Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 158 of 246 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 3679
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I think Payton, Frank, DSJ, Rivers can all play PG in spurts

Frank, Bullock, Rivers, Burks, RJ at the 2

Frank, Bullock, Burks, Knox, RJ at the 3

Itís just a big logjam. Iím sure they didnít sign Rivers and Burks to not see the court. Likewise, Iím sure they didnít bring Bullock back to sit. Randle and Obi are taking all the minutes at 4.

Then thereís DSJ and Frank, who we should be getting as much of a look at as possible to see if they are keepers. And Knox, who we need to see if heís a total bust or not. Thatís not even mentioning Quickley yet

Way too tight, too much competition there. Once again, making things too complicated
    I don't understand...first there were too many bigs, now there are too many guards and wings?

People were already freaking out about them drafting Obi and signing Noel and didn't understand the concept of Ed Davis being a salary dump.

Now they literally only have 4 bigs on the entire roster and it's a problem. I don't get it. Sorry, I don't agree with all of their moves, but the complaints coming from every angle regardless of what they do shows that they can't win with fans.

There are also 15 players on a roster, so if it were evenly distributed, they would still have three players at each position, so I'm not understanding what the issue is.

Frank, DSJ, and Knox are at a point where they need to beat out those guys. If they can't too bad. I don't think the Knicks are focused on them until they prove themselves. They are moving forward with Mitch, Obi, and RJ. Everyone else is up in the air whether we agree with that or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    If there isnít another big deal on the horizon, weíre in a bit of trouble here.

For 4 and 5, we basically have our rotation of Randle, Obi, Mitch and Noel.

For 1-3, youíd guess weíd have 6 rotations players at most. Iíd say RJ, Burks, Payton and Rivers are locks.

And then we have: Frank, DSJ, Harper, Quickley, Bullock, Knox, Iggy, Jacob Evans, and Myles Powell all vying for the additional two rotation spots. Thatís absurd. Too many young guys are going to be sitting on the bench wasting away.
    I don't understand what the alternative is. What is the correct ratio to fill out a 15 man roster? Should they add more bigs so that more people can complain about it? I'm pretty sure last season they were even across the board in terms of positions, but all we heard was "another big man," "another PF," "Knicks need to become modern," etc.

Now they bring in a bunch of guards and wings and it's an issue.
    Last edited by smood999; 11-23-2020 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I don't understand what the alternative is. What is the correct ratio to fill out a 15 man roster?
    I think the balance is fine. Now itís a competition for playing time, with Thibs at the helm im fine with this, let the cream rise to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I think the balance is fine. Now itís a competition for playing time, with Thibs at the helm im fine with this, let the cream rise to the top.
    I would think that, but obviously not everyone feels that way.

The best case scenario for us is Toppin competing or winning ROY, RJ taking a big step forward, and landing the #1 and drafting Cade Cunningham. If those 3 things happen, or at minimum the first two and still getting a highly ranked prospect, I can see Kahwi and another max then being interested in coming here to stay away from having to face the Lakers before the finals.

That's about it. If RJ averages 14 again with inefficient scoring, and Toppin doesn't play enough to have a big rookie season, or plays and just doesn't do well, next years free agency will be a repeat. No one will come here.

I don't understand what the alternative is. What is the correct ratio to fill out a 15 man roster? Should they add more bigs so that more people can complain about it? I'm pretty sure last season they were even across the board in terms of positions, but all we heard was "another big man," "another PF," "Knicks need to become modern," etc.

Agreed bro I think they did a great job this offseason whether people admit it or not we are the new Clippers of the nba meaning no one wants to come here until we draft a star maybe we got one in obi but adding another 1 this draft we set us up for atleast a decade
    Nobody went to the Clippers until they drafted bl a key they were a joke even the great gsw were a joke before the splash brother

We are finally doing things the right way it might take an extra year but it will definitely pay off

The main issue is we have too many guys on expiring contracts taking up minutes. It's one thing if we brought in FVV or Bogs to play 30+ minutes that cut into Frank, DSJ, and Quickley's playing time given that they would be here for the near future.

But it's entirely another thing to bring in Payton, Burks and Rivers for a year to swallow up minutes and play for their next contract.

I understand that Frank, DSJ and Quickley should be able to beat those guys out. But in reality, those guys have been in the NBA for a ton of years. They are what they are, and they know how to play. We know Thibs already defaults to vets, and in a shortened season with limited training camp, that's only going to be exacerbated.

What do you guys think weíll do with Omari spellman? He seems like a useful player. He shot 39% from 3 last year and was a strong finisher. Heís fairly young.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    What do you guys think weíll do with Omari spellman? He seems like a useful player. He shot 39% from 3 last year and was a strong finisher. Heís fairly young.
    Yeah he looks interesting, this roster doesn't seem to be final, but my guess is he starts the year in G league

The main issue is we have too many guys on expiring contracts taking up minutes. It's one thing if we brought in FVV or Bogs to play 30+ minutes that cut into Frank, DSJ, and Quickley's playing time given that they would be here for the near future.

But it's entirely another thing to bring in Payton, Burks and Rivers for a year to swallow up minutes and play for their next contract.

I understand that Frank, DSJ and Quickley should be able to beat those guys out. But in reality, those guys have been in the NBA for a ton of years. They are what they are, and they know how to play. We know Thibs already defaults to vets, and in a shortened season with limited training camp, that's only going to be exacerbated.
    They only brought in Burks and Payton on one year deals. Iím not counting Noel because weíre only discussing the wings and guards right now.

Burks adds much needed shooting and there isnít a PG on the roster that they trust which is why Payton was brought in.

Those players arenít FVV but everyone has reported that he wasnít leaving if Toronto paid him and they did. The Knicks were interested, but itís a two way street. Same for Beasley, Bogdanovic, and Hayward. They canít hold them at gun point and make them sign lol.

I wouldnít have brought back Payton, but the roster spot still has to be filled either way.

I am not certain Dennis needs playing time. He needs to play well to start, then we can talk about extra minutes. Quickley let's see. Of the three I'd say Frank is the mostly likely to carve himself out a proper role. New season gives everyone a chance, so not writing him off but I don't see it for Dennis.

pretty much.

guys on 1 year deals are usually out there for themselves.

And even if Payton is slightly better, more experienced than Frank, he shouldn't be playing over him. Payton is what he is, Frank can take a step forward next year and still be slightly below Payton, but long term Frank is going to be much better. Youth should be priority

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    pretty much.

guys on 1 year deals are usually out there for themselves.

And even if Payton is slightly better, more experienced than Frank, he shouldn't be playing over him. Payton is what he is, Frank can take a step forward next year and still be slightly below Payton, but long term Frank is going to be much better. Youth should be priority
    If Frank takes a step forward, heíll play over him.

ultimately I worry about Randle, Payton and Burks playing over guys like Obi, Knox & Frank b/c they are slightly better NOW.