Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 152 of 246 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 3679
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Whatís wrong with Bullock? Isnít he exactly what we should want in a role player?
    Nothing wrong with him at all. Was just saying I forgot thereís another guy in the mix for minutes at the 2/3

Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    Rivers is not going to be our starting pg, what are yall thinking?
    Haha well admittedly Iíve barely seen him play these last couple of years, I donít watch Houston games really. I thought he was a PG. I saw him live out here in LA a couple times when he was a Clipper and he actually hit some big shots and just played pretty well in general.

I guess if heís a two itíll be him and Burks as our shooting guards unless Quickley earns minutes there. Just hoping either Frank or DSJ (probably Frank) outplays Payton enough leading into the season where Thibs decides to bench Payton.

Again honestly I wouldíve rather seen what Jared Harper could do over watching Payton. Heís just a terrible player to watch imo, canít believe we brought him back. Everything else Iím basically fine with, although Randle truly has got to go.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    I had a suspicion and this signing is making me more suspicious. May be that Houston and Knicks have verbal deal to trade for Westbrook?

Rivers Burks Noel are all pieces that Houston could use around Harden. Add Randle and it gives Houston a heck of a deal for Russ. Plus allows them to keep Covington.
    Trading for Westbrook would be the most Knick thing to do, and that's what sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Haha well admittedly Iíve barely seen him play these last couple of years, I donít watch Houston games really. I thought he was a PG. I saw him live out here in LA a couple times when he was a Clipper and he actually hit some big shots and just played pretty well in general.

I guess if heís a two itíll be him and Burks as our shooting guards unless Quickley earns minutes there. Just hoping either Frank or DSJ (probably Frank) outplays Payton enough leading into the season where Thibs decides to bench Payton.

Again honestly I wouldíve rather seen what Jared Harper could do over watching Payton. Heís just a terrible player to watch imo, canít believe we brought him back. Everything else Iím basically fine with, although Randle truly has got to go.
    Rivers can play pg in small stints he's a combo guard but Ivthibk rivers frank RJ is a good mix in the starting 5

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Right now Obi is the centerpiece of the Rose era. Randle is a lame duck holdover. I get Thibs wants to win but I also donít think he wants to piss off his bosses. My money is on Obi starting, Randle or no Randle.
    RJ is the cornerstone of this franchise until he's not. He's a better talent, he's younger and a more well-rounded player. This Obi love is getting out of hand.

2020 Offseason & Free Agency Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Rivers isnít a PG, really. I think the offense will be even worse than with Payton

Honestly, Rivers doesnít fit. If the plan was to give DSJ and Frank minutes, Rivers likely eats up 20-25 bench guard minutes. Unless thereís going to be rotations that have DSJ, Frank, and Rivers together, one of them is out
    Frank canít be a FT PG but he can play pretty much anywhere so I think he finds a spot in the rotation and a way to contribute. DSJ can only run the show and he is going to have to do it day in and out at a respectable level to get mins. Can he do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Randle is on a team option contract for 2021 we could always pick up his option and trade him for wall or westy if strike out no need to rush now
    Literally trading for Wall of Westbrook would be the dumbest, most Toxic, and coincidently most Knick thing ever, and that's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Heís barely even a bench PG

Might have just been better off keeping Galloway all these years
    Galloway isnít bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

RJ, Randle and Mitch will be the starters, to begin with. PG/SG is the only one I think its a toss-up, even though DSJ needs to step up and take the reigns at PG, it wouldn't surprise me if Payton starts. As for SG, before we signed Rivers, I would say it was Burks, but at this point, I'd say its a toss-up between the two depending on how Thibs wants to run the rotation.
    Last edited by Jiggie; 11-22-2020 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Frank canít be a FT PG but he can play pretty much anywhere so I think he finds a spot in the rotation and a way to contribute. DSJ can only run the show and he is going to have to do it day in and out at a respectable level to get mins. Can he do that?

Iíd love it if DSJ can outshine Payton and take his minutes but itís hard for me to forget what he looked like this season. I know he was going through stuff but in all honesty that was some of the worst play Iíve ever seen from an NBA guy. He needs to do a complete 180, weíll just have to wait & see if he has it in him.

Is Rivers better than Burks? Iím guessing they both play but Iím curious to see if we think one is significantly better than the other going into this season.

I really did want to get a look at Jared Harper but I guess that ship has sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

I think Payton, Frank, DSJ, Rivers can all play PG in spurts

Frank, Bullock, Rivers, Burks, RJ at the 2

Frank, Bullock, Burks, Knox, RJ at the 3

Itís just a big logjam. Iím sure they didnít sign Rivers and Burks to not see the court. Likewise, Iím sure they didnít bring Bullock back to sit. Randle and Obi are taking all the minutes at 4.

Then thereís DSJ and Frank, who we should be getting as much of a look at as possible to see if they are keepers. And Knox, who we need to see if heís a total bust or not. Thatís not even mentioning Quickley yet

Way too tight, too much competition there. Once again, making things too complicated
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-22-2020 at 11:49 PM.

the home of Heavy D, Ben Gordon, Diddy, Denzel washington and me
    I am confused with these naysayers on here.

The focus should on 21 draft.
    If the star players donít wanna come, because they wanna play with there buddies else where then so be it.
    We need to fix our house on the inside before we expect guest to come over.
    Meaning we need to focus on developing our youth, for the first time in a long time we apparently have a staff dedicated to that.
    We need to hit at least a double or triple on Mitch or RJ, then pray that Obi or Quickly turns into a stud.
    We focus on getting our star guard in 21 draft.
    Apparently, itís stacked of generational talent at the PG position.
    Just imagine the sun and moon finally aligned and we hit gold with Obi and then jackpot with a PG in the upcoming draft.
    If RJ is a good starter, we will have a legit team.

This front office is doing the ďun-KnicksĒ like thing. Normally, they would spend all this cap on a FVV and Hayward, take us out the running for a better pond of fish in 21 FA but more importantly, we will become a low level playoff team and miss out on a future star in the draft...
    Sounds familiar... well yes because that has been us the last 2 decades.

Iím glad that we got a few decent players here in Rivers and Noel, Iím not excited for the return of Payton. However, he is a serviceable PG, and he was handled poorly with the previous coach. It will be on Thibs to dictate the style of play.

Ok rant over...
    Thanks to those who read it.

If there isnít another big deal on the horizon, weíre in a bit of trouble here.

For 4 and 5, we basically have our rotation of Randle, Obi, Mitch and Noel.

For 1-3, youíd guess weíd have 6 rotations players at most. Iíd say RJ, Burks, Payton and Rivers are locks.

And then we have: Frank, DSJ, Harper, Quickley, Bullock, Knox, Iggy, Jacob Evans, and Myles Powell all vying for the additional two rotation spots. Thatís absurd. Too many young guys are going to be sitting on the bench wasting away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    If there isnít another big deal on the horizon, weíre in a bit of trouble here.

For 4 and 5, we basically have our rotation of Randle, Obi, Mitch and Noel.

For 1-3, youíd guess weíd have 6 rotations players at most. Iíd say RJ, Burks, Payton and Rivers are locks.

And then we have: Frank, DSJ, Harper, Quickley, Bullock, Knox, Iggy, Jacob Evans, and Myles Powell all vying for the additional two rotation spots. Thatís absurd. Too many young guys are going to be sitting on the bench wasting away.
    There is no set rotation on this roster I'm sorry but outside of Obi and RJ nobody else is worth keeping around worry about role player after Knicks find there center piece whether that is on team or next draft or trade or FA till then this is just a trial team.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Drafting a 23 year old Obi only to park him behind Randle is so lol Knicks that youíre probably right
    Honestly it makes no difference, we got obi locked up, not like we have to worry evaluating him right away. Guys like Frank, DSJ, Knox, Mitch, are the key guys we need to evaluate now, and they need vets around them.

We can develop Obi without giving him minutes right now.