Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 145 of 246 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 3679
    Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Knicks: Reach for Quickley in the draft
    Also Knicks: Letís sign Rivers, a FA combo guard, for 1 year even though we just reached for one in the draft. Letís just have him put up empty stats and trade him to a contender for a late 2nd.

Knicks: We believe in Frank
    Also Knicks: Letís keep DSJ and bring back Payton on a 1-year deal.

Knicks: Our team spacing and defense is crap.
    Also Knicks: Letís draft a PF who got 95% of his points in dunks heís must-see TV.

**** this team, seriously. Iím done.
    Good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

So far Obi is the only hope and maybe RJ if he can shoot but damm we need to hope for ping pong luck cause there ain't no GM here to build a team.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

the home of Heavy D, Ben Gordon, Diddy, Denzel washington and me
    Knicks: Reach for Quickley in the draft
    Also Knicks: Letís sign Rivers, a FA combo guard, for 1 year even though we just reached for one in the draft. Letís just have him put up empty stats and trade him to a contender for a late 2nd.

Knicks: We believe in Frank
    Also Knicks: Letís keep DSJ and bring back Payton on a 1-year deal.

Knicks: Our team spacing and defense is crap.
    Also Knicks: Letís draft a PF who got 95% of his points in dunks heís must-see TV.

**** this team, seriously. Iím done.
    Peace
    BK is always looking for fans!!!!

Nate Duncan
    @NateDuncanNBA
    With Elfrid Payton, Austin Rivers, and Alec Burks the signings in NY, it doesn't seem that the Knicks' mandate to "build around RJ Barrett" is working any better than last year. All guys who want the ball.

This guy gets it. Whoever is defending all these moves is a moron in my book. I can understand Burks and Noel, the rest of it is just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    I had a suspicion and this signing is making me more suspicious. May be that Houston and Knicks have verbal deal to trade for Westbrook?

Rivers Burks Noel are all pieces that Houston could use around Harden. Add Randle and it gives Houston a heck of a deal for Russ. Plus allows them to keep Covington.
    That would mean we are going and signing guys for Houston, playing half a year, then making the deal, ruining their season, and then ruining our tank?

Highly unlikely

Nate Duncan
    @NateDuncanNBA
    With Elfrid Payton, Austin Rivers, and Alec Burks the signings in NY, it doesn't seem that the Knicks' mandate to "build around RJ Barrett" is working any better than last year. All guys who want the ball.

This guy gets it. Whoever is defending all these moves is a moron in my book. I can understand Burks and Noel, the rest of it is just ridiculous.
    All on one year deals too..

Makes zero sense. This team going to be god awful anyway, might as well not have bothered.

Nate Duncan
    @NateDuncanNBA

Haven't we all been crying for a guard who can shoot for the last 24 hours or is it just me?

Last I checked Rivers has played off the ball pretty much his whole career, why is that a bad fit with RJ? Payton as a poor fit with RJ I get, but this one seems like it's actually good for RJ.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I donít think itís like last year where we knew Portis, Gibson, Payton (after this season), etc. would be gone.

Rivers and Noel are good bench pieces long term.
    Right. This is how u play the long game. They clearly have a plan..

A. Get two stars...
    B. If not, sign tradable plays, possible future bench pieces that are signed with CAA and play young guys.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Haven't we all been crying for a guard who can shoot for the last 24 hours or is it just me?

Last I checked Rivers has played off the ball pretty much his whole career, why is that a bad fit with RJ? Payton as a poor fit with RJ I get, but this one seems like it's actually good for RJ.
    Not on a one year deal. Iím sure Rivers going to be chucking away, to drum up some more interest for next offseason

Heís not even a good shooter. Meh
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-22-2020 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    Right. This is how u play the long game. They clearly have a plan..

A. Get two stars...
    B. If not, sign tradable plays, possible future bench pieces that are signed with CAA and play young guys.
    We have a whole team of bench players. We need more?

Why is it good? We signed him to a 1-year deal to come pad his stats. If he plays well, guess what? Heís leaving. Meanwhile, we still donít know what we have in Frank/RJ/Knox/Obi/Quickley and many others. Iím tired of the roster carousel that this FO continues to employ in itís FA strategies. No max is coming with the state this franchise is in, and Iím absolutely cool with that. But how are these guys supposed to develop and learn how to play with each other if there is ZERO continuity on this team? They play for different coaches and with different teammates every year. Itís a circus.

ADD: And when there is zero expectation for this team to win, wouldnít it make sense to actually see what we have in the players I mentioned above instead of plugging holes with players whose sole motivation is most likely their future contract? Otherwise why would they sign up in a 1&done deal to come play for a losing franchise? Itís nonsense.
    Last edited by AI; 11-22-2020 at 07:51 PM.

Just more ready made excuses if the guys we drafted keep throwing bricks. If you canít play with Austin Rivers and Alec Burk who can you play with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Not on a one year deal. Iím sure Rivers going to be chucking away, to drum up some more interest for next offseason
    I don't really buy this line of thinking. If RJ can't dominate backcourt touches next to Rivers we have a problem and it's not with Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    We have a whole team of bench players. We need more?
    Um that's the point. Knicks don't need more bench pieces... We don't even need a 3 and 4th best player.... That's RJ and Mitch... We need a top 2.

But players have to want to come here. So if you can't get them... U can't perform magic to wish them here. Let's be real... U have 3 choices..Fa {fail}, trade {maybe later}, draft {tanking 2021}.

I think some of you are letting Ur letting your Fandom get in the way of reality.

Why is it good? We signed him to a 1-year deal to come pad his stats. If he plays well, guess what? Heís leaving. Meanwhile, we still donít know what we have in Frank/RJ/Knox/Obi/Quickley and many others. Iím tired of the roster carousel that this FO continues to employ in itís FA strategies. No max is coming with the state this franchise is in, and Iím absolutely cool with that. But how are these guys supposed to develop and learn how to play with each other if there is ZERO continuity on this team? They play for different coaches and with different teammates every year. Itís a circus.
    I've seen plenty of Frank and Knox to have a pretty good idea of what they are. If they can't crack the rotation because of guys like Burks and Rivers, safe to say they are who we thought they were. Are we supposed to find the worst players we possibly can to round out the roster just so Frank won't get beat out of the rotation by a journeyman bench player again?