Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 160 of 246 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 3679
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I've got no issue with Burks or Noel whatsoever. Burks provides the shooting we needed to give RJ some breathing room, and is a movable piece at the deadline. Noel is a nice, young center who allows us to play the same way even when Mitch gets in foul trouble. Perfect.

Payton and Rivers are a different story. Neither can shoot. Neither really play defense. Neither have any trade value whatsoever. They are just going to take time away from our young guys and probably contribute to 2 or 3 wins this season that ultimately destroys our lottery standing.
    Exactly this

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Itís not any of them individually. Burks is fine, but did we need Rivers too? Noel is whatever, need some big depth
    i agree. Burks is a Dot replacement, it's fine.

Noel is replacing Taj, fine.

even Spellman provides something unique as a floor spacing big.

but Payton? And Rivers with Payton, DSJR & Frank here?

Just makes no sense, a mishmash of players that 1) don't fit, 2) don't have any upside, & 3) are most likely not long term pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Thibs is here to win, it's not crazy to think he'll go to Randle more than Obi.
    Iím sure thibs knows the deal. He didnít exactly sign with the lakers. He couldíve even gone to Brooklyn, they have a decent team. He knew our roster and Iím sure rose shared his plans with him before he took the job or else it would the Larry brown situation all over again.

Thibs will make the team play hard, play good defense, and play the right way. But at the end of the day he knows this team is not winning much. He might play the veterans more at the start of the season to raise their values and see if we can trade them for picks. But if rose tells him to play Obi and IQ heíll play them.

ultimately I worry about Randle, Payton and Burks playing over guys like Obi, Knox & Frank b/c they are slightly better NOW.
    That's a coaching/management issue, not a player issue.

Itís not any of them individually. Burks is fine, but did we need Rivers too? He really doesnít fix any issues, just another meh option thatís not really a pg.

Noel is whatever, need some big depth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I've got no issue with Burks or Noel whatsoever. Burks provides the shooting we needed to give RJ some breathing room, and is a movable piece at the deadline. Noel is a nice, young center who allows us to play the same way even when Mitch gets in foul trouble. Perfect.

Payton and Rivers are a different story. Neither can shoot. Neither really play defense. Neither have any trade value whatsoever. They are just going to take time away from our young guys and probably contribute to 2 or 3 wins this season that ultimately destroys our lottery standing.
    Got it. I mean I think Rivers can be a decent bench piece. Heís basically been exactly that for contending teams the last several years. Also Rivers is at least an average shooter, even on pull ups. Defenses have to respect him so he does provide spacing. Payton is obviously a completely different story.

Just makes no sense, a mishmash of players that 1) don't fit, 2) don't have any upside, & 3) are most likely not long term pieces.
    I donít even mind Burks. I wouldnít have hated more than one year. Heís likely our best shooter.

The reason why they may not have an issue with that is because they may think that the same applies to DSJ and Frank who will both be RFAs at the end of the season.

If we are trying to be awful, which it seems we are, then why not go all in and embrace it. Let the kids play, instead of fighting for it, and going back and forth between bench and 20 minutes a game. Or taking half a season or more to get a real chance. Thereís too many similar level guys, and too many guys on the end of deals. Itís like last season, where there was constant mentions of guys not having/knowing their role. It was preferable for me to actually go get real talent. But if thatís not happening, we are Now stuck right in the middle again

Iím not high on our youth, but letís see what they are. Are they keepers on the cheap, are they even worth a QO?
    There is more to it than that. People don't simply improve because they "Got to play" - there is a reason why some teams can groom talent and have solid player development, and why others just throw their rookie out there to only see them take the weight of the franchise on their shoulders, get burned out, lose confidence, and their once-promising career is on the rocks. Not every lottery pick can step out there and do that, it takes special players.

No, you can't just hand the keys over to every rookie and "let the kids play" especially when you have a history of failed player development.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggie View Post
    There is more to it than that. People don't simply improve because they "Got to play" - there is a reason why some teams can groom talent and have solid player development, and why others who just throw their rookie out there to only see them get burned out, lose confidence, and their once-promising career is on the rocks.

No, you can't just hand the keys over to every rookie and "let the kids play" especially when you have a history of failed player development.
    I agree with all that. Iíve said it myself in the past. But why put so many roadblocks in the way? And these guys are all in the league a few years. Shouldnít have waited until year 3/4 to decide if they are any good.

Especially since we are avoiding aggressive pursuit of real pros

Knicks looking into trading Frank and what to Charlotte for Rozier

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    link?

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    That was fake.

link?
    **** it was a fake Macri account. I was going to be pissed. I want to keep Frank like Trump wants to keep the presidency.

don;t mess with my emotions

I agree with all that. Iíve said it myself in the past. But why put so many roadblocks in the way? And these guys are all in the league a few years. Shouldnít have waited until year 3/4 to decide if they are any good.

Especially since we are avoiding aggressive pursuit of real pros
    I agree. Usually, if a player hasn't broken out by the end of their rookie contract, they will probably be a rotation player at best. There is literally no issue in having Randle here this year until the trading deadline at least to ease Obi into that role. We all know Randle isn't here for the long-run, but it isn't going to hurt Obi's development coming off the bench for part of his first season.