Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 186 of 246 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 3679
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I keep seeing you say we need to see Obi play first, before talking about what he can and can’t do. Couldn’t he also just suck? Or not be anywhere near this “nba ready” guy
    Lol... you think Obi sucks, the college player of the year and most athletic guy in college that shot 39% from 3 but you want to tank for Cade Cunningham? Ridiculous logic

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Lol... you think Obi sucks, the college player of the year and most athletic guy in college that shot 39% from 3 but you want to tank for Cade Cunningham? Ridiculous logic
    What’s more ridiculous, is you saying 2 things I didn’t say.

I didn’t say I think he sucks, or he will suck. Or did I say I want to tank. But it’s funny everyone thinks he’s automatically a beast. But if you mention one thing that he’s possibly not good at, you get told “can’t we wait until he plays a game”.

For the record, me disliking the pick never meant I think he’s terrible

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    It was his first game lol he’s 100% going to be a beast. The team around him is trash. They missed 4 wide open shots off his passes. He started very slow I saw a ton from him. He’ll get better as the season goes on and he shakes off the rust
    Oh he did play well but he didn't look like a point guard. In the NBA I guarantee you he is a 2 or a 3. I don't see him being any better than another Kelly Oubre who is a very good NBA player but no where near generational like folks in the media want you to believe.

He won't be better than RJ

Oh he did play well but he didn't look like a point guard. In the NBA I guarantee you he is a 2 or a 3. I don't see him being any better than another Kelly Oubre who is a very good NBA player but no where near generational like folks in the media want you to believe.

You were all over here talking about how Zion was all hype. Dude was going to be a bust, RJ should have been #1. Zion can’t do things like he did in college, to pros. “Don’t believe what the media tells you”

Never forget
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-25-2020 at 09:44 PM.

How many games of his have you watched?

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Nothing wrong with being ball-dominant when you’re the goat at offensive efficiency and volume.
    This was Melo in his prime, remember how it end up when we got him??

Just so you guys know, RJ Barrett just 3 years ago was also dubbed the next generational talent in what was supposed to be an epic draft.

Fast forward to reality, RJ has potential to be an all-star with a lot of work and that draft really only had 3 players worth mentioning. The media has to paint a picture of greatness to keep your attention. The media didn't get to see this class play in the tournament but it's plenty of footage for the eye test among people who know good basketball.

Obi is going to be good right away with the spacing in the NBA. Not much zone defense and no double teams which he saw in college. RJ also looked good at the beginning of the season until Fiz went into save my job mode and Payton started playing 2 man ball with Randle.

My point is how many times are Knicks fans going to fall for the next big thing line? I bet you guys buy every new gadget you see on TV too? Hey look, RJ Barrett is the next generational player... oh boy

https://youtu.be/DasAgEzm4Z8

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    How many games of his have you watched?
    This is the first college game of the season.

I saw plenty of footage of him in high school and he dominated mainly because of his size at the position. But if his handle doesn't get tighter he is going to be exposed when he plays the top programs in college. His defense is complete trash as well. Some totally unranked kid named Wells from UTA dropped 21 on Cade today because Cade couldn't keep up with him. Cade is a 2-3 on the next level who can't guard the 1 guard.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Harden for sure makes the playoffs out east but yeah that’s awful I wouldn’t do that either
    By himself?

1. Boston
    2. Atlanta
    3. Milwaukee
    4. Philly
    5. Toronto
    6. Brooklyn
    7. Indiana
    8. Miami

Can’t see us leaping any of those teams even with Harden by himself. Then you have teams like Charlotte (who improved), Washington (Wall return) and Orlando (playoff team) who could be in the mix as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sharqstealth View Post
    This was Melo in his prime, remember how it end up when we got him??
    Melo was NEVER close to being the goat at offensive efficiency. He was good volume scorer, not a great one. And unlike Melo, Harden is a playmaker for others even though he looks for his shot first.

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    By himself?

1. Boston
    2. Atlanta
    3. Milwaukee
    4. Philly
    5. Toronto
    6. Brooklyn
    7. Indiana
    8. Miami

Can’t see us leaping any of those teams even with Harden by himself. Then you have teams like Charlotte (who improved), Washington (Wall return) and Orlando (playoff team) who could be in the mix as well.
    I hope that list isn’t in order. No chance Atlanta gets the #2 seed. They are still in the hunt until proven otherwise as far as I’m concerned.

I also think we could easily push out a team like Indiana. But the point is, getting a legitimate elite superstar like Harden is a win whether we make the playoffs this year or not. That’s the hardest piece of the puzzle to find. We never have that star power to lure FAs.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    You were all over here talking about how Zion was all hype. Dude was going to be a bust, RJ should have been #1. Zion can’t do things like he did in college, to pros. “Don’t believe what the media tells you”

Never forget
    Doncic and Simmons also...

We can’t forget that either lol

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I hope that list isn’t in order. No chance Atlanta gets the #2 seed. They are still in the hunt until proven otherwise as far as I’m concerned.

I also think we could easily push out a team like Indiana. But the point is, getting a legitimate elite superstar like Harden is a win whether we make the playoffs this year or not. That’s the hardest piece of the puzzle to find. We never have that star power to lure FAs.
    List isn’t in order and we wouldn’t be better than any of those teams. We’d be trading half of our team and significant draft assets for the chance to be sucked out of any consistent success, it would be trading for Melo all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    More 2nd rounders incoming

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk