Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 159 of 246 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3679
  1. #2371
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    7,290
    So silly they are all out their for themselves. Lol fans are nuts. Do you think Dennis Smith Jr isn't about to put the most effort into basketball he ever has in his life?? Remember even these guys are on 1 yr deals and trying to get paid. Frank too.

    And we can afford anyone who steps up, so there is that. It's a good situation they have every opportunity to step and secure long term deals. This is try #4. for both

  2. #2372
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    7,290
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    ultimately I worry about Randle, Payton and Burks playing over guys like Obi, Knox & Frank b/c they are slightly better NOW.
    Are you really worried about the development/playing time of the first rookie lottery pick the new regime drafted. It's crazy how low the bar is for the FO. Easy bet that no one will get in Obi's way.

  3. #2373
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11,756
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I don't understand...first there were too many bigs, now there are too many guards and wings?

    People were already freaking out about them drafting Obi and signing Noel and didn't understand the concept of Ed Davis being a salary dump.

    Now they literally only have 4 bigs on the entire roster and it's a problem. I don't get it. Sorry, I don't agree with all of their moves, but the complaints coming from every angle regardless of what they do shows that they can't win with fans.

    There are also 15 players on a roster, so if it were evenly distributed, they would still have three players at each position, so I'm not understanding what the issue is.

    Frank, DSJ, and Knox are at a point where they need to beat out those guys. If they can't too bad. I don't think the Knicks are focused on them until they prove themselves. They are moving forward with Mitch, Obi, and RJ. Everyone else is up in the air whether we agree with that or not.
    If we are trying to be awful, which it seems we are, then why not go all in and embrace it. Let the kids play, instead of fighting for it, and going back and forth between bench and 20 minutes a game. Or taking half a season or more to get a real chance. Thereís too many similar level guys, and too many guys on the end of deals. Itís like last season, where there was constant mentions of guys not having/knowing their role. It was preferable for me to actually go get real talent. But if thatís not happening, we are Now stuck right in the middle again

    Iím not high on our youth, but letís see what they are. Are they keepers on the cheap, are they even worth a QO?

  4. #2374
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    35,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Are you really worried about the development/playing time of the first rookie lottery pick the new regime drafted. It's crazy how low the bar is for the FO. Easy bet that no one will get in Obi's way.
    Thibs is here to win, it's not crazy to think he'll go to Randle more than Obi.

  5. #2375
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    So silly they are all out their for themselves. Lol fans are nuts. Do you think Dennis Smith Jr isn't about to put the most effort into basketball he ever has in his life?? Remember even these guys are on 1 yr deals and trying to get paid. Frank too.

    And we can afford anyone who steps up, so there is that. It's a good situation they have every opportunity to step and secure long term deals. This is try #4. for both
    The whole roster can essentially be released after this season except Obi and RJ. They all have options, are hitting restricted free agency or unrestricted free agency.

    Thatís why I keep pointing out that this is a blank canvas. Rose has been here for a few months and opted to keep it a blank canvas. We have no idea what he wants to do yet. With the reactions to this offseason, you would think he was here for years doing the same things over and over again.

  6. #2376
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,415
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Haliburton isnt any better with the ball in his hands than frank or RJ though.

    He offers next to nothing for us.

    Everything you want haliburton to do, quickly is better at.
    Hali fell because only 3 teams needed a PG in the top 10, and only two of them drafted one. Also, Quickly was a mid/late second round talent that we reached for... there were way better options ahead of him, but sure... the Knicks have a history of drafting sleepers...

  7. #2377
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,956
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    If we are trying to be awful, which it seems we are, then why not go all in and embrace it. Let the kids play, instead of fighting for it, and going back and forth between bench and 20 minutes a game. Or taking half a season or more to get a real chance. Thereís too many similar level guys, and too many guys on the end of deals. Itís like last season, where there was constant mentions of guys not having/knowing their role. It was preferable for me to actually go get real talent. But if thatís not happening, we are Now stuck right in the middle again

    Iím not high on our youth, but letís see what they are. Are they keepers on the cheap, are they even worth a QO?
    I agree when it comes to Payton. I donít think Burks (shooting) and Noel (backup big) are issues. The young players on the team donít provide either of those things.
    Last edited by smood999; 11-23-2020 at 02:51 PM.

  8. #2378
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Yeah, this is going to happen. And Thibs knows how to squeeze water out of a rock. He'll get some wins that this team has no business winning - just enough to take us out of the Cade sweepstakes.
    We sure about that? He didn't do much with a team that had KAT, Wiggins and Butler, all of which at the time were better than anyone on our current roster.

  9. #2379
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,956
    Weíve argued that Mitch and RJ need shooters around them, but if Frank still canít shoot and Thibs decides to play Burks or Bullock over him, itís still a problem.

    We canít have it both ways.

  10. #2380
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    I am not certain Dennis needs playing time. He needs to play well to start, then we can talk about extra minutes. Quickley let's see. Of the three I'd say Frank is the mostly likely to carve himself out a proper role. New season gives everyone a chance, so not writing him off but I don't see it for Dennis.
    We seem to have this conversation every year. Not all of these guys that we signed are going to get playing time. We have to fill out a 15 man roster.

    I agree with you on DSJ, he had such an awful year last year, he needs to earn minutes.

    Frank will get his usual 23-25 mpg, but it wonít be necessary at point guard. This is his 4th year now, I think he has to take at least a small step forward or else this might be it for him.

  11. #2381
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggie View Post
    We sure about that? He didn't do much with a team that had KAT, Wiggins and Butler, all of which at the time were better than anyone on our current roster.
    They were close to a 50 win team and probably wouldíve gotten there if it werenít for injuries.

  12. #2382
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggie View Post
    We sure about that? He didn't do much with a team that had KAT, Wiggins and Butler, all of which at the time were better than anyone on our current roster.
    Having the Timberwolves at a 3 seed in the West before Butler got hurt and making the playoffs for the first time in god knows when counts for nothing?

  13. #2383
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11,756
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I agree when it comes to Payton. I donít think Burks (shooting) and Noel (backup big) are issues. The young players on the team donít provide either of those things.
    Itís not any of them individually. Burks is fine, but did we need Rivers too? He really doesnít fix any issues, just another meh option thatís not really a pg.

    Noel is whatever, need some big depth.

  14. #2384
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,563
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I agree when it comes to Payton. I donít think Burks (shooting) and Noel (backup big) are issues. The young players on the team donít provide either of those things.
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Weíve argued that Mitch and RJ need shooters around them, but if Frank still canít shoot and Thibs decides to play Burks or Bullock over him, itís still a problem.

    We canít have it both ways.
    I've got no issue with Burks or Noel whatsoever. Burks provides the shooting we needed to give RJ some breathing room, and is a movable piece at the deadline. Noel is a nice, young center who allows us to play the same way even when Mitch gets in foul trouble. Perfect.

    Payton and Rivers are a different story. Neither can shoot. Neither really play defense. Neither have any trade value whatsoever. They are just going to take time away from our young guys and probably contribute to 2 or 3 wins this season that ultimately destroys our lottery standing.

  15. #2385
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,415
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    The best case scenario for us is Toppin competing or winning ROY, RJ taking a big step forward, and landing the #1 and drafting Cade Cunningham. If those 3 things happen, or at minimum the first two and still getting a highly ranked prospect, I can see Kahwi and another max then being interested in coming here to stay away from having to face the Lakers before the finals.

    That's about it. If RJ averages 14 again with inefficient scoring, and Toppin doesn't play enough to have a big rookie season, or plays and just doesn't do well, next years free agency will be a repeat. No one will come here.
    Kawahi left a winning team that could have run it back to go home to LAX, but sure... the Knicks will lure him over here, we have a fantastic track record of doing that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •