Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 167 of 246 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 3679
    This plan of tanking and having cap space in a silly attempt of signing Giannis is never ever going to work. Until this franchise starts fielding a team that can compete, we will never be able to sign anyone.

I absolutely hate what we did this offseason. We hired a win now HC, yet we didn't give him a roster who can win. We drafted an NBA ready player, yet he'll be stuck on the bench behind Randle and we still have no PG. If the objective was to tank, common sense says developing Barrett and Toppin would be high on the priority list, yet we signed guards like Burks and Rivers LOL. Neither of them are PGs! Both are gunners and will have no incentive to get the kids the ball in a contract year.

Just overall stupid, shortsighted and awful moves. F minus.

Quote Originally Posted by beagleboss View Post
    This plan of tanking and having cap space in a silly attempt of signing Giannis is never ever going to work. Until this franchise starts fielding a team that can compete, we will never be able to sign anyone.

I absolutely hate what we did this offseason. We hired a win now HC, yet we didn't give him a roster who can win. We drafted an NBA ready player, yet he'll be stuck on the bench behind Randle and we still have no PG. If the objective was to tank, common sense says developing Barrett and Toppin would be high on the priority list, yet we signed guards like Burks and Rivers LOL. Neither of them are PGs! Both are gunners and will have no incentive to get the kids the ball in a contract year.

Not only is there no plan to tank but there's never been a plan to tank. Maybe some have it confused but it's not called tanking, it's called building APPROPRIATELY without relying on FA's to save the day. Knicks still need a franchise player because it's not clear if RJ or Mitch are... and until RJ actually learns to share the ball, this team will never be his.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Not only is there no plan to tank but there's never been a plan to tank. Maybe some have it confused but it's not called tanking, it's called building APPROPRIATELY without relying on FA's to save the day. Knicks still need a franchise player because it's not clear if RJ or Mitch are... and until RJ actually learns to share the ball, this team will never be his.
    Thatís why things have taken so long. Combination of missing elite talent AND bad FA signings, or not even being interested in the right ones. Better hope we luck out in the next draft, or itís going to be another few wasted years

I believe that the objective is to give competitiveness to young Knicks.

Frank / DSJ / Quickley have to beat Payton / Rivers / Burkes for minutes.

Barrett has to show that he can be our franchise player, and I think he'll have time and shots for that. Bullock is you backup.

Toppin / Knox start after Randle, but working to take over when he leaves or at 2021.

And Mitch has a similar rival in Noel. It will have to evolve or it can also be used in a negotiation.

Young team, space for two maximus contracts, one high pick and one intermediate...

2021 will be very interesting !!!

2020 Offseason & Free Agency Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    I agree. for the life of me I canít understand why so many people want a SF that canít shoot or finish well to have the ball in his hand 100% of the time. Even if JR becomes an all star I donít see him being that type of player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 11-24-2020 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Another interesting team, Pelicans.
    They have Lonzo Ball, Eric Bledsoe, Kira Lewis Jr.
    Once Ingram signs theyíll be like 18 million+ over the 109 cap. Does it make sense to keep Lonzo and Bledsoe?

Quote Originally Posted by beagleboss View Post

When it comes to the knicks theyíll always be chasing free agents whether itís the right approach or not. It started with Walsh, where the idiot told the world what he was going to do. He ONLY concentrated on free agency in 2010 and failed at everything else. Phil Jackson did pretty much the same thing. He made an excellent pick in KP, but the rest of his plan all revolved around free agency. Mills and Perry lied to everyone about ďbuilding the right wayĒ, ďno short cutsĒ. People thought I was crazy when I said that they would go after kd and probably trade porzingis. But they ended up doing that.

Right now itís roseís turn. Heís saving every penny for next year and heís accumulating assets for a potential trade. Donít be surprised if he trades Barrett and Robinson. For some reason I think rose might pull it off unlike the previous gmís. I think he has a plan and he probably has some inside knowledge of what some these superstars thinking and what they want. Hopefully it finally works out for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I agree with I for the life of me canít understand why so many people with a SF that canít shoot or finish well should have the ball in his hand 100% of the time. Even if JR becomes an all star I donít see him being that type of player

I agree. I see him as a nice #2/3 scorer, secondary ballhandler/playmaker

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I agree. I see him as a nice #2/3 scorer, secondary ballhandler/playmaker
    A #2 scorer should most definitely have the ball in his hands a lot on this poor Knicks team. Most #2 scorers are #1s on bad/mediocre teams until they find themselves on a contender playing next to a top 5-10 player. I think we would all be thrilled if RJ turns out to be a legitimate #2 in this league. And if he is he should be the #1 on this team until someone better comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by nysportsfan23 View Post
    Another interesting team, Pelicans.
    They have Lonzo Ball, Eric Bledsoe, Kira Lewis Jr.
    Once Ingram signs theyíll be like 18 million+ over the 109 cap. Does it make sense to keep Lonzo and Bledsoe?

Iím sure theyíd love to trade Bledsoe
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

2020 Offseason & Free Agency Thread

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...wga-story.html

How Dennis Smith Jr. is fixing his jumper

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    A #2 scorer should most definitely have the ball in his hands a lot on this poor Knicks team. Most #2 scorers are #1s on bad/mediocre teams until they find themselves on a contender playing next to a top 5-10 player. I think we would all be thrilled if RJ turns out to be a legitimate #2 in this league. And if he is he should be the #1 on this team until someone better comes along.
    I threw the #2 in there lol. I agree, hope he gets there. More likely a #3. I do think he should be treated as our #1. If heís underwhelming, our rebuild is going to need a rebuild

Finally remembered my password for this damn site after years. Anyways hereís my depth chart this year assuming no more moves are made.

Pg. Payton-Rivers-DSJ-Harper
    Sg. RJ-Burks-Quickley-Evans
    Sf. Bullock-Frank-Iggy-Powell
    Pf. Randle-Toppin-Spellman
    C. Mitch-Nerlens

At the Point I think we signed Payton back for a reason. Heís the most consistent of the bunch. Thibs likes playmakers at the point which is why Rivers will run the 2nd unit at the point. Quickley may get some minutes here down the road, love his shooting and hope he can break into some minutes at the 1 and 2.

At the 2 RJ will need to find comfort in his go to role. Randle and Payton struggled last year in letting RJ work when he had clear mismatches. Developing chemistry between RJ and Mitch this year needs to be a top priority.

I think the 3 will be the biggest question. I like bullock starting for his off ball and shooting ability. I know burks can shoot but he can spell RJ and be a scoring threat off the bench. Randle and RJ will demand their touches. Burks and rivers should work well together off the bench offensively. The wild card is Frank. I can see him helping at the wing off the bench for defensive purposes. He can sit in the corner and shoot threes if he works on it, honestly canít see where else he fits at the moment. Not hating but....🙄

Randle will be the clear starter at the 4, especially under Thibs as a vet. Wonder how long he stays with the team. With RJ and Payton already struggling to stretch the floor, randles shooting woes will open the door for Obi to eventually step in here. I agree he needs time to develop but being a 4 year rookie he should adjust quickly. Also if Randle is moved, love Spellmans ability to shoot from three and his grit as a backup 4 to Obi.

The 5 is clear Mitch will be starting and Noel off the bench. Extremely solid center rotation here. Spellman and even Obi can see some minutes here as well. Iím really looking forward to seeing the bench unit with Rivers and Burks and their penetration ability with Noel and Obi catching lobs. Obi needs to improve on setting hard screens.

Overall we definitely improved and are trending in the right direction. Not looking playoffs quite yet but love how Leon is handling everything.

I got fooled by this last year when he was posting all these videos of his improved jump shot . I donít doubt that he works on his jumper all the time but when he gets in the game itís like Markelle Fultz. It doesnít help that heís getting booed simultaneously