again a year later trying to incorporate Randle & Payton into lineups, and having signed and drafted 3 more bigs and no PG despite having 3 picks in a drafted loaded with PG;s.

I had better hopes for this new regime.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    i cant believe we're sitting here again a year later trying to incorporate Randle & Payton into lineups, and having signed and drafted 3 more bigs and no PG despite having 3 picks in a drafted loaded with PG;s.

It’s crazy. I really can’t see any excuse for it. Another year of us constantly saying “well, we need to see what RJ can do with a real lineup” or “we need to see what Mitch can do with some better players near him, and a good team system”

We are again among the worst shooting, and talent level teams in the league, and all the guys everyone doesn’t want, had no problem getting paid. And we are here with scraps

But let’s keep hoping to draft a savior, and have some stars take all this cap we are saving up

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

We did draft a PG, just not the one you wanted late in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I refuse to believe Randle will be here.

I don't think it's crazy to think Obi will start even if Randle is here though. Top 10 picks always get their shot, especially guys like Obi who are NBA ready and not considered projects. I understand it's Thibs we are talking about, but I honestly do think Obi will start even with Randle here, because Obi was a guy we just drafted top 10 and almost traded up for and is clearly a centerpiece until proven otherwise, while Randle is gone at first chance. I'll give Thibs more credit than that. Randle will get plenty of burn though if he is here and that's a problem.
    I think we will show case Randle. While he is no Morris he just needs to play well enough to convince a fringed contender or legit contender he can be a rotational tool.

While we know he is a black hole, we just need a team to think 1 in every so many games he can carry the 2nd unit for stretches.

We won’t get a huge amount for him but any asset is an asset. Maybe a contender thinks their pick will be late enough to warrant a 1st though.

It's a shame really, no excuses!!

You think Quickly can develop into a true point guard? I like him but don't see how we can pass on Flynn. We probably could of gotten both lol

Quickly isn't listed as a PG and didn't play PG in college, he averaged 1.5apg.

maybe he turns into one but he's def much more of a SG, it's a reach to say we drafted a PG.

Trying to mix as much shooting as possible into the lineups I would run something like this out there:

Payton - Bullock - RJ - Obi - Mitch
    Frank - Burks - Iggy - Knox - Noel

Quickly has a chance to fight for the backup PG spot if Frankie doesn't take it. Plenty of shooting in the second unit.
    I like it but I think you have to play Randle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    I think we will show case Randle. While he is no Morris he just needs to play well enough to convince a fringed contender or legit contender he can be a rotational tool.

While we know he is a black hole, we just need a team to think 1 in every so many games he can carry the 2nd unit for stretches.

We won’t get a huge amount for him but any asset is an asset. Maybe a contender thinks their pick will be late enough to warrant a 1st though.
    Show case Randle? That means a lot less minutes/touches for everyone. And you really think teams don’t know what he is?

Could have had a potential franchise point guard if the FO tanked properly instead of trying to boost the careers of Morris, Randle, and co.

Scott Perry being a G.M. of an NBA team at least inspires me knowing that I can achieve upper echelon positions in this world while effectively having no talent or intelligence.

I don't think we should sacrifice the development of all of our young guys to showcase Randle so we can maybe get a late 1st or two 2nds before he goes somewhere else. I really think his fit on this team is THAT bad. He shifts everyone else out of place and it has negative downstream effects all over the starting lineup and bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Letsgo2020 View Post
    You think Quickly can develop into a true point guard? I like him but don't see how we can pass on Flynn. We probably could of gotten both lol
    Based on what I've read I do. You see it with college guards all the time ala Westbrook, who play next to another PG. Why can't he play like FVV does off the bench? I'm not projecting him as a starter, more of a shooting PG who ideally is playing off a couple creators which in our case would be RJ and Obi. I'm not saying I think he's a legit starter, but I think he can be a shooting PG in this league.

I would cut Randle, i.e. addition by subtraction. He's not so good that you would want him to actually be a part of your team long term or even trade for him but he's good enough to add unnecessary wins and drop your draft stock.

Question..

Who are we saving cap for? If we subtract the idea we might get something like Kawhi and Giannis, which is never happening. I like the guys we are passing on better than the guys we might get desperate and pay. A lot of names, but not a lot of them I think make sense here

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    I would cut Randle, i.e. addition by subtraction. He's not so good that you would want him to actually be a part of your team long term or even trade for him but he's good enough to add unnecessary wins and drop your draft stock.
    This is a good idea. Better than paying a team second round picks to take him off our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Question..

Who are we saving cap for? If we subtract the idea we might get something like Kawhi and Giannis, which is never happening. I like the guys we are passing on better than the guys we might get desperate and pay. A lot of names, but not a lot of them I think make sense here
    THJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.