Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 136 of 246 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 3679
    Quote Originally Posted by Letsgo2020 View Post
    You think Quickly can develop into a true point guard? I like him but don't see how we can pass on Flynn. We probably could of gotten both lol
    Yeah heís not a point guard. Not sure where heís getting that.

Ok Knicks fans no sense in complaining... we all knew this was a weak FA and 99% of these FA got overpaid. I think the Knicks did a great job except the Payton signing and Teague is still available.

With such a short training camp Thibs will probably put out a rotation of players that he, Woody and Kenny Payne have been working with all summer.

DSJ / Payton
    RJ / Frank
    Knox / Burks
    Randle / Obi 1
    Mitch / Noel

DSJ seems to be in shape and has since March to get his head right. He is actually the most talented Point Guard on the team and I think Thibs starts him.

Frank has been working out in France but looks like he has improved his shooting consistency which will be a big part of him staying on the floor with snipers like Quickley waiting for a chance to prove himself.

People might not like this but Knox is in a crucial year in his career and KP was brought here from Kentucky primarily to get Knox up to speed. Knox is starting... book it.

As great as I think Obi will be, Randle is currently averaging 20-10 making 18 million, he is starting too. Thibs made Boozer work in his system, he will do the same for Julius.

Obi will get 30 minutes per game some how.

I feel like Quickley, Powell, Iggy, Harper will spend most of the season in G-league unless someone gets injured.

This rotation is better than what we put on the floor last season and it's time for our young players to step up or get out of here!

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Could have had a potential franchise point guard if the FO tanked properly instead of trying to boost the careers of Morris, Randle, and co.

Scott Perry being a G.M. of an NBA team at least inspires me knowing that I can achieve upper echelon positions in this world while effectively having no talent or intelligence.
    Haha that got me

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    THJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And Portis

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Ok Knicks fans no sense in complaining... we all knew this was a weak FA and 99% of these FA got overpaid. I think the Knicks did a great job except the Payton signing and Teague is still available.

With such a short training camp Thibs will probably put out a rotation of players that he, Woody and Kenny Payne have been working with all summer.

DSJ / Payton
    RJ / Frank
    Knox / Burks
    Randle / Obi 1
    Mitch / Noel

DSJ seems to be in shape and has since March to get his head right. He is actually the most talented Point Guard on the team and I think Thibs starts him.

Frank has been working out in France but looks like he has improved his shooting consistency which will be a big part of him staying on the floor with snipers like Quickley waiting for a chance to prove himself.

People might not like this but Knox is in a crucial year in his career and KP was brought here from Kentucky primarily to get Knox up to speed. Knox is starting... book it.

As great as I think Obi will be, Randle is currently averaging 20-10 making 18 million, he is starting too. Thibs made Boozer work in his system, he will do the same for Julius.

Obi will get 30 minutes per game some how.

I feel like Quickley, Powell, Iggy, Harper will spend most of the season in G-league unless someone gets injured.

This rotation is better than what we put on the floor last season and it's time for our young players to step up or get out of here!
    I agree dsj is gonna end up one of our best players next year watch

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    And Portis
    Now weíre talking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    "Playing the kids" is a nice sentiment but at some point you need to put out a unit that has floor balance and compliments each other for the kids to play well. Putting the kids on the court to play in a mess of a situation without shooting or competent PG play is not good for anyones development, and I would actually argue its BAD for their development and can even make them worse or worse-yet sabotage their careers.

We should not have just gave Frankie the reigns at PG, he is in year 4 and can't dribble inside the arc. That would be horrible for our young bigs who need competent PG play to play off of. Payton isn't the answer which is why we waived him, but he was clearly the best PG left that was willing to come here. And surprisingly Payton/Mitch had some really good splits last year. I think Payton will bring out the best in Obi in the same way. He works well in the 2 man game with bigs which we unfortunately saw last year with Randle........

Which is why Randle needs to go. He thinks this is his team and clearly did not like taking a backseat to RJ last year and won't like taking a backseat to Obi this year. Thibs is going to try and squeeze every win out of this team so the FO needs to dump Randle, I would even waive him if we can't trade him. Take him out of the picture and things are not so bad and there is a path to our young guys playing respectable basketball.

Shooting is still a problem, and RJ does not have good a complimentary piece around him in the backcourt with Payton, no doubt about it, but if you let Payton run with our young bigs I think you'll see them thrive at least.
    I agree with this. Not having a balanced team with good shooters and a decent point guard has stunt the development of our young players. Our team has no spacing and our starting point guards are worse than other teamsí third string point guards. Itís hard for veteran players to play on our team, I canít imagine what itís like for the younger guys.

2020 Offseason & Free Agency Thread

Last edited by YoungStuna; 11-22-2020 at 01:25 PM.

Last edited by YoungStuna; 11-22-2020 at 01:25 PM.

Last edited by YoungStuna; 11-22-2020 at 01:26 PM.

A couple hours before FA started, it was reported that he was heading to Atlanta. My guess regarding the hold up is that they were first trying to see if they could work out a sign and trade before taking the risk of having an offer sheet matched.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    A couple hours before FA started, it was reported that he was heading to Atlanta. My guess regarding the hold up is that they were first trying to see if they could work out a sign and trade before taking the risk of having an offer sheet matched.
    Awesome. This was the last useful fish in the FA pond. Guess we're rolling with what we've got.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Quickley is as much a PG as Trier was.
    Not a shot. Heís not iso heavy. Quickley played off ball because of maxey but he isnít trier
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I think Quickley can absolutely be a PG in the NBA.

He played with a ďtraditionalĒ PG in Hagans both of his years at Kentucky and with another PG/combo guard like Maxey this season. In 2019 he came off the bench because of Herro and PJ Washington.

I think heís a guy who might have gone much higher in the draft if he was given the keys to the offense. Averaging 2 assists in his role isnít that bad, but I feel like he could have went higher playing somewhere else where he could have showed more playmaking ability.

He reminds me of Curry actually. Similar size, pure shot (42% on 3s and 92% from FT line is tremendous) and Curry only averaged 2.8 assists in his first 2 seasons at Davidson with high usage.
    Steph curry would be very good
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Love the moves Portland has done
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331