Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 138 of 246 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 3679
    Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Ultimately, I liked the Hawks approach to FA. They didnít grab this franchise altering star, but they did acquire a lot of really good players to help them push towards a playoff spot. Maybe thatís something we should have done.
    That's because they already have a franchise player and a star. They're building around a core. We're just building and looking for a core. Two different circumstances.

I keep seeing every media saying Knicks are preparing for 2021 FA but so what nobody is coming here no star wants to play with bunch of projects so the Knicks are just setting up for another failure offseason.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Knicks should remain patient. It's the smartest and best long term decision for the franchise. If you can't get the right piece for the right money, and they're no long term answers available, lose with your youth and don't sign vets looking for their next deal. Why win a few games more with players who are on their way out the door? Lose the right way and draft a franchise player, THEN you can build something. Randle has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Sure, they have Young but thatís not why those guys ended up signing in Atlanta. They offered the most $ to guys like Gallo, Bogdanovic, Rondo, etc. At some point, we have to push towards acquiring talent that fits our roster instead of waiting for some max FA to come and save us. If we are winning, weíll be a more attractive destination. If we are winning, the ďcultureĒ will start to change. There are always way to make the #ís work from a financial standpoint.
    Agree 100% with this.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I keep seeing every media saying Knicks are preparing for 2021 FA but so what nobody is coming here no star wants to play with bunch of projects so the Knicks are just setting up for another failure offseason.

Weíll be maxing Theo Pinson

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Weíll be maxing Theo Pinson
    Might as well skip Knicks till they hire a real GM who doesn't just maintain cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post

Besides that..Who are we waiting for. Thereís not much there we would want

Unless you really believe we have a shot at Giannis or Kawhi...
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-22-2020 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I havenít watched him play and wonít pretend I have but heís listed as a point guard everywhere I look, Calipari said he can play point in the NBA and he himself said heís been a PG his whole life before going to KY so weíll see. I do think we drafted him with the intent of him playing PG.

If he can be Frank level in terms of running an offense, which is not much, while being a sniper at the position he would be our best option.
    That quote by IQ matches what happens in Kentucky. Calipari said he makes his players work on their weaknesses. Calipari made him play off ball even though he was a PG coming out of high-school so hopefully he can play both positions if needed.

Next years FA is way better besides the superstars. The mid guys are way better too. Itís fine. Just play the ****ing young guys if this is the direction you are going
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Next years FA is way better besides the superstars. The mid guys are way better too. Itís fine. Just play the ****ing young guys if this is the direction you are going
    Like who? I see a lot of guys we likely wonít have a shot at, and a lot of guys everyone will say arenít worth paying

And going shopping right now and getting a guy wouldnít have stopped us from going after more next year
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-22-2020 at 02:54 PM.

Donovan Mitchell gets a $195M/5 year extension. Once again, Knick fans can forget about a dynamic transcendental player coming to New York as a free agent.

Notice Anthony Davis opted out and even the NY media hasn't even bothered to talk about the possibility of him sniffing the Knicks who have $41M in cap space (with an additional $18M if they can move Randle).

Giannis and Kawhi? PULEASSSSE...lol.

Two things have made New York an undesirable place to play:

1. James Dolan: Roll the clocks back to The Decision in 2010, basically Lebron James changed the NBA forever. It's a player's league. Every off-season, the players collude/conspire on which team do they want to play for. Lebron has done a lot of passive aggressive sniping at the Knicks. His words and actions have weight. As a result, MSG might as well be waiving The Southern Cross Battle, Beauregard's flag because players' green book tells them not to come here.

2. Revenue Sharing: Remember a portion of MSG network, ticket sales, etc all goes to the NBA potluck so teams like Indiana, Atlanta, Charlotte, OKC, New Orleans and all the teams who are either small markets or can't sell tickets are supported. The financial powerhouse of New York market is undermined by Communist principle of organ donation. This is how UFA can enjoy the SUPER low taxes in the South and still make $200M+/contract which is a Republican ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Like who? I see a lot of guys we likely wonít have a shot at, and a lot of guys everyone will say arenít worth paying

And going shopping right now and getting a guy wouldnít have stopped us from going after more next year
    We did we tried for Hayward and we tried for fvv. What do you want us to do? Fvv didnít want to leave and Hayward got 4 years. Just because we like Bogdan doesnít mean the Knicks like him. Itís not like heís perfect. There are like 8 FAs better than the top guy this offseason depending on player options. It comes down to can the young guys show enough to get anybodyís attention if not it wonít matter
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    We did we tried for Hayward and we tried for fvv. What do you want us to do? Fvv didnít want to leave and Hayward got 4 years. Just because we like Bogdan doesnít mean the Knicks like him. Itís not like heís perfect. There are like 8 FAs better than the top guy this offseason depending on player options. It comes down to can the young guys show enough to get anybodyís attention if not it wonít matter
    They should like him. They should have liked Beasley too. You canít tell me if we cane out the gate with an offer much better than 4/60, we didnít have a shot. Or threw a 4/80 at Bogs, he doesnít seriously consider it? I highly doubt we did anything like that

What we going to do, have even more space, and overpay an older guy next year? There arenít great guard options for us. All Iím saying, get pieces when they are there.
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-22-2020 at 03:09 PM.

We should hope that Atlanta signs Bogs and then considers trading us one of their young wings. Maybe we can snag Huerter or Cam Reddish for a player and a couple of 2nds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    We should hope that Atlanta signs Bogs and then considers trading us one of their young wings. Maybe we can snag Huerter or Cam Reddish for a player and a couple of 2nds.
    Iíd be all over Cam Reddish.