Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 162 of 246 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 3679
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    This is what I was getting at a few days ago when everyone said "just play the young guys and let the chips fall where they may". If the young guys don't fit well together it's not a good thing to just throw them out there together. It's not good for their individual development and not good for their games collectively.

The young bigs need a PG who can push tempo and actually dribble inside the arc. RJ needs at least one guy on the perimeter who can knock down 3s consistently. If Frank can hit 3s consistently and do more than hand the ball off at the 3 point line he should have no problem at all securing big minutes. If he can't, were gonna need to mix in shooters and yes, Payton will need to be involved for the bigs. He can play the two-man game with big guys well.

At this point playing guys who accentuate RJ, Mitch, and Obi is more important to our core's development than coddling Frank or Knox. Frank and Knox can either step up or fight for a role off the bench if they can't compliment RJ, Mitch, Obi.
    Definitely agree with this. I think part of the reason why RJs stats or at least shooting percentage were bad was because of the players around him. He should improve with more shooters around him.

Dsj and Frank are in their 4th years and Knox is going into his 3rd. They all need to comeout and at least be decent. Theyll get plenty of minutes if they play well. But if they continue to suck, we really shouldnt be losing sleep over them not getting minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Thibs is here to win, it's not crazy to think he'll go to Randle more than Obi.
    As he should to start, Obi is a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Yeah I cant see Burks not starting

Payton is the one move I just cannot get behind so far but whatever, just hope the kids take his spot
    If its up to me Id go rivers- Frank-RJ - obi -Mitch. Let the offense run through RJ and obi. Thats the only way your gonna see what those two can do. Thats actually not bad defensively either . Backup PG would be whoever wins Dsj vs Payton burks Bullock Knox Noel. Get Randle up out of here and let Knox play 25 mins a night. Best case he shows flashes worst case were losing a ton of games which turns out to be a top pick. Cade/RJ/Obi/Mitch is a young core to be excited about hopefully
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    As he should to start, Obi is a rookie.
    Who cares if hes a rookie. Hes the future he needs to get 30 minutes a night
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Agreed. How many minutes did Donovan Mitchell get as a rookie?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    This is what I was getting at a few days ago when everyone said "just play the young guys and let the chips fall where they may". If the young guys don't fit well together it's not a good thing to just throw them out there together. It's not good for their individual development and not good for their games collectively.

The young bigs need a PG who can push tempo and actually dribble inside the arc. RJ needs at least one guy on the perimeter who can knock down 3s consistently. If Frank can hit 3s consistently and do more than hand the ball off at the 3 point line he should have no problem at all securing big minutes. If he can't, were gonna need to mix in shooters and yes, Payton will need to be involved for the bigs. He can play the two-man game with big guys well.

At this point playing guys who accentuate RJ, Mitch, and Obi is more important to our core's development than coddling Frank or Knox. Frank and Knox can either step up or fight for a role off the bench if they can't compliment RJ, Mitch, Obi.
    Agreed

Cant tell if this is sarcastic lol, but if it isn't I haven't seen the guy play outside of highlight reels. I assume there will be a learning curve and I also safely assume Randle is better right now.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Agreed. How many minutes did Donovan Mitchell get as a rookie?
    34. 71 starts
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Cant tell if this is sarcastic lol, but if it isn't I haven't seen the guy play outside of highlight reels. I assume there will be a learning curve and I also safely assume Randle is better right now.
    It doesnt matter. Randle has 0 future here. Obi is a guy they love and they think shoulda been a top 5 pick. Hes also 22 hes ready to play. Yes there will be a learning curve but you need to play your youth. How are they gonna get better without playing
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Keep in mind there might not be a gleague this year.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

It doesnt matter. Randle has 0 future here. Obi is a guy they love and they think shoulda been a top 5 pick. Hes also 22 hes ready to play. Yes there will be a learning curve but you need to play your youth. How are they gonna get better without playing
    Okay so you weren't being sarcastic. Get ready to pull your hair out then. Then isn't 30 minutes for him on the roster opening night.

Keep in mind there might not be a gleague this year.
    Damn so they not gonna have a G league and those guys wont get paid?

Okay so you weren't being sarcastic. Get ready to pull your hair out then. Then isn't 30 minutes for him on the roster opening night.
    Personally I wont be surprised if youre right, and I absolutely will be pulling the little remaining of my hair out watching Payton feed Randle all night while icing RJ out and Obi watches from the bench while we lose by 30.

But it was so fun last year I understand why the FO would decide to run it back for their beloved fanbase lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Yeah Burks is definitely our starting two guard going into the season imo.

Guess well once again see between DSJ/Frank/Payton who can win the starting job. Guessing Payton has a leg up going in but hoping one of the youngsters takes it from him.
    I guarantee you Austin Rivers starts at PG. He is the most experienced and was a heavy rotation player with Houston. He has played in the playoffs most of his career. Payton was just an insurance plan.

Rivers
    Burks
    RJ
    Randle
    Mitch

That's the starting lineup unless Obi is absolutely dominanting in training camp.

He will get 30 minutes per just like Knox did as a rookie but off the bench. He also has better talent around him and much better coaching than Knox had.

People are overlooking the impact Woody will have on this team on offense. He had everybody in position to shoot well on that 54 win team. Kidd and Chandler were just washed by then.

Woody's offense and Thibs defense this team will be 8-10th seed and play in the new pre-playoff tournament. That should be exciting!

Sorry Knicks fans but I think Leon Rose gave Thibs enough talent where there won't be any tanking.

Rivers
    Burks
    Obi
    Noel
    Spellman

All upgrades from what they put on the floor last season.... plus 2 proven coaches