Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 191 of 246 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 3679
    https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status...680458242?s=20

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

I can tell Jalen Suggs is already ranked too low by most draft experts.

(P.S. - Yes, we already need a 2021 NBA Draft thread.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post

So we can start talking about all the players we will either miss, or pass on. Should just have a special draft that only has Power Forwards

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    So we can start talking about all the players we will either miss, or pass on. Should just have a special draft that only has Power Forwards
    I'm ready to be hurt again.

I'm ready to be hurt again.
    Although, I joke. But Iíd have drafted Deni and played him at PF. Not a traditional one though

Although, I joke. But Iíd have drafted Deni and played him at PF. Not a traditional one though
    Same. Or I would've taken Haliburton and lived with his low ceiling.

But I'm warming to Obi. It's hard not to like him - seems like a really good dude. I'm willing to give him a chance to prove everyone wrong about his defense and low-volume 3 point shooting.

Why did we hard-cap ourselves to acquire the draft rights of a 33 year old PG?

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Why did we hard-cap ourselves to acquire the draft rights of a 33 year old PG?
    The hard cap line is like $138M. We're not hitting that.

And it was just to get creative, potentially get more cap space for a trade, and acquire draft rights to int'l players that can be used in later trades.

Same. Or I would've taken Haliburton and lived with his low ceiling.

But I'm warming to Obi. It's hard not to like him - seems like a really good dude. I'm willing to give him a chance to prove everyone wrong about his defense and low-volume 3 point shooting.
    Yeah he does. It was never that I hate him, or think heís a bum. Just gonna sit back and see what happens.

Yeah he looked good yesterday. Normally by now we would have a draft thread.

The hard cap line is like $138M. We're not hitting that.

And it was just to get creative, potentially get more cap space for a trade, and acquire draft rights to int'l players that can be used in later trades.
    You mean the draft rights to the international players who are all 33 or older? Wouldnít hard-capping ourselves actually be detrimental to how creative/flexible we can be going forward?

If we lose an opportunity to acquire someone in the near future/mid-season because we canít make it work financially due to hard-capping ourselves to sign Rivers, Iím going to lose it. That would be the most Knicks thing ever.

You mean the draft rights to the international players who are all 33 or older? Wouldnít hard-capping ourselves actually be detrimental to how creative/flexible we can be going forward?

If we lose an opportunity to acquire someone in the near future/mid-season because we canít make it work financially due to hard-capping ourselves to sign Rivers, Iím going to lose it. That would be the most Knicks thing ever.
    Arenít we still 20M under the cap?

What are you talking about? How are the Knicks hard capped? Theyíre not even at the cap floor yet.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    What are you talking about? How are the Knicks hard capped? Theyíre not even at the cap floor yet.
    UPDATED KNICKS CAP

By acquiring Austin Rivers via sign-and-trade, the Knicks are now hard capped at the apron ($138.9MM)

Until the Payton signing becomes official, they have ~$23.6MM in remaining cap space (+ $4.8MM Room Exception)